Are canadian NHL hockey games always sold out?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ No..You're right. My whole thing is that if America cut there teams in the U.S. and threw them up into Canada and America kept their top 5 or 7 teams/markets then you can still keep those diehard American hockey fans and also keep the game to the rightful owners (rightful meaning founding nation).

That wouldnt happen because there what like maybe 4 more Canadian markets that could handle NHL hockey( Winnipeg,Sakatchewan,Quebec City, Halifax,a secondToronto team) and about 2 of those markets are pushing it.

some trolls showed up I see. Anyways I think hockey is growing in the U.S. quite a bit. Look at Dallas the whole city is growing with hockey it's crazythey are putting up 2 more Dr. Pepper stars centers up around the dallas area as of now. And hockey doesn't suck they travel a ridiculous amount and playtons of games and it's way more physically demanding than almost any other sport. Then again I'm talking on a sneaker message board so the majority ofpeople on here love NBA which is a complete joke I don't care how many threads you have it still sucks. I don't see the NBA giving anything back to thefans like hockey does. And I kind of like hockey not being that popular and I think canadian's like it that way too it's a treasured sport with a lotof history.

I dont like hockey, dont care for it...if I had to pick a team, its the red wings, and i ONLY watch hockey when they are in the Stanley Cup.

tryna get hockey tickets here in toronto = tickets for yankee game
and yankee stadium holds way more people and there are more games played there
roll.gif

Deadsetace...Jim Balsille, CEO of Research in Motion (the Blackberry company) was set to buy the Nashville Predators and had a deal in place but then GaryBettman blocked the move. Balsille, being the genius that he is, started promoting and selling tickets for a new NHL team in Southern Ontario for the 2011season before he had even completed his purchase of the Predators. Bettman didn't want the Predators to be moved and so he prevented Balsille from buyingthem even though Balsille's offer was the best.

I dont see another NHL team coming to Ontario in the near future because teams like the Leafs, Sabres and Red Wings would possibly block such a move fromhappening. They may argue that bringing another team to the region would take away from their market share.

Hockey fans in Toronto are the primary reason why I hate the Leafs. Fans are undying in loyalty, support the team unconsiously and spend their hard earneddollars recklessly on Leafs merchandise despite the team's sorry state of affairs for the past 5 decades. Leafs upper management have no incentive to getbetter when they know that they will sell out all 41 home games and broadcasters will kill for the tv rights to games regardless of how badly the team isplaying. Another huge problem with the Leafs is that going to the games has now become an event mostly for elites. To get decent tickets will easily cost youhundreds of dollars, while the nose bleeds go for like $70 each. This sort of explains why despite the ACC usually being sold out, it lacks the identity andcrazy atmosphere that other arenas have.

Back
Top Bottom