Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I know it’s mostly all jokes and we assuming she don’t mess with Asian guys but I can’t hate on her too much since I love white women myself and I find most Asian girls boring personality-wise and not many catch my eye.

I feel like most of the Filipinas I know and see are with other Filipinos or another Asian. I don't know many Filipino/White couples actually.

Self hate.

We're considered inferior in western society and our female counterparts dont want any kind of association with it. Sad to say asian females are the first ones to jump ship when it comes to defending the asian male stereotype. Look at a vast majority of the asian female population in Hollywood and their partners. Its a status symbol for them, a way to elevate their social status in western society.

Call me salty or whatever but it just saddens me when your own kind looks down upon you based on an image thats drawn up within society.

I don't think your being salty. It's a real problem, you don't see women of other races saying they don't date their own kind because they look like their brother. Six years ago, 37% of Asian American women married out, today that number approaches 50. So there really might be over a 50% chance that an Asian woman you know is dating a white dude

Regionally, it would make sense to have similar features.

- Vietnam
- Thailand
- Cambodia
- Malaysia
- Philippines
- Indonesia

Its just one giant spectrum

me personally i think theres a big difference and can easily tell between the mainland southeast asians (vietnam, thailand, cambodia) vs the island southeast asians (filipinos, indonesians, malaysians)

I don't think your being salty. It's a real problem, you don't see women of other races saying they don't date their own kind because they look like their brother. Six years ago, 37% of Asian American women married out, today that number approaches 50. So there really might be over a 50% chance that an Asian woman you know is dating a white dude

Ehhh I think this happens across every visible minority group. But yes it's unfortunate

I mean i think it's pretty obvious in American media, asian men have been emasculated for many decades now. Funny thing is it wasn't always like this, during the silent film era Hollywood the first american hollywood male star that had american women thirsting was Japanese Sessue Hayakawa. At that time tho, the image of asian men were as the evil villain rather than later on as the Nerd, gay male friend, chinese food delivery guy or at best kung fu fighting

Tbf to some Asian women, from what I've collected and told was they have a huge pool of guys from all ethnicities hitting on em. I have a handful of friends that are in interracial relationships so I dont really get offended. Its only when they exclude dating Asian guys for some stupid reason.

In this case with that Thai chef, I'm hating because her mans is extra average. He wears dri fit gym shirts with khaki shorts. I know my mom didnt raise me this way but I can't help but to hate on a guy that dresses like that and bags a pretty nice looking chick :lol:
I mean it goes both ways, I get on my boys when they bag these extra average white or latinas too like damn bruh, you could of done better lol.

Guys seem to care more what other guys wear than the girls who date them. Girls do notice when someone dresses nice but if a guy isn’t fat and has confidence he’ll get attractive women no matter how he dresses. My friends wear baggy clothes that don’t fit but their girls don’t care.

Da white toe polish.
A84B40E6-7ACC-49B4-BE98-1728F7E715F8.gif

I've been working on a whole new wardrobe because while I like wearing sports apparel it makes me look much younger than I would like. I was at a ymca drop in session n they told me to go to the 12u side of the court

Trash. They look at the body of young people and funnel them into different sports depending on their body type, regardless if the youngster has much passion for it or now. David Epstein who wrote the athlete gene talked about this at a panel, youre not going to breed great athletes into adulthood if they didn’t grow up with a genuine interest in the game, or if every practice was chore. Free play is so important.

People like Tiger with that forced golf upbringing were the exception, not the rule. That’s why a lot of Chinese athletes do well in Olympic sports where the motion of the sport is based on repetitive predictable action (eg diving).

in that book, the sport's gene, he actually makes the case that to an extent, that interest/passion can be engineered (if athletes are/become successful in the sport they are placed into) and that what the analytical placing of athletes into sport(s) may lose in self directed/motivated passion, the potential gain of widening the prospective pool by identifying people that otherwise would not participate can be very successful, especially for smaller nations...free play definitely matters but given how popular hoop is in china, i don't think that's their problem; more so that the skill level doesn't seem to be consistently at a high enough level yet. in that way bball in china is kinda like soccer in the us, except there is waaaay more enthusiasm/popularity for basketball in china then global football has in the states

You sound like a douche
I've been told that I come off very douchy in certain things but I feel like it's more of a confidence thing. I mean we're here on a sneaker forum so I'm sure a majority of us can dress okay and present ourselves better than the average Joe. My mindset is breaking the mold fam. You gotta do better, be better, dress better. We are humans and very judgmental, especially on first impressions.

I feel like in order to break that Asian stereotype and mold, you need an extra step in your game. If an average looking white guy and average looking Asian guy were at a table talking to a pretty cute girl, that Asian guy is already at a disadvantage. You need that extra something to just get on even grounds. Better clothes, better confidence, better job, better car, better morals and etc.

I know it's all superficial things and dont matter at the end of the day but if you dont possess that extra flair you wont get looked at a 2nd time. It's the reality most of us live in. There are certainly exceptions but I'm sure for the rest of us 80% it's pretty real.

Trash. They look at the body of young people and funnel them into different sports depending on their body type, regardless if the youngster has much passion for it or now. David Epstein who wrote the athlete gene talked about this at a panel, youre not going to breed great athletes into adulthood if they didn’t grow up with a genuine interest in the game, or if every practice was chore. Free play is so important.

People like Tiger with that forced golf upbringing were the exception, not the rule. That’s why a lot of Chinese athletes do well in Olympic sports where the motion of the sport is based on repetitive predictable action (eg diving).

Damn that's wild. So if you're not in the upper percentile of height or something for your age, they don't let you play ball? Or I guess even if they do, your competition is trash cause so many other people in there were basically forced into it.

Damn that's wild. So if you're not in the upper percentile of height or something for your age, they don't let you play ball? Or I guess even if they do, your competition is trash cause so many other people in there were basically forced into it.

The best players in the CBA will make more money there than here.

Back
Top Bottom