Arm Sleeves....why does EVERYONE wear one now?? Vol. wanna be like AI

Yo, Im watchin the Celts and the LeBrons, er I mean Cavs on ESPN and It reminded me of somthing that I continuously wonder about. Why in the world it seemslike EVERY player is wearin an arm sleeve. Back When AI started wearin his religiously, it became the style and the 'thing' in the NBA but Answer worehis cause of an elbow injury and cause the league mandated that he cover up some of his Tats. Now every player is wearin one!!!. Yo ive been told, thatplayers usually have to wear them cause of the elbow injury/ keeping their elbow tight/comfortability or cause of their Tats, but come on, not everyone needsone.....whats yalls take on them and does anyone beside me think their outplayed??

they look dumb as hell

anybody notice the leg sleevs are down?

the one's tmac used to wear religously

A.I. is the ultimate trendsetter
pimp.gif

go slide on some hardwood and tell me how it feel and you will have your answer

Originally Posted by CasperJr

if thats the case then they'd wear one on each arm...whats the logic of protecting one arm from sliding without the otha....

Sliding on hardwood isn't that bad and even if it was, how often do you hit the deck sliding? It isn't like sliding on turf
sick.gif

Originally Posted by proph515

Yo, Im watchin the Celts and the LeBrons, er I mean Cavs on ESPN and It reminded me of somthing that I continuously wonder about. Why in the world it seems like EVERY player is wearin an arm sleeve. Back When AI started wearin his religiously, it became the style and the 'thing' in the NBA but Answer wore his cause of an elbow injury and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]cause the league mandated that he cover up some of his Tats[/color]. Now every player is wearin one!!!. Yo ive been told, that players usually have to wear them cause of the elbow injury/ keeping their elbow tight/comfortability or cause of their Tats, but come on, not everyone needs one.....whats yalls take on them and does anyone beside me think their outplayed??
No they didnt. If they did post proof...

if thats the case then they'd wear one on each arm...whats the logic of protecting one arm from sliding without the otha....
cuz when you diving for the ball you not diving on some superman #*!+ with both arms out its almost always just one arm thats going for the ball

Originally Posted by TheSouthside

Yo, Im watchin the Celts and the LeBrons, er I mean Cavs on ESPN and It reminded me of somthing that I continuously wonder about. Why in the world it seems like EVERY player is wearin an arm sleeve. Back When AI started wearin his religiously, it became the style and the 'thing' in the NBA but Answer wore his cause of an elbow injury and [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]cause the league mandated that he cover up some of his Tats[/color]. Now every player is wearin one!!!. Yo ive been told, that players usually have to wear them cause of the elbow injury/ keeping their elbow tight/comfortability or cause of their Tats, but come on, not everyone needs one.....whats yalls take on them and does anyone beside me think their outplayed??

Mah bad, should have stated that someone told me that...actually, I think it was someone from NT back in the day lol

never happened, im sick of people posting that. The league never did that and never will.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

never happened, im sick of people posting that. The league never did that and never will.
Yeah i've gotten into arguments over that before.

I remember right before he started wearing it he did a SI cover and there was a picture where you could see his arm clearly and there was nothing that couldvebeen considered offensive. I remember from Day 1 them just saying it was a compression sleeve, not he probably doesn't need it.

I crack up when I see people at open gym wearing them

I've heard that "tattoo cover up" rumor a bunch of times regarding Iverson & the sleeve as well. Pretty sure he started wearing it because ofhis surgically repaired elbow & not to cover any tattoo(s) up.

ai set every damn trend in the NBA ... i mean hell, stern out in a dress code cuz he couldnt stand his pinwheels anymore lol

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

they look dumb as hell

anybody notice the leg sleevs are down?

the one's tmac used to wear religously
i want one of those leg sleeves, anyone know where to get those?

pro athletes use things like this to distinguish themselves visually from the pack thus possibly increasing their marketability.

casual athletes use them to look 'cool'.

when tights were still allowed the nike forum was overrun with people looking for nike tights saying that they legitimately needed them for their 'bumknee'

now that they're disallowed, and not adorned by peoples favourite players, i havent heard even one person ask for them in over a year. not a peep.

same would happen with compression sleeves.

Back
Top Bottom