Are there traits of homosexuality in christianity?

We talked about it in my analyzing religion class (my favorite class I've taken) Basically it is well known that Jesus was half man, in that sense in orderto worship and praise him, would be at the very least to worship a man. If that isn't gay I don't know what is. Also abstinence by priests was said tohave been an outlet to homosexuals in search of a meaningful life in society. I just thought it was an interesting way to look at christianity.

roll.gif
wut? Jesus was halfman? What was the other half of him? And as for abstinence by priests, that was by the Catholic church. They're on their own steez

Jesus was half man half devine I thought that was common knowledge, Catholics were original christian church.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

We talked about it in my analyzing religion class (my favorite class I've taken) Basically it is well known that Jesus was half man, in that sense in order to worship and praise him, would be at the very least to worship a man. If that isn't gay I don't know what is. Also abstinence by priests was said to have been an outlet to homosexuals in search of a meaningful life in society. I just thought it was an interesting way to look at christianity.
i don't see how that is gay

He was the Son of God. Catholics were NOT the original christian church. they were just one of the main offshoots. They do thing specifically outlined as wrongin the Bible: worshipping those other than God, creating "holy" images, and their priests are not abstinent. As glaringly apparent by the travestiesthat they have committed for the past 500 years.
And when you're saying "worship a man" is gay, do you mean gay as in bareback or gay as in not cool?

a teacher told me that homosexuals a couple years back (maybe 1960s? not so sure) were being hated on, and the only place they thought they could be acceptedand/or changed was through the church, so they became priests ...

fast forward to a couple of years later and you catch older priests molesting young boys.

is there a direct correlation? i dont know. just something to think about.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

We talked about it in my analyzing religion class (my favorite class I've taken) Basically it is well known that Jesus was half man, in that sense in order to worship and praise him, would be at the very least to worship a man. If that isn't gay I don't know what is. Also abstinence by priests was said to have been an outlet to homosexuals in search of a meaningful life in society. I just thought it was an interesting way to look at christianity.

Worshiping a man, and a religion worshiping that man being a "cult" for homosexuals to lead lives isn't gay to you?

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Worshiping a man, and a religion worshiping that man being a "cult" for homosexuals to lead lives isn't gay to you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by yancancook90

a teacher told me that homosexuals a couple years back (maybe 1960s? not so sure) were being hated on, and the only place they thought they could be accepted and/or changed was through the church, so they became priests ...

fast forward to a couple of years later and you catch older priests molesting young boys.

is there a direct correlation? i dont know. just something to think about.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Priests have been molesting minors before the parents of your teacher were born.
This isn't new.

Jesus was half man half devine I thought that was common knowledge, Catholics were original christian church.
You're really reaching, but you're almost right with that - Jesus was fully man and fully God.

The Catholic church as we know it wasn't really the original church (you think they had all the chanting and statues of Mary 2000 years ago?) but it iswhere it developed from until the Reformation.

Jesus didn't teach abstinence. Paul did mention it - I can't remember where but he often spoke about devotion to God and how he himself wasn'tmarried so he could spend more time preaching etc. - but he didn't advocate it for everyone.

That's one of those things that the Catholic Church developed over the years.

Why does God even have a gender? Gender is more or less a human attribute related to sexual relationships. Does God smash? Did God smash Mary? Does God need apenis?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Why does God even have a gender? Gender is more or less a human attribute related to sexual relationships. Does God smash? Did God smash Mary? Does God need a penis?
grin.gif

Jesus was human God isn't

Back
Top Bottom