Artificial Noisemakers...yay or nay?? vol. drum??

after watching the orlando/cavs game i saw people with DRUMS, thunder sticks, some paddle thing.....

i think the fans should only use their voices...i think its bush league actually

when the rays had bells last year i thought that was terrible...

also the nba needs to look into this in orlando....i mean they had flags goin too...a fan doesnt bring a flag to an nba game!

what do u think nt???

the only time i think its acceptable is at college basketball/football games when cowbells are used
laugh.gif

I hate those thunder stick things more than anything in the world...

The plastic clappers take a close second, though...

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

it's called home court advantage.

this aint just about lebron but the fans should do their part and scream...there was a guy sitting under the basket wit a DRUM...

i just think the fans souldnt need such instruments...i mean what is the line.

the next game i go to can i bring a trumpet??

All of that fan stuff is just about letting them get their money's worth.

The NBA sells the game as entertainment first, sport second.

The thunder stick things are the worst fan giveaway ever.

People clap them for all 48 mins.

What happened to yelling, clapping, and waving arms? Why was that not good enough?

Drums, flags, thundersticks, the little towels all 18,000 people whirl around like they're getting it done, the clackers, etc.... all ridiculous.

thank you...and please tell me that those fans all brought the same flag to the game adn they all were sitting behind the basket....that doesnt seem right

real fans cheer wit out any of that nonsense

Originally Posted by agold1002

thank you...and please tell me that those fans all brought the same flag to the game adn they all were sitting behind the basket....that doesnt seem right

real fans cheer wit out any of that nonsense

you can still be creative though, as long as your not crossing the line saying offensive stuff about the player or their families and as long as your notthrowing stuff on the court whatever goes goes.

i do see where your comming from though but having a loud home court advantage can go a long way

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

it's called home court advantage.

this aint just about lebron but the fans should do their part and scream...there was a guy sitting under the basket wit a DRUM...

i just think the fans souldnt need such instruments...i mean what is the line.

the next game i go to can i bring a trumpet??
All is fair man. Have you ever been to a soccer game? They have drum lines lol.

An opponent's place should be a hostile environment. These instruments aren't putting these players in any physical danger. If they're mentallyfragile, so be it. Make your shots and shut the crowd up. Otherwise, suck it up. The NBA's already soft. Let's not make it even softer.

i agree with most of you im just think its a little excessive what teh magic fans are doing.....are lakers fans given thunder stikcs???

the fans should make a hostile enviorment not the giveaways......

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Cavs fan?

yep....no excuse here for the loss and nothing directly at magic fans just they took it a little over the top along wit the rays

brewer-Rays-cowbell-baseball-175eng23oct08.jpg

having 40,000+ ringing bells is unsportsmanlike to me

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

agold1002 wrote:

The Yes Guy wrote:

Cavs fan?

yep....

Oh nevermind I was gonna sympathize with you but your just mad
laugh.gif

i am 100% honestly no making this thread out of anger for the loss.....i just think that NOISEMAKERS in general are not good in sports.....

i stand up and yell...

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Cavs fan?

yep....no excuse here for the loss and nothing directly at magic fans just they took it a little over the top along wit the rays

brewer-Rays-cowbell-baseball-175eng23oct08.jpg

having 40,000+ ringing bells is unsportsmanlike to me
Rays needed those bells because they didn't have enough fans to make noise and cheer.

Back
Top Bottom