Artest's playground story confirmed

eek.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/15/nyregion/player-dies-in-stabbing-at-basketball-game.html
[table][tr][td]Quote:[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Player Dies in Stabbing at Basketball Game
AP
Published: Monday, April 15, 1991

A 19-year-old basketball player from Queens was fatally stabbed with a broken-off table leg today after a fight broke out during a basketball tournament, the police said.

The player, Lloyd Newton, was stabbed in the back with a leg from the scorer's table at the championship game of a Y.M.C.A.-sponsored tournament at the Niagara Falls Boys and Girls Club, the police in Niagara Falls said.

"An argument ensued about the score," Capt. Louis Curcione said, adding that one of the teams "thought they were getting gypped."

"A fight broke out between the players and about 40 fans in the stands," he said. "In the course of the fight, one person was stabbed in the back."

Mr. Newton was taken to the Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Brian C. Young, 16, of Niagara Falls, has been charged with second-degree murder. He was being held at the Niagara Falls jail pending his arraignment in city court today.[/td] [/tr][/table]

I didn't think he necessarily said where it happened...but the person who died was from Queens...so maybe that's the association.

honestly.. i believed him....

stranger things have happened....

*i am from NYC, what can i say*

artest told this story last night in the locker room saying he doesnt wanna fight that hes been through that stage in his career...

Those wondering what Artest said, didn't see his post game interview(s)?

He was being asked about the ejection, Kobe's elbow, etc...he then went into detail about how he plays by the rules, he's learned not to be overphysical (though acknowledged that took some time) and cited the story you see posted about his friend who was killed on the court during a game.

I'm paraphrasing, but his interviews last night were solid.

Originally Posted by alcapone

Why he gonna lie?

Nobody gonna question him.

I didn't think he lied, I'm from queens I've seen and heard crazy stuff happen over basketball.... But Ithought he was exaggerating with the chair leg being the weapon and going through his heart.

It's just an odd way to die.

Artest never seemed like a dude that would make up stuff, for the record he said his friend from Queens died but he never said he was @ the game when ithappened.

Stupid NBA.com won't put up the Artest interview(s). I need to see this!

Artest
pimp.gif

Tru Warier!!!
pimp.gif
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom