AS OG collectors do we want?

AS OG collectors do we want retros to keep coming out? For instance I have a complete Ds collection of nothing but OG 13s but in the X/XIII pack the black toes are going to release so my my question Is will the value of my OGs go down because the pack is releasing and they can get brand new retros for half the price OGS are going for or doesn't it matter. Thanks in advance

True OG collectors should appreciate Retro's done right. It allows you to relive the times had in those shoes all the while keeping what was once sacred in brand new condition. I had OG XIIs when the retro was about to come out and nothing made me happier than copping the retro's and wearing them to the ground as if it was '96 and I was in 4th grade all over again. I find it repulsive when Retro's of Og's are released and they arent true to form. I'm not asking for even the same box the OG's came in...all I ask is for simple things like getting the shape of the IV's right so when I open up the box they dont look like bananas, or Nike Air on the back (Oh how odd that they can do a collabo Air Force 1/Jordan 12 shoe but cant put the damn logo where it was on the originals), or even give me the original height of the 1's instead of the Mid almost low version we get today.....as an OG Sneakerfiend I would like to see Retro's of Originals that are true to heir predecesor.
TEAMNEWYORKMETS XTEAM HEATXNEW YORKJETS

FS: DEADSTOCK AND VNDS NIKES AND AIR JORDANS

Value will go down. People don't think it will, but the value always decreases.
5 years on Niketalk. I know more than you.

I'm not saying I collect for money I've never sold a pair of my jordans and I probabley never will. I hust wanted a little feedback on the situation and even thou I never will sell my jordans I I still like to know that the they're worth more than a retro and that there not being over looked buy a retro

^^if you truly like the shoe, or are a true sneakerhead, monetary value of a sneaker should be irelevant
"2002/2003 - The Last Year Brand Jordan actually used "real leather" on their products."-BabyJordan0312​

Team Disgruntled​

People want originals for "individuality". That's cool, but once they're retrod, prices always decreases for originals. Don't you guys learn this stuff in economics?!

value of the OGs will go down, basic supply and demand theory

i remember seeing DS OG aqua VIIIs 3 days before the retroes came out at a BIN of $350 haha
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Well not really, the prices of the og will still be in the 200-300 range depending which J it is.

i have 11 pairs of ds og's and i hate it when i see them retroed but og will allways kill the retro
4 sale ds retro xi's size 13 black/red

Who cares about value? If thats what your worried about and thats why you buy them is for value or future value then you should invest in something other than footwear that would actually have the possibility of making some real money.
Wanted sz 11/11.5...Retro I blkred...Retro III Blk-Cmt...99 Retro IV Blk-Cmt or Wht-Blk...00 Retro V Blk-Mtslvr or Wht-fire...Retro VI Infrared
Retro IX Wht-blk-
truered...OG VII Bordeaux...OG IX charcoal...OG VIII Blk-Blk-truered

Quote:
why do you collect for value? smh.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
Cassell-Mobley-Maggette-T.Thomas-Kaman-Ross-Knight-Patterson-Powell-Thornton-G.Diaz-P.Davis-A.Williams
OJ MAYO
10.28.07 FIGHT ON!!!

Listen guy's put a pair of DS OG's on ebay and see. Look at flight club prices and other resellers. How much would a pair of OG XI go for? The market is whatever someone is willing to pay 400 is my limit. With everthing only time will tell. :D
happy.gif

Duval County
RIP SSG Jeffery Walker
RIP Charles A. Smith
RIP SPC James Lee Adair

400 is my limit as well.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
Cassell-Mobley-Maggette-T.Thomas-Kaman-Ross-Knight-Patterson-Powell-Thornton-G.Diaz-P.Davis-A.Williams
OJ MAYO
10.28.07 FIGHT ON!!!

haaayyy another NT'r claims to be a collector..how can you be a collector if you care about the value of the shoe?!...as for me i dont care about a future value of a shoe...i mean why should it even matter...i buy MJ kicks cause i love the man...love for what he did for the NBA,and what he did for me and as so many other real collectors...i score J's for the love not the hype...you should start doing that to jajuan41 :smh:
smh.gif
Team Philippines
In Pacquiao We Trust​

Ha ha look bruh like I said before I don't collect for the money and this was just a thought don't take it so personal...and at any time if you want to compare collections we can see who the real collector is ok GOATmj

^^ Then you shouldn't care about your OG's going down in value, OG's will be forever OG's, a retro will not take anything away from that. An as a collector, you should know that.

TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​

OUT OF ALL THE OG'S I HOPE THEY DONT EVER RETRO THESE...

255568541.jpg

232909794.jpg
$$$$$$ I BUY J'S WHEN I WANT...HOW MANY I WANT $$$$$$
I BEEN TYPING LIKE THIS SINCE DAY ONE...

Keep em coming, buy what u like.....
--TEAM STOP SNITCHIN--OG MEMBER #1--

I gotta shoe fettish I be in shoe city every week fifty pairs of new nike airs aint cheap..

I like them coming out - you can't wear a lot of the older original shoes without them falling apart

Personally I think it's great because would I rather spend $400 on a pair of shoes that have a good chance of falling apart or $125 on a pair that I KNOW I can wear??? I guess that's just me because I WEAR my shoes not COLLECT them!!!!
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

yours will still be worth alot....retros will probably get hyped, but like every other retro, people will complain about quality....value might drop at first, but will come back.

Back
Top Bottom