Are We Watching Rick Ross Fall Off?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

He was never on.

_s a gold artist with average lyrics and a great viral game. The online circle jerk overinflated him like they do everyone else.

Big Poppa reincarnated?....More like the second coming of Memphis Bleek.
You cant be serious with the Bleek comparison.

Yea Bleek did numbers but that's back when everyone was doing numbers, hell even Tony Yayo did 214,000 his first week.

And as for OP, you cant be serious with him falling off.  He was on one of the biggest songs of the summer (im on one), resurrected Wales career, brought Meek to the forefront of rap, had Meek and Wale both on that MTV list, had the internet going nuts over Rich Forever and was just named the Hottest MC according to MTV (and no I dont agree with that list but thats another conversation).

Yea so You The Boss with Nicki and I Love My Chickens were duds but regardless Def Jam would have probably put out his album off the strength that he has one of the biggest buzz's in hip hop right now if he had not had those seizures. And MMG is on fire right now.

Fell off 
roll.gif

And Im not even a Ross fan like that.

Memphis Bleek though? (and I'm a fan of his).....

roll.gif

Can't believe what I read.

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

That street/trap/Lex Luger riddem music is what's bringing the money in for him and MMG. He basically took over that lane with BMF and it would be foolish for him to veer from that lane with the money attention he's making...

yea but dont no street +$@+@% i know listen to ross. ross music is street music for people from sheltered 2 parent households

THIS!!! I really don't know any street dudes that bump this dude. Jeezy may not be a prevalent on the Internet, but he RUNS the streets.
RF hasn't got a full spin from me yet. I get turned off by the number of "trap sound" beats... He needs to rap on a mafia music/maybach music type beats more. I don't think he's falling off though...

That's prolly because none of you +###%% don't know any real street +###%% ..

Street music for people from a sheltered 2 parent home ....

laugh.gif
.. !@$* outta here

This +##+ is tiresome as hell

why must yall bring up Young Jeezy in EVERY Rick Ross thread?
laugh.gif

Jeezy has NOTHING to do with Rick Ross' alleged "fall off"
laugh.gif

Dude isn't falling off until he makes a wack album simple as that, I do agree with what some things others said that he needs to get back to the Mafioso stuff and let the trap beats breath a little bit

I don't care about Jeezy either.

That _s halfway through the spin cycle himself....time for both of them to fall back and make way for the Gibbs, KRITs, Kendricks, Trel's and ASAP Rockys.

But what Jay Jenkins did with the mixtapes and 101 gave him his stamp. That s_ changed peoples lives on some Tupac s_.

If Ace Hood was 6 inches taller, 90 pounds heavier, grew an ill beard and had a deeper voice....he'd be Rick Ross.

laugh.gif
I actually agree with this.

Ace Hood has a better flow than Ross.

Highly slept on, but his albums are horrendous.

Yall crazy never fails to amaze me, these Ns ain't even themselves and im crazy?if these Ns 30 a brick then im 80.

young said it best..how can cuz be the hottest hes not even rick ross..lol..def not biggie reincarnated...@*+? I love shot caller but I don't listen cause its BLASPHEMOUS they changed the beat for ross verse...he got hot songs, def not fallin off, but NT gives ross waaaay too much credit..

Ross is all smoke and mirrors to me. He weighs a ton but his music is weightless. His production and flow sound good at first but his s_ is disposable at the end of the day. Nothing he dropped really struck a chord with me. Like X said...how many times you gonna paint the same picture? We get it...you're a mob boss that smokes good, eats lobster bisque and calls hits with the wave of a finger....what else?

_ has no versatility.

_s laughed about Jeezy constantly getting pushed back...but how many singles has Ross thrown out in the last couple of months that went nowhere? Stay Schemin was a Drake and French track. Why is his "Ready To Die" taking so long to drop if he's the hottest artist in the game with a classic on deck?

Dude is another Ja Rule with a more believable aura.

100% Truth. 

Haze, you bugging on calling him Memph.
And album sales aren't a good measure of anything anymore.  If Ross has came on the scene round '02 he would be 4X Platinum right now, he has a national fan base.

And your right his substance is lacking.  But he also prolly has one of the best voices EVER in Hip-Hop.  That can carry him for a while.

_s is so wishy washy and trend hopping these days all I can do is sit back and laugh.

Jeezy could fall off 10X worse than he is now and he'd still have infinitely more substance to his music than Ross. Thats why he will always have a solid fanbase that goes out and supports his work.

Ross is all smoke and mirrors to me. He weighs a ton but his music is weightless. His production and flow sound good at first but his s_ is disposable at the end of the day. Nothing he dropped really struck a chord with me. Like X said...how many times you gonna paint the same picture? We get it...you're a mob boss that smokes good, eats lobster bisque and calls hits with the wave of a finger....what else?

_ has no versatility.

_s laughed about Jeezy constantly getting pushed back...but how many singles has Ross thrown out in the last couple of months that went nowhere? Stay Schemin was a Drake and French track. Why is his "Ready To Die" taking so long to drop if he's the hottest artist in the game with a classic on deck?

Dude is another Ja Rule with a more believable aura.
ALLLLLL OF THIS

Dude Ross is only ever sold Gold at his peak yet is somehow the "biggest artist in the game" dude was never on top his marketing team just conviced a buncha cats on the internet he was

Originally Posted by HARM

yea but dont no street +$@+@% i know listen to ross. ross music is street music for people from sheltered 2 parent households

THIS!!! I really don't know any street dudes that bump this dude. Jeezy may not be a prevalent on the Internet, but he RUNS the streets.
RF hasn't got a full spin from me yet. I get turned off by the number of "trap sound" beats... He needs to rap on a mafia music/maybach music type beats more. I don't think he's falling off though...

laugh.gif
.. !@$* outta here

Right. But you do.

