Are u going to Hell vol. Ten Commandments

I think i am
frown.gif
i did not know a lie was number 9

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is inthe water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, norhis ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

following the ten commandments has nothing to do with your salvation
accept Him as your one and only Savior and you're set

laugh.gif
....Hell...
laugh.gif

I'd like it to be known that I think the Devil/Lucy a.k.a. Lucifer(I refer to him as Lucy)/Beelzebub/etc. is (())(and not even a tight one at that, all stretched out, dark and hanging out all loose like a broken slinky) I aint scaredof some imaginary bogeyman who's known for taking Ls from "GOD" for eternity.
TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
Just so I can ask NT, not just the christian ones. Doesn't this commandment directly address and go against all those who glorify the cross,crucifix, Jesus(a.k.a. Cesare Borgia)/Jesus pieces, and any other trinket that's turned around and worshiped as well made for profit in the name of theLord?

man ive lied a lot,wanted my neighbors wife, and havent kept the Sabbath day holy. hopefully the good deeds ive been doing lately help cancel out the bad ivedone.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
....Hell...
laugh.gif

I'd like it to be known that I think the Devil/Lucy a.k.a. Lucifer(I refer to him as Lucy)/Beelzebub/etc. is (()) I aint scared of some imaginary bogeyman who's known for taking Ls from "GOD" for eternity.
TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
Just so I can ask NT, not just the christian ones. Doesn't this commandment directly address and go against all those who glorify the cross, crucifix, Jesus(a.k.a. Cesare Borgia)/Jesus pieces, and any other trinket that's turned around and worshiped as well made for profit in the name of the Lord?

The cross wasn't in heaven...and I don't rock pieces with Jesus on them

Originally Posted by heaVINsent15

laugh.gif
....Hell...
laugh.gif

I'd like it to be known that I think the Devil/Lucy a.k.a. Lucifer(I refer to him as Lucy)/Beelzebub/etc. is (()) I aint scared of some imaginary bogeyman who's known for taking Ls from "GOD" for eternity.
Just so I can ask NT, not just the christian ones. Doesn't this commandment directly address and go against all those who glorify the cross, crucifix, Jesus(a.k.a. Cesare Borgia)/Jesus pieces, and any other trinket that's turned around and worshiped as well made for profit in the name of the Lord?

What does the "or that is in the Earth beneath" line mean then? I've always found the cross/crucifix to be a joke and a littledisrespectful if Jesus is the guy Christians claim he is. My father, a self proclaimed christian always spoke out against it and the ridiculousness of it. GODaint never say go around using the cross as the symbol for the word he bestowed upon you.

BTW the question wasn't directed only to you why did you answer it like that? If one part doesn't apply to you you can still answer the overallquestion but w/e. I'll assume that by you saying you don't rock Jesus pieces that you admit that rocking it is in fact breaking a commandment and/or asin.

Back on topic I've always found this commandment thing some what of a joke. When ppl turn around and say GOD will forgive you for your sins if you trulyrepent/atone for them and are truly sorry for the sin committed what's the point? If all I have to do is truly feel sorry for what I've done it'stechnically an anything goes policy while I'm alive. Furthermore, the whole process seems to be counter-productive if we're all born with originalsin(excuse my human reasoning). I mean if GOD is in fact omnipotent, wouldn't he know that we would sin anyway even though he set these commandments up?Wouldn't we all be trying in vain? Wouldn't life simply be an act of trying to be something we can't besince none of us are without sin?

Makes me think GOD's more of a scientist than even a practical thinker would let on. Mankind being nothing morethan a simple experiment. Set up some rules that they will break, lay down guidelines that they won't be able tofollow perfectly. How long until they give up?

man, i think im going to hell.....i can feel it.i gotta change my ways quick!

Master Zik wrote:

yes, yes it is, the cross is a pagan symbol that pretty much all modern churches have adopted. I believe the catholic church altered one of thecommandments to synchronize it with the worship of mythological gods and people. The Roman Catholic church seems to heavily use pagan symbols and beliefs.

christmas is based off sun worship, easter is based off a mythological god. halloween relates to traditions of spiritism, birthdays are based off somesuperstitious non-sense as well, etc. this is why I really don't celebrate anything just because I find it silly

Being muslim FTW!!!
Spoiler [+]
Actually...Religon and these dumb rules are overrated.

Originally Posted by heaVINsent15

laugh.gif
....Hell...
laugh.gif

What does the "or that is in the Earth beneath" line mean then? I've always found the cross/crucifix to be a joke and a little disrespectful if Jesus is the guy Christians claim he is. My father, a self proclaimed christian always spoke out against it and the ridiculousness of it. GOD aint never say go around using the cross as the symbol for the word he bestowed upon you.

BTW the question wasn't directed only to you why did you answer it like that? If one part doesn't apply to you you can still answer the overall question but w/e. I'll assume that by you saying you don't rock Jesus pieces that you admit that rocking it is in fact breaking a commandment and/or a sin.

Back on topic I've always found this commandment thing some what of a joke. When ppl turn around and say GOD will forgive you for your sins if you truly repent/atone for them and are truly sorry for the sin committed what's the point? If all I have to do is truly feel sorry for what I've done it's technically an anything goes policy while I'm alive. Furthermore, the whole process seems to be counter-productive if we're all born with original sin(excuse my human reasoning). I mean if GOD is in fact omnipotent, wouldn't he know that we would sin anyway even though he set these commandments up? Wouldn't we all be trying in vain? Wouldn't life simply be an act of trying to be something we can't be since none of us are without sin?

Makes me think GOD's more of a scientist than even a practical thinker would let on. Mankind being nothing more than a simple experiment. Set up some rules that they will break, lay down guidelines that they won't be able to follow perfectly. How long until they give up?

I see your logic but that's part of the problem. The purpose is to be Christ like,and have the same mind that was in Christ. As for the ten we are notrobots,God gave us free will. We have the power to do right or wrong. No we can't follow every thing perfectly,cause we have this flesh. It tells us tolive in the spirit and not the flesh. As for giving up,you have to lean on God for his promises and his truth,and most of all his strength. If you try to dothis on your own you will fail. Just remember God does not and can't lie.

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Wait what?

I'm not religious, but i'm pretty sure the 2nd commandment isn't "Do Not Make Statues"

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

I think i am
frown.gif
i did not know a lie was number 9

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'
One-Um i guess i break this one...although i don't literally have any other "gods"

Two-this is stupid

Three-All the time

Four-My sabbaths are relegated to kicking women i got with the night before out of my apartment and nursing hangovers

Five-i love my mom but we've had our disagreements....my dad on the other hand
grin.gif

Six-
nerd.gif

Seven-I'm pretty promiscuous and I smash people's girlfriends/wives

Eight-i have stolen things but it's not something i do often......i ate my housemate's chicken nuggets without asking. nothing too serious.

Nine-wat?....i dont think ive ever done this

Ten-im not a jealous man but i'd be lying if i said ive never desired nice things rich/successful people have.

verdict-hell awaits me
ohwell.gif

Just because you fail to follow commandments on a daily basis does not merit a ticket to the pot (as weird as it sounds hear me out)

the commandments are basic guidelines for you to follow, yea your going to break them sometimes, but accepting God and showing an example of what's goodand holy about you will outweigh the bad

Back
Top Bottom