arie spears = ninjahood

lol Chicago rap has zero content its just sonically pleasing no diff then a no name ATL rapper. LA well K.Dot since he the only LA cat I know of right now, doesnt even sound like a Cali artist, he has that pure Organized Noise vibe imo.

lol Chicago rap has zero content its just sonically pleasing no diff then a no name ATL rapper. LA well K.Dot since he the only LA cat I know of right now, doesnt even sound like a Cali artist, he has that pure Organized Noise vibe imo.
umm common and twista from chicago...

One problem that alot of you have is that you try to pigeon hole rappers into these regional sounds that died years ago.

Ya'll think everything from New York is supposed to be boom bap.

Ya'll think everything from Atlanta is suppose to have heavy 808s.

Ya'll think everything from LA is supposed to sound like DJ Quik did it.

Someone of you dudes need to understand that it's the 21st century and those stereotypes don't reign true anymore.

One problem that alot of you have is that you try to pigeon hole rappers into these regional sounds that died years ago.

Someone of you dudes need to understand that it's the 21st century and those stereotypes don't reign true anymore.
umm yea it does, da identity of these places still permeate thru their music...accents, neighborhood references, styles, slang, etc.

thats what i used to LOVE about rap..thats kinda why outta all da south, i dig Houston..they got they own CULTURE..as a NY cat i love that

foreign vernacular...homogenization of rap ruins it, like its ruined personal style and fashion... as a New Yorker, i dont want OUR rappers to

pretend like they from other places..**** is wack, be who you are, because if you claimin a town, you better sound like you from there...

music overall is going to be relegated to a tool to sell something else.

ya didn't wanna uphold da standards to it, so no one values it anymore...

ehh w/e i stopped caring, you know why? i speak spanish, i can just listen to classic bachata, salsa, and merrengue..

ya cats are stuck with this mess
laugh.gif
Yes because black people are only regulated to listen to radio Hip Hop and have no other genre of music
thats current and represents ya? good luck on that

laugh.gif

*plays Romeo Santos*
 There are tons of artists out there who don't have a lot of shine who are representing different facets of black america.
like who

umm yea it does, da identity of these places still permeate thru their music...accents, neighborhood references, styles, slang, etc.

thats what i used to LOVE about rap..thats kinda why outta all da south, i dig Houston..they got they own CULTURE..as a NY cat i love that

foreign vernacular...homogenization of rap ruins it, like its ruined personal style and fashion... as a New Yorker, i dont want OUR rappers to

pretend like they from other places..**** is wack, be who you are, because if you claimin a town, you better sound like you from there...
This. 

I never said **** about pretending to be from other places.

You're clearly undervaluing the effect the internet has had on regional cultures. The lines between being influenced by what you online and what you see when you step outside have been blurred. That's a fact. You or I may not like it but that's the case.

So Rap music is the only music that represents black ppl now? I agree that music in general has gone downhill, but as we've seen what happened after the disco era, innovation has to occur this leading us to our next golden era of music. Its bound to happen sooner or later

chicago has

lupe kanye common. thats enough content to teach about 2 decades of quality hip hop kid. dont ever diss my city

ehh w/e i stopped caring, you know why? i speak spanish, i can just listen to classic bachata, salsa, and merrengue..

ya cats are stuck with this mess :lol:

Yes because black people are only regulated to listen to radio Hip Hop and have no other genre of music

:lol:

*plays Romeo Santos*
 There are tons of artists out there who don't have a lot of shine who are representing different facets of black america.

like who​

Childish Gambino, Chance the Rapper, Big K.R.I.T, Cassey Veggies, Dom, Nipsey, Joey Badass, Ab - Soul, Spitta, Smoke Dza

All of them have messages that can be seen in any part of black america, except for maybe people who were born wealthy. None of them get radio play and none of them fall into that cookie cutter trap rap on the radio.

