Asian Culture Discussion Thread

It's not even safe now. Teeny boppers from HS come through for boba right after school between 3-6 PM.

Oh, that crowd is definitely there 24/7. When I visit my parents and crave some boba at night, I'll go to the local spot; it's like a damn club for underage kids there. Tons of dudes with their 300K miles BMWs/G35s and girls with their fake Louis bags trying to stunt on each other :lol: I just wait outside until my drink is ready.

Oh, that crowd is definitely there 24/7. When I visit my parents and crave some boba at night, I'll go to the local spot; it's like a damn club for underage kids there. Tons of dudes with their 300K miles BMWs/G35s and girls with their fake Louis bags trying to stunt on each other :lol:

pekoe in essj on weekends

All material things can't replace relationships and family.

FACTS. People place so much value on materialistic things to try and achieve some type of social status and I blame the majority of that to social media platforms including YouTube. I'm not gonna hate on how young teenagers and adults spend their money, but they will eventually ask themselves "Why did I spend so much money on ___?", "What did I gain from having it?", "What did it do for me?"

I was in the Bay for vacation and the Asian girls are baaaaaad :pimp:

East coast Asian girls are definitely inferior

Thank you, we try. #CaliAzns

did you hang out at verde tea or the quickly's next to marina? :nerd:

This is a trick question. Verde Tea is closed. I mess with Quickly's because it's more OG.

pekoe in essj on weekends

Pekoe is where the squad goes to hang out. I lived around the corner before it got poppin' and now, I can't even drive by without getting anxious looking at the line.

This is a trick question. Verde Tea is closed. I mess with Quickly's because it's more OG.

damn they closed again?

i use to kick it there when they use to be across the street next to the apartments and when they moved into that plaza.

How you know we're not into milfs?

Plus, asian women dont age til they're 60.

My avatar looks pretty close to me so you're going to have take that at face value. :nerd:

But seriously, truth on the Asian women don't age until 60 stuff. My mom is 63 years old and we'll be all walking together as a family unit but people will congratulate her on all the cute small kids/babies. :rolleyes

damn they closed again?

i use to kick it there when they use to be across the street next to the apartments and when they moved into that plaza.

My bad, I forgot they moved locations and not just closed. The first one next to Marina closed but the new(ish) location is still open.

I think I missed the majority of this "AFB/ABG" phase. In middle school all my friends were on that Viet gang life (while also going home to well off parents who were engineers, doctors, etc.). Then I went to extra white high school and university, and when I came back, the gang life was out of style, and the ABG/AFB phase was just getting popular. I matured by the time it completely took off and deleted everyone :lol:

I still have the customary Japanese irezumi arm sleeve tattoo that damn near EVERY 25+ Asian dude that grew up in ESSJ has :lol: I cover it almost 24/7 these days though.

Last edited:
I hope you're not talking to me. I learned my lesson about my decisions. It's all fake. All material thing can't replace relationships and family. As I mentioned, I retired because I grew up. I didn't what to be tossed aside for when someone better and younger comes around./QUOTE]

I may look like one in real life, but that's my nice car, my nice bag, my nice job, and my man is my accessory, not the other way around. I went and got myself an APA and retired from that scene. :lol:

Im talking to you. How are you gonna talk about materialistic things are fake yet you write something like that.

FACTS. People place so much value on materialistic things to try and achieve some type of social status and I blame the majority of that to social media platforms including YouTube. I'm not gonna hate on how young teenagers and adults spend their money, but they will eventually ask themselves "Why did I spend so much money on ___?", "What did I gain from having it?", "What did it do for me?"

This existed before social media, it's now just widespread. I learned when I realized that I lost the majority of my material items and I had nothing to show for myself. I decided to go to college and peruse a career instead. Invest in your future, not material junk.

Im talking to you. How are you gonna talk about materialistic things are fake yet you write something like that.

If you read it again, that was the life I had previously. Am I not allowed to learn and grow from my mistakes? That was my OLD thinking, and now, as an adult, I admit it was wrong. Don't punish someone for admitting a mistake and learning from it. Judgement is cool when you're perfect, right?

I still have the customary Japanese irezumi arm sleeve tattoo that damn near EVERY 25+ Asian dude that grew up in ESSJ has :lol: I cover it almost 24/7 these days though.

Don't worry, I'm tatted up too. I was smart enough to put it in a place that I can cover all the time. I don't regret the tattoo, I just cover it up so I don't scare little kids. LOL!!

Reactions: Ube
If you read it again, that was the life I had previously. Am I not allowed to learn and grow from my mistakes? That was my OLD thinking, and now, as an adult, I admit it was wrong. Don't punish someone for admitting a mistake and learning from it. Judgement is cool when you're perfect, right?

Im not a grammar nazi but they way you typed it sounded like you were talking about the present.

Me, I consider myself a retired ABOG, I may have looked like one in real life, but that's was my nice car, my nice bag, my nice job, and my man was my accessory, not the other way around. I went and got myself an APA and retired from that scene.

Now that sounds better.

Im not a grammar nazi but they way you typed it sounded like you were talking about the present.

Now that sounds better.

Sure, I accept that I could've worded that better but it doesn't lessen the truth: I was one, but I'm not anymore. Don't be quick to judge, friend.

They just hired an Asian-American woman (Cathy Yan) to direct Harley Quinn. An Asian-American man (James Wan) is directing Aquaman.

Pretty cool.

How to wife an ABG

27972951_10156144238547938_5798329880433518920_n.jpg

Sure, I accept that I could've worded that better but it doesn't lessen the truth: I was one, but I'm not anymore. Don't be quick to judge, friend.

:lol: With a sentence like that, how could I not judge? Either way, what you wrote was different than what you meant. There was a misunderstanding between us. Let's leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom