Arm Sleeves....why does EVERYONE wear one now?? Vol. wanna be like AI

Originally Posted by CasperJr

go slide on some hardwood and tell me how it feel and you will have your answer

If you're sweating enough, it's not that bad.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

go slide on some hardwood and tell me how it feel and you will have your answer

this is the ridiculous reasoning of someone who obviously wears one for no reason.

people who wear a sleeve always try to think of a legitimate reason to tell people about why they wear it.

if it was for 'slide protection' players wouldnt only wear one. there is no such thing as a 'favoured loose ball sliding arm'.

also according to this logic the players should wear full body protection and a helmet.

6ovmhw5.jpg

I think in the future NBA uni's will be like a one piece jumpsuit, sorta like what a wrastler (sp?) would wear.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

they look dumb as hell

anybody notice the leg sleevs are down?

the one's tmac used to wear religously
i want one of those leg sleeves, anyone know where to get those?
just google shin compression sleeve. I used to wear one when I ran b/c I used to get mmmmean shin splints. It worked pretty well

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

pro athletes use things like this to distinguish themselves visually from the pack thus possibly increasing their marketability.

casual athletes use them to look 'cool'.

when tights were still allowed the nike forum was overrun with people looking for nike tights saying that they legitimately needed them for their 'bum knee'

now that they're disallowed, and not adorned by peoples favourite players, i havent heard even one person ask for them in over a year. not a peep.

same would happen with compression sleeves.
QFT (even though you are a ku fan)
laugh.gif

Me and my pops were just watching the end of the ku game and my Dad asked what was wrong with Sherron Collins arm. I immediately thought of this thread. Thesethings are pointless.

Do you realize how much basketball these guys have to play? It's their JOB.

Think about how many times they have to shoot a basketball.

It's a compression sleeve and helps to prevent and help to recover from injuries in the elbow and forearm (similar to tennis elbow). Guys who wear it inthe gym or on the playground probably do it for style, guys in the NBA or those who play college ball wear it for legit reasons. I've tried one on and feellike it takes some time to get used to, so unless you REALLY need to make sure you don't develop a chronic injury or are recovering from an injury, youreally don't need to be wearing it.

But guys in the NBA i feel get a pass. Anything that can help you stay healthy... go for it. I really don't care how it looks. I was against the banning ofthe tights they were sporting a few seasons ago. There is a legitimate reason to wear them. It's not like it was a top hat or scarf that serves nopractical purpose...

Originally Posted by ZoomJay25

Do you realize how much basketball these guys have to play? It's their JOB.

Think about how many times they have to shoot a basketball.

It's a compression sleeve and helps to prevent and help to recover from injuries in the elbow and forearm (similar to tennis elbow). Guys who wear it in the gym or on the playground probably do it for style, guys in the NBA or those who play college ball wear it for legit reasons. I've tried one on and feel like it takes some time to get used to, so unless you REALLY need to make sure you don't develop a chronic injury or are recovering from an injury, you really don't need to be wearing it.

But guys in the NBA i feel get a pass. Anything that can help you stay healthy... go for it. I really don't care how it looks. I was against the banning of the tights they were sporting a few seasons ago. There is a legitimate reason to wear them. It's not like it was a top hat or scarf that serves no practical purpose...

no.

it's not like 15 years ago there was no gear similar to this and then suddenly they developed the technology.

knee braces, and elbow pads were there before, but then they were only worn by the players who needed them.

then the compression sleve comes along and suddenly 40% of the nba 'needs' them
eyes.gif

no.

it's not like 15 years ago there was no gear similar to this and then suddenly they developed the technology.

knee braces, and elbow pads were there before, but then they were only worn by the players who needed them.

then the compression sleve comes along and suddenly 40% of the nba 'needs' them
eyes.gif
Compression sleeves and elbow pads are completely different. Elbow pads are for impact protection. Compression sleeves are to keep the musclesconfined and in a tight and warm position to decrease straining and lactic acid build up which can lead to injuries over a prolonged period.

There have been a lot of innovations with compression sleeves and braces. My father is a prosthetic and orthopedic technician and deals will all kinds ofdifferent chronic injuries from scoliosis to amputated limbs and has an entire catalog filled with various types of braces, sleeves, cushions, and pads thatall have a VERY real and practical purpose. Some are made with varying degrees of compression, combinations of padding and compression, as well as correctivestructuring to help with rehab. Trust me, what the NBA guys are wearing these days are not the same stuff that you get in the sporting good store to wear onthe playgrounds once a week.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Tell me why I saw a dude wearing one working in a grocery store
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I've seen that too but it was actually a busboy at arestaurant

I know why Ray Allen wears his, he claims during the Celts/Pistons series last year that Rip kept scratching him with his long nails so he used it as a shield
laugh.gif

while we're on the topic, why do certain players wear it on their shooting arm, while others wear it on their off arm???????? I mean there should be astandard reason to use it.....

What's this thread without pictures?

detcle_061221_009.jpg

lakers21tlpr_400.jpg

340x.jpg

Gerald_Wallace2.jpg

108598.jpg

cece2cc819edcbaee1ee16e74f355bac.jpg

drew-gooden1.jpg

Carmelo_Anthony_58041808010200.gif

bilde

cj_watson.jpg

capt_1a6439a8407949f3bff0f396730ec721_grizzlies_rockets_basketball_htr109.jpg

danny-granger-nc-aiwirepix267778-nba-game-2009.jpg

610x.jpg

oj-mayo.p1.jpg

p1.wade.jpg

610x.jpg

mccants.jpg
laugh.gif

vince-carter.jpg

610x.jpg

jeff-green-122a.jpg

dwight-howard-2-nc-iconphotostwo176638-760-warriors-v.jpg

8fed771f7f45a90a8d7407136a0ec307-getty-83005084jg007_pacers_sixers.jpg

amare.jpg

84731011.jpg

85168765.jpg

capt.ba317f309a364b2d921991f3a4734a31.kings_mavericks_basketball_dna201.jpg

l_hughes.jpg
laugh.gif

Almost got a player from every team, got lazy at the end.

Shooting arm, stress off elbow. Between practice, warm up and game time, that's a lot of stress on your elbow through the week. They probably put up moreshots in week, than a gym dude put up in a month. Off elbow, it's probably just for style or maybe not. It's basketball; you're shooting, dunking,fighting through screens n @%@$ all day, it don't take make to strain either arm.

I remember reading that A.I. wore it cause he had tendinitis in his elbow. Ray Allen wore it cause people would claw his arms when he would run around screens.

Back
Top Bottom