Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Question.

Do all/ a majority of Asian cultures believe in and participate in everyone at the table sharing food?

I’ve noticed a lot of times when dining out, Asian families will order a bunch of things and distribute it amongst everyone at the table vs. everyone ordering their own plates.

Curious because I admire the bonding aspect of the practice.

Question.

Do all/ a majority of Asian cultures believe in and participate in everyone at the table sharing food?

I’ve noticed a lot of times when dining out, Asian families will order a bunch of things and distribute it amongst everyone at the table vs. everyone ordering their own plates.

Yeah, usually family style.

Idk if it’s all Asians but my friends/families do. Can’t speak for others but I see it as we all order different things, then share so we can have a taste of everything lol.

I mean it also depends on the restaurant.

If it's like a steak house or something we usually get individual meals. Same with pho.

Chinese restaurants and stuff usually family style, since you can't really order dinner "sets".

Question.

Usually at Chinese restaurants.. a majority of the dishes are meant to be shared. Think of it as kind of a Thanksgiving way of serving.

Chinese movie now on netflix. Sounds epic, kinda scifi weird.
Might be worth a watch for something different.

Last edited:
Chinese movie now on netflix. Sounds epic, kinda scifi weird.
Might be worth a watch for something different.

I thought the special effects were pretty cool, movie a bit too long for me

I applied for a job at a TV station in Hong Kong. I didn't think they'd reply. They want to interview me over the phone but my Cantonese is pitiful. I don't wanna waste the employers time

Last edited:
Didn't really know of Mac back then, but Jin honestly looks like he hasn't aged one bit since Freestyle Fridays. Just grew his hair out a bit and clothes ain't nearly as baggy anymore lol

Reactions: Ube
He's kinda like the anti-Asian male stereotype.

Don't really like his idea on the n word though.

Jin and China Mac squashing their beef is a great moment for Asian Americans. On another note, I met Jin a few years back
2113256124.png

Are we talking about the one that refers to white folks or the one that refers to Asians? I don't hear the latter very much, but the former I hear quite often in songs

The latter and i don't think it's cool. Seems like in a lot of the songs lately it's either c word, c word eyes or objectifying Asian women when Asians are brought up

Which songs have been using that word lately? I can think of some from the 90s but nothing in the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom