Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Son doing GOAT things. He's entered his prime form.

aibk0e1p3ws21.jpg

Last edited:
Japan enacts law recognizing Ainu as indigenous, but activists say it falls short of U.N. declaration | The Japan Times
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...-despite-criticism-ethnic-group/#.XLmru9AxU0M

About damn time

one of my professor back in Uni met a grandma who spoke the ainu language in Hokkaido, which is a big deal because theres less than 20 people in world today who can speak it. he was a linguist so he had a huge interest in it. good to see they are preserving the culture, but more needs to be done.

kamala harris still a contender after tht lame jussie faked that hate attack to get her support?

Jennie fosho, but Nayeon heals me rofl. Someone was asked why they like Twice, and I found that response to be exactly what it is for me, healing. Dunno how I'm hurt though.
71522_nayeon-twice.jpg

Damn, double take, looks like either of them giving the middle finger lol

Attachments

• twice-nayeon-kpop-music-girl.jpg
    twice-nayeon-kpop-music-girl.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 9
As a fellow half Korean, some of the nastiest comments I’ve ever gotten were from Koreans. Disgusting what happened to her and her daughter.

If I was there I would’ve whooped them kids

Best comments in post saying “sht parents raise sht kids”. Ill manners from ill mannered adults. But confused on her last sentence:
“And in those moments, looking into the circle-lensesed eyes of those mothers saving the faces of their sons, I understood the life of privilege I have lead so far because of my skin color.”.

Lady you are a foreigner in a foreign land.
Non-natives anywhere are bottom of totem pole.
Drop you in different city/state neighborhood anywhere even in US and nobody think you belong.
Used to visit Father’s family Homestead in Taipei as kids back in day. Besides fact that foot taller and half body bigger than locals, elderly would still call you out as “foreigners”.

Back
Top Bottom