Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I hate AYCE options for ruining my life (except on special occasions). Most of the spots near me offer $20 for regular dish prices but $24-$30 for all you can eat. I always end up telling myself "What's the point of getting one dish for $20 when I can get ten for $24?" and then 2 hours later I'm in a food coma for the rest of the day (and damn near killing myself on the treadmill the day after)

Someone recommended that I try out Ahgassi Gopchang when I went to LA. I didn't end up trying it out but it had pretty good reviews from what I remember. I don't think it's AYCE though.

I did go to Gen KBBQ in Cerritos which was ite. Great service though.

AYCE got the gas station meats though
Get that real quality meats
:lol: :smh: :lol:

Fam, I'm trying to not break the bank :lol: . I like to eat just one meal for the whole day whenever I do AYCE :lol: .
Real **** though I'm gonna go check that spot out then hopefully this Sunday.
When you guys go what's your bill looking like and how many plates you guys ordering?

Since we're on the topic of food. :lol:

What are some hidden gems in SoCal (inexpensive, good, hole in the wall)? doesn't matter what type of food

Sapp Coffee Shop is awesome if you're into Thai.

:lol: :smh: :lol:

Fam, I'm trying to not break the bank :lol: . I like to eat just one meal for the whole day whenever I do AYCE :lol: .
Real **** though I'm gonna go check that spot out then hopefully this Sunday.
When you guys go what's your bill looking like and how many plates you guys ordering?

Depends on how many you go with and how they eat.

They have pork (which is cheaper) or beef sets in small and large.

Small can definitely feed 2 people and IIRC it's like $60. Large sets are ~$100.

Since we're on the topic of food. :lol:

What are some hidden gems in SoCal (inexpensive, good, hole in the wall)? doesn't matter what type of food

Sapp Coffee Shop is awesome if you're into Thai.
Not a hole in the wall but Golden Deli is dope

Banh Mi My Tho is a hole in the wall with great banh mi

if you dont care too much about quality :lol: hit up Gardena theres a bunch of AYCE KBBQ spots for under $20

Gen is ok, it get too loud in there though I feel like im in a damn nightclub #washed

Reactions: Ube
Depends on how many you go with and how they eat.

They have pork (which is cheaper) or beef sets in small and large.

Small can definitely feed 2 people and IIRC it's like $60. Large sets are ~$100.
oh I see. Okay I was thinking it was like per plate cost x amount. $60 for a small seems aight. Hope I can make it Sunday then.

if you dont care too much about quality :lol: hit up Gardena theres a bunch of AYCE KBBQ spots for under $20

Gen is ok, it get too loud in there though I feel like im in a damn nightclub #washed
there was 1 spot I went to out there. I just don't remember the name of it but it was definitely legit and it was AYCE. :smokin

Had dinner at a Vietnamese spot with a fellow Vietnamese homie
We bonded over:

- Growing up with both Vietnamese + American cultures (and the clashing of both)
- What our parents beat us with (chopsticks, brooms, belts, etc.)
- The difficulties and consequences of our culture that downplays emotional / mental health
- Visiting the homeland as children vs. adults -- the appreciation of it all
- Our families chasing $$$ vs. our generation chasing fulfillment / purpose
- Dipping our cha gio in these birds' fish sauce, curry, marinara sauce, banana ketchup, etc.

Had dinner at a Vietnamese spot with a fellow Vietnamese homie
We bonded over:

- Growing up with both Vietnamese + American cultures (and the clashing of both)
- What our parents beat us with (chopsticks, brooms, belts, etc.)
- The difficulties and consequences of our culture that downplays emotional / mental health
- Visiting the homeland as children vs. adults -- the appreciation of it all
- Our families chasing $$$ vs. our generation chasing fulfillment / purpose
- Dipping our cha gio in these birds' fish sauce, curry, marinara sauce, banana ketchup, etc.

This and add the pressures of going to school and being an "embarrassment" even when you know your non-Asian friends don't try.

The joys of being Vietnamese-American.

IMO best is Brothers 형제갈비 in cerritos area. NOT ayce. expensive. but they are the only place in OC/LA I know of that actually uses charcoal 숫불 not gas.
I rarely ever go to any of the AYCE, I'd rather just go buy the meat and grill at home. It's actually been years since I stopped going to those so I don't know if places like Park's in Ktown, Suwon Galbi, or Josun Galbi are even still around.

I guess one way to do it drink alot of soju and the cardboard quality of AYCE won't matter.

This might be a weird question, since this thread is dominantly males (steph :tongue:). is anyone here or their gf's into skincare routines? Snail masks, vitamin c serums, sleeping masks etc. :lol:

What is it with Asians and aging overnight. Just found out last night my aunty is stage 4 cancer and not even going to attempt to treat her. She had a full body check up just last March and everything was fine.

What is it with Asians and aging overnight. Just found out last night my aunty is stage 4 cancer and not even going to attempt to treat her. She had a full body check up just last March and everything was fine.

sorry to hear that. but if its already at stage 4 theres a chance they didnt check properly/thoroughly.

IMO best is Brothers 형제갈비 in cerritos area. NOT ayce. expensive. but they are the only place in OC/LA I know of that actually uses charcoal 숫불 not gas.
I rarely ever go to any of the AYCE, I'd rather just go buy the meat and grill at home. It's actually been years since I stopped going to those so I don't know if places like Park's in Ktown, Suwon Galbi, or Josun Galbi are even still around.

I guess one way to do it drink alot of soju and the cardboard quality of AYCE won't matter.

just checked yelp.. damn... on the east coast I have never see a kbbq place using charcoal.

This might be a weird question, since this thread is dominantly males (steph :tongue:). is anyone here or their gf's into skincare routines? Snail masks, vitamin c serums, sleeping masks etc. :lol:

i don't have a "routine" but once in a while i'll do something. my face dries out pretty often/badly

Back
Top Bottom