Are LBJs on NikeID a good idea?

Well Ive been really wondering why NIKE only throws Kobes on ID, and dont ever do LeBrons? I really think it be a GOOD idea, anyone else think LBJs on ID is a dope idea? I wish they were, so I could make some LBJ VIIs in the same "ALL-STAR WEST" colorway, or in the "Dark Knight" colorway like the Kobes.

I think it would be a good idea, cept the costs of it would be pretty much 200 dollars a pair...that's not too appealing to me.

I think it's because of how Kobe used to be with the whole 2k4-2k5 line.. and those were on Nike iD

I'd personally not be too happy if I suddenly seen KD2s on Nike iD.. don't want too many colorways around, just the simple/meaningful ones that KD/Nike chooses to release.. just my .02

good idea, but we have to see if it's a risk nike want to take. like IRyBreadl mentioned earlier, the price might be too high for an id. soccer cleats id's are over $200, it's because they're soccer cleats. the high end soccer cleats are usually more expensive then high end basketball shoes.

imo it would not be a good idea
tired.gif

Ehhhhhhh since I consider the Lebron sneakers to be this generations Jordan's.. Let's face it in 20 years every Lebron sneaker will be huge.... Unfortunately for Kobe his sneakers are more comfort than look....

Anywho I think it would seriously devalue the sneakers in the long run and ruin their prestige (not really the word I am looking for)

On the other hand putting the Playoff sneakers on Nike Id would be a good idea.

I'm not a big fan of LeBron, but I don't mind the Idea of having his shoes on nike ID.. and IMO, his soldier shoes should be on it not the regular sigline

Originally Posted by DesertDunk 34

I agree with the price point on the sig Lebrons but
what about throwing the Soldiers on id?
This. Soldiers on iD would be great. The III's were unbelievable to play in, and if I could have made some on iD who knows how many I would have bought.

no not a good idea... a GREAT IDEA. I WOULD Buy MULTIPLE PAIRS.... and I mean the real Lebrons not some soldiers or team Lebron whatevers...

Originally Posted by IRyBreadI

I think it would be a good idea, cept the costs of it would be pretty much 200 dollars a pair...that's not too appealing to me.

AM2009 sold really well, and those are priced 185$
they base it off sales also. i was really suprised that the Sharkleys made it tho... some colorways sold out fast tho, so idontknow..
Hyperdunks did well obviously.
lebrons will do well i think, its just, to be honest, his fan base needs to get bigger.

put if the PS 7s were up.... oh gaawd
sick.gif
..... i'd be all over those.

Lebron 7s were supposed to be on ID. And Lebron said that he didn't want his shoes on ID.

^^^^I think somebody  in the old thread I think spacej23 was saying he heard that around the campus that Lebron doesnt want his shoes on iD. 

It would be a GREAT idea doesn't look like its going to happen though
eyes.gif

I would have a pair of VII's by now if they were
ohwell.gif

As much as I love the LBJ 7's, I don't think its a good move. I do think, however, that nike is trying to get more exposure for the Lebrons, which is why they introduced all those gray colorways, with either a red, blue, or orange swoosh. kind of like a TB concept. I think the TB concept for lebron works well.

no because LBJ's dont sell well to begin with and i highly doubt someone is gonna pay 200 or more to customize a pair of crappy lebrons.

to me the whole id thing kills shoes....It just feels like it cheapens them. Nike id should only be for team shoes

Originally Posted by Essential1

Ehhhhhhh since I consider the Lebron sneakers to be this generations Jordan's.. Let's face it in 20 years every Lebron sneaker will be huge.... Unfortunately for Kobe his sneakers are more comfort than look....

Anywho I think it would seriously devalue the sneakers in the long run and ruin their prestige (not really the word I am looking for)

On the other hand putting the Playoff sneakers on Nike Id would be a good idea.
This, and

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

to me the whole id thing kills shoes....It just feels like it cheapens them. Nike id should only be for team shoes
This...(my sentiment for the bolded part exactly...althoughhhh, Kobe's are doing very well)

I do think Soldier/PS IDs would be better rather than the sig kicks... 

I wish the LeBron VII's (black/white) and new playoff editions should be on ID...Honestly, though I'm not a big fan of his kicks...I love the fact that Nike keeps pumping out tons of colorways and gimmicks for him (ie "birthday" and "big apple") editions. However, I find his shoes awful to ball in and I'm not a big fan of the sneaker design. I loved the first LeBron sneaker (air zoom generation) and the LeBron IV's...the shoes are so dam heavy

if at $160 for brons, i dont think they will sell when they mark it up for IDs...people already hesitate on the released shoes, so doubt people will pay close to 200 for IDs.

Well from an actual Basketball playing standpoint these super-light Kobes work for a lot more guys then the LeBrons do, there are thousands upon thousands more little sub 6 footers playing than plus 6'6 guys.
I agree it would be kinda cool to make your own colors, but to me it just takes so much away from the line. 

Even TBs do in my opinion: Ex, How much sweeter were the OSU IVs than the TB VIIs? 

Back
Top Bottom