Are the Colts trying to pull off a "96 San Antonio Spurs"???

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by Peep Game

rayray3thousand wrote:

Not sure if you younger NTers remember but the Spurs were a solid team in the west... until the 96/97 season when David Robinson was basically out the entire year, and Sean Elliot was out for half the season.

The season was down the tubes... then the draft came around...

Could the Colts be following the same formula?  Without Manning, they will not win as many games, but with him back, they are super bowl contenders once again...

Would you do it?
Besides when they won in 2006, have the Colts even sniffed the near vicinity of the Super Bowl since then? They had always been regular season champs leading up
to that, and then when they won, they never got any closer. So I can't really see how they could have been considered that, especially when the Jets, Pats, Steelers,
and even the Chargers that year would take them out. They could be going for that though, but you have to see who still sticks around. They have good edge rushers,
but a weak secondary, weak rush D, and they barely run the ball. Peyton is what makes them go, and if he's not there, Reggie Wayne will cry again. 

Not sure if serious.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's just crazy. I mean how does someone type that?!

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Originally Posted by THE GR8

im sorry but didnt you finish last in the NFC North last year?? Not tryna be cocky and say that we are %@%@!%# amazing or anything but seriously you Minnesota fans are so %@%@!%# cocky for a team that really isnt that good at all. And its not even like there were Bears fans running their mouth or something before. You were %@%@!%# 6-10 last year, take a seat
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Goes for Lions scrubs too. Y'all ain't been relevant to the NFC North since John Wilkes Booth assassinated Lincoln. The *+#! you gonna act all high and mighty before you even played a single game? You guys are a rip off of Packers fans...wait, Packers actually done something in the past century. Whoops.
That's all fine and dandy that you think that way, but lets see what you are saying at the end of the season when you and the Vikings are competing for 3rd place in the North and the Lions lay a whooping on both of your teams.  If you would like to continue this discussion, give the NFC North thread a bump so we aren't #%$#!!++ up this thread.
I can't find it. 

Deadset I cannot WAIT until you change your avy. Hope looking all lazy eyed and sweaty. Bleh.

who is the david robinson of next years draft....don't say luck, cause it doesn't make sense with manning likely to be fine

you mean Tim Duncan I'm guessing...

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

who is the david robinson of next years draft....don't say luck, cause it doesn't make sense with manning likely to be fine

you mean Tim Duncan I'm guessing...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yes

If Peyton takes this season off to heal, indy will get a top 10 draft pick, and get something SERIOUS for their defense... with a rested Peyton and revamped D, why not do it?

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Not sure if you younger NTers remember but the Spurs were a solid team in the west... until the 96/97 season when David Robinson was basically out the entire year, and Sean Elliot was out for half the season.

Could the Colts be following the same formula?  Without Manning, they will not win as many games, but with him back, they are super bowl contenders once again...

Would you do it?
Besides when they won in 2006, have the Colts even sniffed the near vicinity of the Super Bowl since then? They had always been regular season champs leading up
to that, and then when they won, they never got any closer. So I can't really see how they could have been considered that, especially when the Jets, Pats, Steelers,
and even the Chargers that year would take them out. They could be going for that though, but you have to see who still sticks around. They have good edge rushers,
but a weak secondary, weak rush D, and they barely run the ball. Peyton is what makes them go, and if he's not there, Reggie Wayne will cry again. 

Not sure if serious.

Straight comedy... But like mentioned earlier, I can see SF going hard for that pick lol.

wat player right out of the draft on either side of the ball will make a dramatic affect on the colts, none if you ask me, once the offensive line can by manning time, the colts hav a shot every year, period, no need for any game throwin

Deadset I cannot WAIT until you change your avy. Hope looking all lazy eyed and sweaty. Bleh.
i38o0o.gif
For the record, I dont think Hope is ugly.  Shes cute as hell in the gif you just posted.  I just think she looks gross in your avy.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

You can't play two QBs at once, though

Right. This comparison is odd.
laugh.gif
Whatever brings a ring back to the Colts though...
pimp.gif

THIS
a better defense wouldnt hurt though.....Irsay
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Would you do it?

they were in the super bowl in january 2010

I had actually completely forgot it was them who lost to the Saints that year. A light bulb had went off when I woke up this morning. I'm still iffy on calling them
Super Bowl contenders though based on how their playoff runs occurred throuought the years.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

they were in the super bowl in january 2010

I had actually completely forgot it was them who lost to the Saints that year. A light bulb had went off when I woke up this morning. I'm still iffy on calling them
Super Bowl contenders though based on how their playoff runs occurred throuought the years.

i've had a similar view about the colts.  when it's all said and done, they should've won more then 1 super bowl between 2002-2010.   the losses to the patriots in jan 04 and 05 are understandable as new england won back to back those years and had home field in both games,  however starting 13-0 in the 05 season only to lose to 6 seed pittsburgh at home,  going 13-3 in 2007 only to lose at home to san diego who was without rivers and tomlinson most of the 2nd half that game,   winning their final 9 games of the 08 season and looking like the best team in the afc going into the playoffs only to lose to 8-8 san diego in the first round. with all that said they've defenietly underacheived when it counts.

hell i'll bring up the 2009 season when they went to the super bowl as well,  the chargers have been their kryptonite and had the jets not beat san diego in the divisional round, i'm all but certain san diego would've played the saints last year.  hell had the colts not got that touchdown right before the end of the 1st half against the jets when they were losing 17-6,  the jets go into to the 3rd quarter of that game up by 11 and possibly upset indy themselves.

i'll give the colts a pass for last year as a ton of their guys were injured and they made the playoffs with a bunch of nobodys at reciever and almost won a game but for the most part they've underacheived to me.

^^^Yea that's pretty much what I was getting at. When I think of "super bowl contenders", I think of the Pats and Steelers, teams that you can almost pencil
into the Super Bowl on any given day, and not really be far off, and I don't feel like you could have ever done that with the Colts. Even with Peyton and the Colts
winning in 06, and getting back there in 09, they've always had that stigma of being "regular season champions", and all what you brought up is a test to that.

Originally Posted by Statis22

If that's the case then a few teams have underachieved during that time period.

my gripe with the colts is all the times they lost home playoff games at home or games to teams they shouldn't have lost to.

losing at home to 6 seed pittsburgh,  losing at home to san diego when their two best players were hurt for close to half the game, losing to a team that went 8-8, and then losing at home again last year in the playoffs. to me they've underachieved because they were favored to win all of the games i mentioned.

I had to gravedig again....

Colts are going for it... basically sitting Manning this season and ensuring a top draft pick and a healthy Manning next season

Back
Top Bottom