Article Could LeBron James be an NFL Star?

Joined Jan 3, 2004
Never seen a 6'8 guy run a 40 with that kind of athleticism but i would expect it to be much faster than 4.92 for LeBron...

Joined Jan 29, 2007
I dont need a damn article to tell me lebron has the athleticism to play football.

Joined Nov 21, 2006
Originally Posted by BangDak

I dont need a damn article to tell me lebron has the athleticism to play football.
NFL "Star"...... of course he could play but at a Star level?

Joined Jul 23, 2007
Lebron is straight line fast. he has no wiggle
his hips are extremely tight and stiff

when was the 1st and last time u have ever seen Lebron shake a defender? seriously?

in the NFL u rarely run in a straight line fpor more than 10 yards.

when was the last time a player 6'9 had some success in the NFL?
its a low mans game. and 6'9 is a lot of area to hit or jam

Lebron would find little success in the NFL

yeeupp

Banned
Joined Sep 3, 2009
Heard he was on the All team in Ohio, he would be very good, i'm almost sure of that

Joined Jan 14, 2007
Originally Posted by jdizzle75

You still have to have the ability to catch the ball.
eye-hand coordination and good hands.

Im pretty sure he has both, no mo.

He'd be a good route runner with the ability to go up for the ball. But probably wouldn't have the ground work/shakes to be considered a "star"

Joined Sep 20, 2006
Where that dude get those times from? 4.9 40?
I know a lot of people on here are always gassing up their 40s, but there's NO WAY Bron runs a 4.9.

Joined Jan 1, 2007
Vertical Leap (from standing position)LeBron James: 44 inchesCalvin Johnson: 48 inchesThe presumption is that NBA players can jumphigher than NFL players. To some degree that is true. However, thereare DBs and WRs who can indeed jump higher than LeBron and otherbasketball players. The ability to go up and tenaciously snatch theball at its highest point is critical for a receiver.
never mind that you pointed out lebron's height difference two paragraphs ago, a 6'8" guy who can jump through the roof is definitely going to have problems getting over these 6' corners.

Comparing the two would be like: Saying a soccer player can kick field goals

LeBron quit football after his sophomore season due to a wrist injuryhe suffered in a game (wow what a tough guy…imagine what’ll happen ifBob Sanders were to get a shot at him).
if bob sanders could get on the field for more than 5 minutes.

And what many don’t seem to realize is that LeBron is way behind thelearning curve. What every other NFL player learned about the game incollege…he did not.
see: gates, antonio.

the entire article is quotes like that, the kid doesn't know what he's talking about.  i'm not saying lebron would be a sure thing, but this is a joke.

Joined Nov 20, 2003

He was an All-State WR his Sophomore year of HS and helped lead the team to the state finals, and i'm pretty sure he was recruited to play football by some colleges.

Joined Jul 9, 2007
^ are you tryng to say hes slower than that? Cuz if so your outa ur mind. Dude probably runs a 4.6 easy, if not much much faster.

Joined Dec 16, 2007
why would lebron become a nfl player with a non guaranteed contract when he can make twice as much as a nba players max contract, stupid

Joined Feb 21, 2005
Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

why would lebron become a nfl player with a non guaranteed contract when he can make twice as much as a nba players max contract, stupid
Lockout Season?

MVP

Joined Feb 28, 2008
Couldn't the NFL have a lockout in the same season as the NBA does though?

Joined Jun 2, 2007
Originally Posted by bjm5295

He was an All-State WR his Sophomore year of HS and helped lead the team to the state finals, and i'm pretty sure he was recruited to play football by some colleges.
He was, it was by the best colleges in the nation at the time too.
Ohio St. Miami and i think even USC. Those are the ones i can remember but there were many more colleges recruiting him that were as big as those colleges i just named.
Lebron can catch the ball, but it would take some getting used to getting hit in the process. NBA is a wussy league, and it's made him one himself.

Top Bottom