Asian Culture Discussion Thread

An Asian marvel character who does martial arts is just so lame and typical. Can we just have someone who is cool with some awesome abilities?

Also people need to shut up about just making namor and all his people asian. We’re not fish people and it sounds desperate for people to keep wishing for it to happen.

An Asian marvel character who does martial arts is just so lame and typical. Can we just have someone who is cool with some awesome abilities?

Also people need to shut up about just making namor and all his people asian. We’re not fish people and it sounds desperate for people to keep wishing for it to happen.

It is cliche and not interesting anymore - I think, a superhero could be Asian, without any emphasis on being Asian, if that makes sense.
it's a weird contradictory thing - I was stoked to see all those "Asians" heros, but then yeah, realizing it's all stereotypical characters. I'm glad at least they didn't complete butcher names. Although I don't think I've ever met anyone named Amadeus...

I think about how ridiculous some of the characters were back in the day though. Ie Sunfire. Then again how do we feel about "white washing", characters like Iron Fist etc. I grew up loving JCVD movies too :lol:

When did the narrative start that Namor was supposed to be Asian? I just don't remember thinking that as a kid. I mean, is Atlantis traditionally thought to be anywhere in the Pacific Ocean?

Googled some images of Namor because I'm suffering memory loss.
Kind of interesting to see comic book fans, the sentiment is like, Namor the character is not Asian in the stories, but would be cool for the actor to portray him to be Asian, change it up and make Atlantis "Asian".
Shrug. Dunno. I guess that's cool.

8n4sdjvakly21.jpg

he's looking to raise $3.5 million by the end of june , I believe he's already passed 2 million with over 100k unique donors

The friend zone hit me hard. I ended my friendship with the girl years ago but still interact on social media once in awhile. Actually think I have a better chance of getting in her guts now but I wanna prevent any emotions from appearing again.

The friend zone hit me hard. I ended my friendship with the girl years ago but still interact on social media once in awhile. Actually think I have a better chance of getting in her guts now but I wanna prevent any emotions from appearing again.

upload_2019-5-22_21-17-11.jpeg

I never told her how I felt but she knew. It was a long time too, but also a long long time ago. I moved on a long time back and she’s married with a kid, were still good friends.

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-22_21-16-37.png
    upload_2019-5-22_21-16-37.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 5
Yeah, I think my friend kinda knew as well. We had dinner one time and she kept asking questions that I refused to answer.

I’m still kinda mad at her for making me almost cry in public one time. One of my weakest moments ever.

I give her 50% of the blame for why I act like an animal, the other 50% is i’m Filipino.

I know its sounding like I fetishize asian women but I’ve always wanted one but here in NYC, they primarily date white men, though.

who here has a bts haircut >D

I've been getting an undercut with a short fade on the side blended into long hair on top. But I've been getting kind of sick of that look.

Either gonna try this longer cut out or cut it all off with a short fade. A dude at my gym has this same style, dyed orange too, but not tryna approach dude between sets and ask him about his hair. Might get permed and try out something diff if it doesn't **** up my hair.

cheese13-00075.jpg

58409613_852950545048976_3540333752609643108_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom