Are Filipinos considered Asian?

Some say yes, some say no. What do you guys think? I've been wondering about this for years and I never got a straight answer. Since they have Spanish last names it just throws me off. SRS question by the way.

good luck.

-I WANT TO KNOW TOO
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

good luck.
laugh.gif

I've had mixed responses. I've had some tell me they consider themselves Asian, while I've heard of some other say they don't. And neither of those people hesitated when responding so...

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

This is a legitimate question because some don't consider themselves Asian.. Why the fuss? 
laugh.gif
they they filipinos that consider themselves Asian?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

This is a legitimate question because some don't consider themselves Asian.. Why the fuss? 
laugh.gif
they they filipinos that consider themselves Asian?
grin.gif
I have no idea what you're trying to ask me.. Come again?

all those ive met say they are asian. but ive noticed that other asians dont. i have a chinese friend who doesnt consider them asians but pacific islanders

I never thought about the Spanish last names... That's interesting.. They do have the same racial background though, right? Latina and Asian?

They're Asian. Some just don't want to be associated with the negative stereotypes. Kinda like Ethiopians denying the fact that they're Black.

Originally Posted by SamDUH562

not-sure-if-serious-or-just-plain-stupid.jpg
I got a question for you actually. How badly did you want to put up that jpeg before actually putting serious thought into my post?

i remember back in HS this Filipino chick kept rambling on how they were pacific islanders and not asians. One day she was giving one of her speeches in the cafeteria and this hefty Samoan chick walked right up to her face and said, "*!*%! youre NOT pacific islander!" Didnt hear a peep from ol filipino girl for the rest of the school year.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

i remember back in HS this Filipino chick kept rambling on how they were pacific islanders and not asians. One day she was giving one of her speeches in the cafeteria and this hefty Samoan chick walked right up to her face and said, "*!*%! youre NOT pacific islander!" Didnt hear a peep from ol filipino girl for the rest of the school year.
I should have mentioned Pacific Islanders also oops. So Pacific Islander, Asian, and Spaniard right?
laugh.gif

I wanna know why mods will suspend dudes for sayin "barra", when I was on the pokemon wiki page all the japanese names for pokemon replaced "Ls" with "r"s

[table][tr][td]
I wanna know why mods will suspend dudes for sayin "barra", when I was on the pokemon wiki page all the japanese names for pokemon replaced "Ls" with "r"s
[/td][/tr][/table]
de que chingadas estas hablando cabron?

Back
Top Bottom