And who is that in your avy?

Oh.

Originally Posted by cartune

*!!!$% really bumpin Rich Forever or *!!!$% bumpin stay schemin?

"Drake murdered you on ya own +!#+"

We bumpin' "Rich Forever" as a whole over here Tune....
Forgot about this track, my dude?

the $@+%* is repetitive as all hell but for some reason it sticks to me
30t6p3b.gif

Uh, cigar please
I came alive like a moth in the summer time
Japanese wheel blades all samurai
Shine brighter than them !%%%@%$ on the other side
Time to make a blind +**%$$$%%$@$ recognize
Ammunition got the competition nonexistent
Had to bubble crack but didn't have a pot to piss it
I'll double that, how dare you try to knock a $@+%*?
Street scholar, graduated no father figure
Still tote chrome, check my chromosomes
Meet me halfway with things and a mobile home
Money machines, yeah they RING like a mobile phone
I'm a seven-up, I need a coca-cola loan
I'm in the hood like I'm James Evans
Cashmere hand-made sweater
Me and money got a vendetta
Looking back, to tell the truth I could've did betta
Parents never had a good job
Now it's Black American Express cards, uh

dude says absolutely nothing in this verse but the way he made it flow made it one of the better verses of song

i can understand not liking Rich Forever but if you didn't like Triple Beam Dreams...idk man

Originally Posted by RetroSan

the $@+%* is repetitive as all hell but for some reason it sticks to me
30t6p3b.gif

Uh, cigar please
I came alive like a moth in the summer time
Japanese wheel blades all samurai
Shine brighter than them !%%%@%$ on the other side
Time to make a blind +**%$$$%%$@$ recognize
Ammunition got the competition nonexistent
Had to bubble crack but didn't have a pot to piss it
I'll double that, how dare you try to knock a $@+%*?
Street scholar, graduated no father figure
Still tote chrome, check my chromosomes
Meet me halfway with things and a mobile home
Money machines, yeah they RING like a mobile phone
I'm a seven-up, I need a coca-cola loan
I'm in the hood like I'm James Evans
Cashmere hand-made sweater
Me and money got a vendetta
Looking back, to tell the truth I could've did betta
Parents never had a good job
Now it's Black American Express cards, uh

dude says absolutely nothing in this verse but the way he made it flow made it one of the better verses of song

i can understand not liking Rich Forever but if you didn't like Triple Beam Dreams...idk man

HOW DO YOU NT'ERS NOT FEEL/HEAR WHAT THIS MAN IS SAYIN'?!
I'm sorry ya'll are lost and cannot be found if your sayin' Rozay can't spit
30t6p3b.gif

His musics alright.. couple of dope tracks.. but he still pisses me off.

Literally, he has forced the image of being a tough crack dealer and killer just by repeating it OVER and OVER again on his tracks.. now people actually believe that %$++

He still a cop snitch

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

HOW DO YOU NT'ERS NOT FEEL/HEAR WHAT THIS MAN IS SAYIN'?!
I'm sorry ya'll are lost and cannot be found if your sayin' Rozay can't spit
30t6p3b.gif

You like and listen to Nicki Minaj though champ.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Dude got like five albums and cats keep pointing to ONE song to prove he's lyrical?
laugh.gif

goldenchild9 expanded upon what I've already mentioned and hit the nail on the head. I won't even get in to the blasphemy of him calling himself Big reincarnated.

That Bleek comparison was harsh though airjordan05. Bleek was more lyrical.

idk if hes falling off money making wise or popularity but music wise maybe better yet prolly lol

Oh so Ross wasn't spittin on this...

(firefox is not cooperating and letting me embed)

Ross 2nd verse was technically more impressive than Jay's verse...

Can't find a Cigar Music YouTube to post.

"Fascinated by foreign felines...."

Dude is clever with the word play, kills the alliteration, internal rhymes and imagery.

laugh.gif
.. !@$* outta here

Right. But you do.

Oh.

I DO actually
laugh.gif

Also

I had this
dc3365a06582b8d3b296be3216ef6555e309c20c_r.gif
a2f16961bbb1b911696750d0d98bff34284a68b3_r.gif
as my avy before this ..

OH.

At the end of the $+@% is old man , This $+@% been goin on for damn near 3 years ..

laugh.gif
.. !@$* outta here

Right. But you do.

Oh.

I DO actually
laugh.gif

Also

I had this
dc3365a06582b8d3b296be3216ef6555e309c20c_r.gif
a2f16961bbb1b911696750d0d98bff34284a68b3_r.gif
as my avy before this ..

OH.

At the end of the $+@% is old man , This $+@% been goin on for damn near 3 years ..
Cool. Thanks for the history of your avy. Which is not at all relevant to what we're discussing. Though you coming in here defending Ross with a Ross avy might make your opinions come off a bit.....biased.

And congrats on knowing real street dudes. The smiley face makes it especially believable.

I guess that makes you the only one on NT, since you're out here claiming that "prolly none of (us) know any real street _____". Actually what you really wrote was a double negative, but I know what you MEANT.

So you came back in here with a lot to prove......now we know FOR SURE how in touch with the streets you are and about all your old avy's. Every street dude I know is NICE with the avys.

Mission accomplished. I am a believer. If you say real street ___ listen to Ross, you right.

Back
Top Bottom