Are Foamposites worth the price?

Hey, what's up NT? I have never bought any foamposites of any type but i plan on trying to cop the Crimsons that come out later this year. Personally I think that the $220 price is steep (I understand cop what you like and if you can afford it). With the foamposites being over $200 are the materials and the comfortability worth it? The only reason why I ask that is because I have tried on the Zoom Rookies and that shoe was hard as hell (guessing from the carbon fiber plate) and i don't want to be walking around with my foot hurting all the time. So if you own a pair foams just let me know. 

~Peace. 

Myles2012

Personally, style wise I like foams a lot better than rookie's. Rookie's always strike me as cheap-looking.

style wise yes it's worth it but performance wise definitely not, if u plan to rock those shoes on court u gonna feel dissapointed

I wasn't planning on actually ballin in them. I just didn't want my foot hurting just walking around in them

They're the perfect casual shoe. After a couple wears, they feel fine and won't hurt your feet. Honestly, foams are indestructible. They are well worth the 220 price. They will far outlast a Jordan retro, and most Nike retros.

BTW, this belongs in the Nike Retro section, as Foams are retros now... 

http://niketalk.com/f/7347/nike-retro

I agree with pretty much everything said above. For style and longevity you can't go wrong. My only knock on them is like everythin with a clear sole, eventually that baby is going to turn yellow and not look as attractive. But with the Crimson's bottom you don't even have to worry about that on this pair.

Foamposite One/Pro > Zoom Rookie. I'm not a fan of Rookies at all, so uncomfortable. No forefoot cushion at all. At least with Foams you'll get forefoot and heel zoom.

not in my eyes...ironically i like the rookies better...the foams are more comfortable than rookies but i still dont think foams are all that comfortable.

They're the perfect casual shoe. After a couple wears, they feel fine and won't hurt your feet. Honestly, foams are indestructible. They are well worth the 220 price. They will far outlast a Jordan retro, and most Nike retros.

BTW, this belongs in the Nike Retro section, as Foams are retros now... 

http://niketalk.com/f/7347/nike-retro
Thanks about the "BTW, this belongs in the Nike Retro section, as Foams are retros now..."

I agree with pretty much everything said above. For style and longevity you can't go wrong. My only knock on them is like everythin with a clear sole, eventually that baby is going to turn yellow and not look as attractive. But with the Crimson's bottom you don't even have to worry about that on this pair.
That's why I do like the colored soles because of the "non-yellowing", but I can't be mad over buying something that I knew that would happen eventually.

They will last you for a LONG time, but comfort is not very good. The cushioning is non existent and it seems like it would be a good shoe for big guys. I guess they are okay for casual use if you don't mind rock hard cushioning.

I honestly feel that they are worth every penny. I don't play ball in them and I love the way they form to your feet. As far as comfort they are pretty much my go to kicks because they are very comfortable

i have a love/hate relationship w foams. i love how they conform to ur feet after a few wears and that they never crease. i hate that they yellow more than most clear soles and look like piss. its not like all clear soles yellow bc there are a few brands thats utilize clear soles and those either barely ever show yellowing or take awhile to get to that stage

No, I'm only saying this because I know Nike lurks here and they are going to keep raising the price on them. :smh:

Last edited:
when it comes to being worth it, flightposites > foamposites. lighter and comfier. foams look a tad better though

Back when foams first dropped they are all I would play in. They would kill your feet for the first few wears but after you broke them in they molded to your feet. The lockdown, cushioning, ankle protection...was crazy. Plus they were SUPER indestructable, I played in my Flightposite 3's for what seems like years...(indoor courts of course)

Since they became more of a fashion type deal I haven't copped a pair (plus they stopped making them in my size...16) so I can't speak on the retros or the newer version (rookies) but back in the day they were worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom