are you a natural good hearted person?

Originally Posted by tim teufel

was having this convo with a co worker who likes to lend out money to people just to have the right to talk bad about them behind their back 
laugh.gif
 she feels even tho she talks trash about them that she helps them out so it still makes her a good person. i told her that actually makes her a loser and she stopped talking to me.overall what makes you a good hearted person?
what a dumb #+#!@
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I am very giving kind loyal trustworthy etc.....but that is what makes me so harsh.  I demand/expect a lot out of myself and the sad thing is that others pale in comparison to the standard I set for myself.  You cannot project your qualities on to others....they will always let you down and frustrate you.  The circle of good genuine people continues to shrink and shrink.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

I am very giving kind loyal trustworthy etc.....but that is what makes me so harsh.  I demand/expect a lot out of myself and the sad thing is that others pale in comparison to the standard I set for myself.  You cannot project your qualities on to others....they will always let you down and frustrate you.  The circle of good genuine people continues to shrink and shrink.

QFE

I am not sure what QFE stands for...(forgive me I am old...or feel old), but I will assume you are in agreement, haha.  It is a shame that some good people feel the need to stoop down or lower there moral standards to engage with all the fake, heartless, self absorbed people out there who truly don't give an F about anything but themselves.

As I have gotten older I had to limit my interaction with lazy, leech people who take take take but never give in return.  I don't mind being used, in the right way and appreciated, the problem comes in when people misuse and abuse one's kindness. 

People say I can be harsh...but I simply tell the truth and the fact is the truth hurts some folks and most people enjoy living the lie they do.  Ignorance is bliss for some. 

I'd like to think others think I am, because I do. I like seeing others happy and having a good time. I used to be shy as %#!* and keep to myself, but now I'm all about having a good time and making sure others are doing well themselves, no matter the situation.

I am not sure what QFE stands for...(forgive me I am old...or feel old), but I will assume you are in agreement, haha.  It is a shame that some good people feel the need to stoop down or lower there moral standards to engage with all the fake, heartless, self absorbed people out there who truly don't give an F about anything but themselves.

As I have gotten older I had to limit my interaction with lazy, leech people who take take take but never give in return.  I don't mind being used, in the right way and appreciated, the problem comes in when people misuse and abuse one's kindness. 

People say I can be harsh...but I simply tell the truth and the fact is the truth hurts some folks and most people enjoy living the lie they do.  Ignorance is bliss for some. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Quoted for emphasis

I agreed cause i find myself having certain expectations of human beings and people I know and having to deal with disappointment when those expectations are not met

What the jesus said. To elaborate, I $$%%%*+ hate people..but I realize that they are just dumb, narrow minded, egotistical, worthless pieces of #$#%..but I also realize that they are so dumb they don't even know it. 
I tolerate their stupidity, mostly as a recreational activity because I get enjoyment out of seeing just how outrageously moronic and pathetic they are.

Outside the cruel satisfaction I get out of that, I am nice out of sympathy.

Natural, free flowing, sympathy.

I'd like to think so... I don't hold grudges, i don't get up tight about meaningless things...

I generally talk politely with people, especially those who are older than me. I do charity work

about once a month and give to charities regularly. And i surprised myself last week when i found a wallet

in the parking lot on campus with a couple hundred bucks, and didn't even think twice about taking it... turned

it right in to the campus police... so yeah i think i do ok. i get irritated with certain people though, and i'm sometime a bit

stereotypical. I don't always give people a fair chance before i judge them. And i'm not all that patient, but i'm working on that.

Originally Posted by scshift

Yeah I can honestly say I am.
I like seeing other people happy and enjoy their lives. It's not to say I'll let you walk over me, but if you're a good person at heart I'll be a good person to you.

Sometimes I get irritated but for the most part I'm never angry at anyone. I don't know, it's just the way I am. I naturally loyal, dependable, trustworthy, I think that makes me a good hearted person.
Yup thats how I am but people try to take advantage of my good hearted nature/ kindness for weakness 
frown.gif

i was a **** a cold hearted %@% hole when i was younger. now im just a mellowed out $%%%@. im like george foreman and how he transformed from a cold hearted killer to a good hearted smart dude..

Im a nice dude.....

but turn into a jerk when I notice peeps taking advantage

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Quoted for emphasis

I agreed cause i find myself having certain expectations of human beings and people I know and having to deal with disappointment when those expectations are not met

tired.gif

Everyone sees themselves as a good person. Even the 'bad' ones do some mental gymnastics and still come to the conclusion that they are good. Asking people is pointless. And the idea that you are 'naturally' good, as if it's something innate, is false. We're all human, fully capable of being good or bad. It's our understanding of good (or morality) that differs. Like in OPs case, backbiting to her isn't wrong, when to most people it is. So she probably still sees herself as a good person.

Back
Top Bottom