Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Discussion in 'General' started by killthehype, Sep 26, 2015.

1. killthehype

killthehype

Because a 5th grader at the school where I'm currently working came in with this video:

His dad said he helped him with the voice over. Little dude is Indian and his dad came from India to give him a better life and he is usually really quiet but when the video played his eyes lit up and he paused it to explain things and it was adorable. We all already agreed that this kid is winning the science fair in March and we are 5 months away :lol

The reason I'm posting this video though, is to show how kids are picking up on what the current teen generation is missing out of. Taking advantage of the technology that they have to learn more. I saw down and talked with the kids dad and he said his kid spends his day on Youtube learning how about science and watching science channels and how to make animated videos. It's amazing. He's in 5th grade!

Meanwhile teens now are popping out babys every month and doing all this dumb stuff they should not be doing. :{ How do you think the younger kids are going to turn out compared to these kids? While there are great learning tools out there it takes a lot for a kid to focus and go directly to it with all this other crap around.

BTW: Keep in mind this is a church school :| which is honestly why I'm looking for another job, but why the kid put God in his video.

2. myanacondadoes

myanacondadoes

1 waz oly smot nuf to 2 da 4 grAd

3. nazdrowie

nazdrowie

i am jus sayn

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. Comparison Ford

Comparison Ford

Yes.  I am smarter than a 5th grader, and I am smarter than OP. Miss us with that "kids these days" talk.

Next question.

blackintellect likes this.
  5. blackintellect

blackintellect

LMAO [​IMG]  Couldn't hit that rep button fast enough

Really though, kids adapting to their technology is basic human evolution, would my dad even know how to sign up for NT? Probably not, that doesn't mean I'm on my way to a Noble Peace prize anytime soon. 

6. sea manup

sea manup

what exactly is he picking up on?

other than decent production value that video is a bunch of pointless gibberish 

should have just made a diagram explaining the different parts of middle earth 

7. ryda421

ryda421

doesn't explain how life at the bottom of the ocean exists nor does it explain the significance of asteroids/comets.

im all in for a higher power but you can't say _________ created it without concrete evidence

8. dipsetgeneral

dipsetgeneral

Thread/.