Are african american people generally more homophobic?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Heck no...What you seen all the gay guys in the ATL??? Go check out Lenox Mall or the airport and see all the strange black men staring at you too long.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
this is how the beverly center here in los angeles is as well.

hmmm dam well i guess that settles it.
but what would you say the root of the homophobia is? like i mean why would there be generally less tolerance among the african american community than, say,white americans?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

if your not black or hang with tons of blacks then how can you say yes or no ?

if your not black or hang with tons of blacks then how can you not say yes or no ?

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Whats up with all these pointless threads as of late?
how is it pointless? I'm discussing a valid social issue, when there is 100+ page threads of booty's
I guess if it's not immediate mindless entertainment it's pointless?

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

It has nothing to do with race and everything to do with rap music.
Yup.
I'm Black, I dont care about anyones sexual preference. live ya life

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

The general Jamaican homophobia takes the cake.

i apologize for anybody this may offend...

but jamaicans are some of the most intolerant/homophobic/prejudicted people i've met

specifically talking in terms of homosexuality

I'm laughing because I'm Jamaican and it's true.

I dont agree with the lifestyle my damn self and when i see two guys, something about it doesnt register but w/e. life's too short and we all gonnameet/work with someone gay sometime or another...

Originally Posted by MissKickBack

U sir are not fabricating statements. Them dudes spaz when they get a whif of ayoness

Yes and rightfully so.

That is not of our culture or history.

Y'all can keep that to yourselves....who so ever wants to claim, accept and promote it.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

And the amount of yardies who are in fact gay boggles the mind.
laugh.gif

When it comes to this question there are many factors why one would say yes. Religious upbringing, growing up with no father, being taught on what a man is,and then the natural disgust of the thought homosexual acts, etc. With all that prominent in black ppl, there are still a good amount who aren'thomophobic. Keep in mind most of those factors effect the males and most black males don't mind homosexuality among females imo. There are a lot of blackfemales who are bi or bi-curious or who have experimented
laugh.gif

Imma have to say no. I can't generalize black ppl off of the homophobes I've come across. The topic of homosexuals in an actual discussion hasn'tcome up yet with my black friends(male & female) unless it's about girls. Even when it may lead to that topic a quick AYO steers us to somethingelse.
laugh.gif

I am Jamaican and I think from a cultural aspect we are a homophobic not blacks in general.

[h3]Are african american people generally more homophobic?[/h3]
NO...

Because homophobia is active in all social/societal systems in which males dominate...

In other words, homophobia is equally spread amongst the various populations, more or less, of the world.

And within this world, African Americans are, arguably, insignificant with respect to population so to say, ask, or infer that A.Americans are generally morehomophobic is damn near ridiculous and borders close to stupid...

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by MissKickBack

U sir are not fabricating statements. Them dudes spaz when they get a whif of ayoness
This made me laugh....But the few dreads I know will go ballistic too if they encounter a batty boy.
laugh.gif

Prop 8 voitng don't lie. And it ain't just the men it is the woman as well.

It's sad that the most liberal group in America is often so close-minded.

Back
Top Bottom