ArenaBall Philippines (Tackle Football)

Not sure if you guys have heard of ArenaBall Philippines. It's the first SEC-registered, official tackle football league in the country. Yes, NFL-style. Flag football is for the weak.

The inaugural season starts on April 23 with four teams but we're still looking for additional officials/referees. Games are scheduled every other weekends. For this season, all games will be played at the Marikina Sports Center.

So if there are any NFL or American Football enthusiasts here that want to join the pool of officials, send me a PM. Sad to say though, ABP cannot provide salaries as of the moment. It's all for the love of the game for now.

ArenaBall Philippines

^ this is a rec league so the players play for the love of the game. the ABP does not aim to be a pay-for-play league like the PBA. besides, 95% of our population probably don't know jack about american football.
laugh.gif

i play college football in the states and imma be in the pi this summer (june) and hopefully they still got it going on. i wanna play and let these joes know what football is all about. saw some videos in youtube and they look like a joke.

^
laugh.gif

yeah the season will still be on by June. you can't join midseason but i'm sure you can scrimmage with them.

i don't play coz i believe a lot of them don't know how to tackle properly so i just officiate.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Gameover2

^
laugh.gif

yeah the season will still be on by June. you can't join midseason but i'm sure you can scrimmage with them.

i don't play coz i believe a lot of them don't know how to tackle properly so i just officiate.
laugh.gif
yea i know the videos were horrible. i believe if i tackled one of them guarantee they will get hurt or go to the hospital. i play mlb in college but in high school i also played fullback and hopefully they would let me scrimmage them. man cant wait!!!!!

wow this is great! I'm from Marikina and also near the Sports Center. Will there be an entrance fee for watching the games?

Originally Posted by mynameisrolf

wow this is great! I'm from Marikina and also near the Sports Center. Will there be an entrance fee for watching the games?

The Marikina Sports Center charges a flat rate for entrance. I'm not sure how much but I think around Php 20 to 50 and that goes to the Marikina fund.

ABP doesn't charge anything to watch their games so feel free to come and experience the first-ever tackle football league in the country.

The season opened last April 23 and a pretty good crowd was treated to an exciting opening game with the Barracudas edging the Juggernauts, 15-14, on a late 2-point conversion.

The second game didn't come close to the excitement of the opener with the Jon Hall-led Bandits routing the hapless Wolves, 50-0.

Week 2 is on the weekend of May 8-9.

Back
Top Bottom