These artists can represent for many blacks out there. Wether you're a kid in alabama who only knows about country **** and rims, or a kid in a major city who just wants to chill with his friends and enjoy life, or a kid who is in a gang but really doesn't want to be a part of that life, or a kid who grew up poor went to college and you're starting to become successful and juggling what it means to be hood and corporate. There is a voice out there for everyone. As long as you have the internet there is a voice for you and to say there is no voice just because of the trash on the radio is absurd.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

*plays Romeo Santos*
like who​
Childish Gambino, Chance the Rapper, Big K.R.I.T, Cassey Veggies, Dom, Nipsey, Joey Badass, Ab - Soul, Spitta, Smoke Dza
roll.gif

All of these dudes are very popular as far as the internet . . . a lot of em could be bigger stars but choose otherwise (Dom, Nipsey, Currensy)

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

*plays Romeo Santos*
*plays Beres Hammond, Machel Montano, Vybz Kartel, Luciano*

West Indies we out here!

So Rap music is the only music that represents black ppl now? I agree that music in general has gone downhill, but as we've seen what happened after the disco era, innovation has to occur this leading us to our next golden era of music. Its bound to happen sooner or later
Well house music came directly out of disco in the 80s in chicago but most black americans got lured to the hip hop sound.

So it floundered here for a while and gained popularity in Europe.

Stop it your making too much sense + rep.

It's 2013 man i'm a 90's baby I grew up on 90's rap only artist I listened to as a kid that wasn't from NY was Bone thugs and that's only cause my older cousin played them . Everything that was on TV and the radio were East Coast artist. Hip Hop has changed since the early 2000's all that region **** is dead 14 and 15 year olds don't know **** about east coast west coast beef , the south getting blackballed on NY radio, etc. it's a new day and age man.

Last edited:

ya cats are stuck with this mess :lol:

:lol:

*plays Romeo Santos*
like who​

:rofl:

All of these dudes are very popular as far as the internet . . . a lot of em could be bigger stars but choose otherwise (Dom, Nipsey, Currensy)​

What's funny about that? Outside of the internet and blogs are any of the rappers i mentioned getting shine. KRIT has had one song on the radio, I've heard spitta on the radio once. None of them are getting a ton of shine. Popularity on the internet doesn't equal household name. Go up to your average 16 year old kid and ask them who any of these artists are and they will have no clue. This artists are dope to us not every single person in the world.

Perfect example I taught high school kids and one day we got on the subject of rappers. I said Spitta was one of my top 5. One of my girl students said she didn't like spitta cause he was too gangsta. Spitta and gangsta don't go anywhere near the same sentence. Just because we know who they are doesn't mean everyone else does.

lol, you know some cats on here don't listen to music outside of hip hop when they say hip hop is the only place where black musicians can represent black America lel

lol, you know some cats on here don't listen to music outside of hip hop when they say hip hop is the only place where black musicians can represent black America lel

Oh you didn't know that Rap music is the only music that reflects black people's feelings.  If you wanna know a black persons feelings, just listen to a rap song.

Not SRS

i honestly can't believe that some of y'all are grown the way y'all still entertain ninjahood's opinions.

i respect the hell out of him because he sticks to his guns, but y'all just be going in circles w/ this man knowing how he thinks. :lol:

go right ahead though.

i honestly can't believe that some of y'all are grown the way y'all still entertain ninjahood's opinions.

i respect the hell out of him because he sticks to his guns, but y'all just be going in circles w/ this man knowing how he thinks.
laugh.gif

go right ahead though.
It makes for good entertainment. We all know his opinions are out of touch with the real world, but its just funny

It makes for good entertainment. We all know his opinions are out of touch with the real world, but its just funny

you ain't lyin...GREAT entertainment.

it just seem like some of people be legit irritated and trying to prove their point when Ninjahood is NEVER going to say "yeah...you right...you got me."

and the criticism from the rest of the community isn't gonna make him ditch the thread either. he gone keep em coming.

maaaaan s/o to Ninja bro :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom