Arenas: Iguodala 'Doesn't Have It'

Three-time Washington Wizards ' all-star Gilbert Arenas gave his opinion of Andre Iguodala in a blog on NBA.com.

"I know after [Allen Iverson] left, you were supposed to be that No. 1 guy, but the way [Iguodala] plays the game, he doesn't have it," Arenas wrote.

Arenas, sidelined with a knee injury, also criticized Iguodala and other fourth-year players who did not sign contract extensions.

Before last night's 98-94 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves , Iguodala laughed when Arenas' comments and other articles about him were mentioned.

"I have better stuff to read," he said. "I don't read much of that because even if it's good, you have to stay humble and be consistent. What matters is what my teammates and coaches say about me."
Gil is funny with all his blogs, but this is uncalled for. I too don't think Iggy is a No. 1 option (eventually he will), but I got aproblem with Gil calling him out. I lost respect for Gil on this one. Thoughts on this?

Iggy will never be a true no 1 option on a winning team, hell never on a losing team. everything Gil said is true. If you lost respect for Arenas telling thetruth then I don't know what to say.

Gil certainly ain't right to call someone else out like that unprovoked...........

But......
At the same time watching Iguodala play, I sorta agree with Gil
grin.gif
. Nowgiven he is still young, and you cant expect ANYONE just to fill in A.I.'s shoes, but something about Iggy's game.... its like he almost has it, butnot quiet. Like Pippen and how the argument is still going of if he really only is a "second option" player on a Champ team, I dont know that Iggy isany different, I dont know that he could get Philly into the finals on his back like AI did

But, real story, shame on Gil for sayin that to the Media, have you opinions, I'm sure guys in the league have opinions on everybody, cause they haveplayed with/against them all (just like how you know who actually is a "good" player if you play one game of 5 on 5, you leave with respect for some,and not much for others), but you cant go leakin your opinions to the media, that just isnt fair.

If you lost respect for Arenas telling the truth then I don't know what to say.
I think the one thing is there is a code that sometimes you dont tell the whole truth to the media. Sure, you can think a player isnt a #1 option,and thats fine, but dont tell the media this. Same way you don't go to the media with other players personal stuff, night-life, groupies they get, sexualpreference, all of that is in the unwritten code of secrets that are kept in the NBA fraternity, and you shouldnt speak down on any of your compatriotsunsolicited (if Iggy cheap-shotted Gil and he was like "its ok, hes no good anyway" thats diff, dude earned it then)

yea wasnt this on the article were he talks about players that arent really good wanting good contracts and all that?

If Iggy ain't bothered by it, it's no big deal. Arenas spoke the truth. So many times we question athletes for being too cliched, robotic, and too PC.When we finally have an athlete who does the contrary, there are questions as to why he said what he did rather than appreciating a different point of view. Ibelieve these comments were derived from Arenas talking about someone turning down 12 million dollars.

im shocked by all the ppl supporting gilbert arenas....doest giblert wanna leave the wizards? ....whos he to bash anre iq over a contract....this doesnt makeany sense...iguodala may not be a number but hes a solid number 2....im not even sure if giblert is a #1 he hasnt proven anything in the L

Best way to settle it is on the court. Hope Gil gets healthy and maybe they can meet in the playoffs down the road.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Iggy will never be a true no 1 option on a winning team, hell never on a losing team. everything Gil said is true. If you lost respect for Arenas telling the truth then I don't know what to say.

Couldnt have put it better myself. Gil ALWAYS speaks the truth. He is the man, and the NBA or no one should hate on him because he speaks the truth. Igoudalais a nice player, but gil is 100% right he doesnt have that killer instinct that you need to be a #1. He can be a great #2 though.

I thought it was funny in Gil's blog when he said that he went 8-11 in a game at Arizona and later apolgized to his teamates for taking 11 shots. Than Gilsaid he has always called him Scottie Pippen.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That !%+% made me laugh. Gil is
pimp.gif

blasphemy! stay hobbled.

waits for him to bash Lute Olsen, Salim, Damon, RJ.....

what a brotherhood...
smh.gif

i never uderstood this whole 'called out' thing.

it's not like he's lying either.

right now iggy does not look like a legit franchise player, its that simple.

im sure many felt this way but when someone says it out loud its a bad thing ?

I hate Gil as much as any other but Gil didn't even rip Iggy,

He was just telling the truth, Iggy isn't a number 1 option and he isn't the type to take over games. He also complimented him also by calling him aglue guy and compared him to Scottie Pippen. Unless Iggy actually does something to carry the team he should listen to Gilbert and sign that 12 mil contractbecause we don't want to sign a 50 + Mil contract extension to a role player

Y'all are taking this WAYYY out of context. If you read the full post, which I'm currently doing he speaks of other players as well. The onlyinteresting thing is that Iggy played at 'Zona, so Gil is probably more blunt towards him and he gets attention for talking about a fellow 'Zona player

Well, he isn't a number #1 option, Gil's right. If he has another star by him, he will be great, but he won't be able to lead a team.

If you read the whole article you would see that he wasn't taking a shot at Iggy as much as it sounded right here. He was saying that he doesn't have"it" to be a 12+ mil player.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Iggy will never be a true no 1 option on a winning team, hell never on a losing team. everything Gil said is true. If you lost respect for Arenas telling the truth then I don't know what to say.
and arenas is a number 1 true option?

Im just tired of Gilbert Arenas talked mess about everyone, but his team has yet to produse this year. He needs to blog about how garbage he and his team arethis year. Gilbert Arenas is the biggest hater in the league.

Back
Top Bottom