Are jordan V a decent balling shoe?

So I've been watching bulls vs pistons from the 1990 playoffs and I just love the look of the black Vs. I don't buy basketball sneakers unless I can ball in them so I was wondering if anyone has experience playing in the Vs?

Thanks

They're probably the worst retros to play in. They feel like cinder blocks on your feet. 14s are the best J's to play in IMO.

I wouldnt recommend jordans to ball in period now. They arent made like they were when michael was playing.

Thanks for the info. You guys saved me about $200.

Yeah 14s rock. I loved the OGs, but the latest retros were just awful. JB's cost cutting has gone way too far.

It is a shame that Jordans used to be the premier basketball shoe and now they're made for casual wear

Naw. For casual balling, no playoffs, it's a good shoe. Except for the ankle support IMO. But yea these newer models are where it's at. Love ballin in d. Rose shoe. Lightweight and mobile.

seems like it would be way too heavy, clunky, and inflexible for my liking...retro j's just don't have that lock-down feel like high-tech ballin shoes have now-a-days

I played in the V's that released in 06- metallic joints. I didn't play hard in them, but just shot around. They were not that bad, of course when you compare the shoe to today's technology it's not even on the same level. I would definitely not spend $200+ on a retro and play ball in them...but the Jordan 3's that came out seem to be pretty solid. Actually, the Jordan 2's are actually playable in. Nightwing2303 on youtube does pretty dope performance reviews on kicks. He's willing to try any pair.

They are very flat and the toebox in the current retros makes em run small, overall id only consider ballin in the suede/nubuck 5s cus of the shape of the toebox.

Originally Posted by bawayfrombless

its *@##%$ how basketball shoes aren't playable in when you think about it.
(talking retros)
Absolutely. It ain't selling a basketball shoe that you can't ball in.

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

Naw. For casual balling, no playoffs, it's a good shoe. Except for the ankle support IMO. But yea these newer models are where it's at. Love ballin in d. Rose shoe. Lightweight and mobile.

yea the D Roses are great for ballin in, don't hold up too long on outdoor courts tho.

As for the black/metallic V's, I have a retro pair and they are extremely comfortable, like putting your foot in a cloud. However I Wouldn't dare ball in them simply because of how fresh they are
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I don't think anyone here has played in the V. It's an excellent shoe IMO. I play in them regularly.

Back
Top Bottom