Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I'm gonna audition

Edit. Nope I have to pay to make an account I'll pass. Was gonna apply for the role of tetsuo

Last edited:
I think they just put that cause you're suppose to be playing a 16, 17, or an 18 year old depending on the role. You could probably be older if you look young enough.

Capture.JPG

I don’t think the jail bid is what’s doing it for him necessarily. I think it’s the fact that he actually shot someone and it has something to do with Jin. A lot of rappers talk about shooting people but he actually did it and was punished for it. Then the DJ Vlad interviews helped get him viral publicity. Like I posted before, Shogunna also did a bid but he didn’t have social media or a good story to capitalize on.

Him being Asian plays into it but you know the whole thug appeal has always been a thing. And its not just being a thug but also the fact its directly tied to Jin who had his own fame. His music isn't bad imo but I've only heard like two songs.

I don't remember much but wasn't Shyne garbage, shooting incident tied to Puff, even copied Pac's look, and damn near went mainstream off of it? I remember him releasing some ****ty song that was recorded through a phone convo from jail or something lmao.
Nah shyne made good music but the thing is shyne was mainstream before the shooting ...after he did 10yrs he vanished from rap he wasnt on different platforms doing interviews about the case even to this day ...when he came home he got deported & his rap career was finito he in belize chilling helping his community & still not even talking about his case with diddy

I don’t think the jail bid is what’s doing it for him necessarily. I think it’s the fact that he actually shot someone and it has something to do with Jin. A lot of rappers talk about shooting people but he actually did it and was punished for it. Then the DJ Vlad interviews helped get him viral publicity. Like I posted before, Shogunna also did a bid but he didn’t have social media or a good story to capitalize on.

Has something to do with jin? ... jin was a nobody in rap though for anybody to capitalize off of ...gucci mane killed young jeezy man but he didnt gain success off of that gucci might of talked about that situation once or twice & that was it gucci got success from constantly dropping music until he got that one mainstream hit

Has something to do with jin? ... jin was a nobody in rap though for anybody to capitalize off of ...gucci mane killed young jeezy man but he didnt gain success off of that gucci might of talked about that situation once or twice & that was it gucci got success from constantly dropping music until he got that one mainstream hit

Jin was enough of a somebody for Vlad, who has a big platform, to conduct a series of interviews with China Mac about it. The funny thing is that Jin wasn’t even the one who got shot but he got all the attention for it.

Vlad tries to interview any & everybody who is involved in the entertainment world(whether mainstream or underground ) that has some form of connection to the streets .... he interviews chi ali(who was nice early 90s but lets keep it a stack nobody checking for his music in this day in age) yet vlad continues to interview him about him being on the run for killing his baby moms brother ...i wouldnt hold vlad interviews to a high status ....yeah @Jin man got clapped ....if china wasnt chinese & pushing a street agenda he would not get as much exposure as he do with constantly teling same pen stories from platform to platform...the fascination i believe is because he chinese ..we know its street chinese dudes that exist they just lowkey not televised so for him
He milking it at this point

Nah shyne made good music but the thing is shyne was mainstream before the shooting ...after he did 10yrs he vanished from rap he wasnt on different platforms doing interviews about the case even to this day ...when he came home he got deported & his rap career was finito he in belize chilling helping his community & still not even talking about his case with diddy

that was his whole appeal when it came to the mainstream though. i vaguely knew him but thats when I really became aware of him. I remember him on mtv doing some interview about his bid, baldheaded in gold rimmed glasses looking like a Pac impersonator. Even that song I mentioned where he's rapping and it was through a prison phone call. He was juicing every bit of clout from his prison sentence man. He just didn't have as many platforms as people do now.

and i disagree about jin. that was the key element that made his story spiral into a bigger thing.

Shyne had good songs.

I don't remember people saying he was tryna look like tupac, that would be weird considering he was with bad boy. People did say his voice was similar to Big.

What prison song u talking about? I know he had the diss to fif which was a response to him talking crazy

Ehh..Shyne has some legit mainstream hit records. Would be willing to bet Mac won't reach, I would just focus on the cooking thing.

What people aren't bringing up is dude was/is basically a ultimate hater and targeted Jin for no reason. Super envious because he was a bum in the streets getting pennies. He's lucky Jin isn't "like that", you should get clapped for that.

That's equivalent to somebody right now hating on his YouTube success, and trying to rob him for whatever he has..smfh

Ehh..Shyne has some legit mainstream hit records. Would be willing to bet Mac won't reach, I would just focus on the cooking thing.

What people aren't bringing up is dude was/is basically a ultimate hater and targeted Jin for no reason. Super envious because he was a bum in the streets getting pennies. He's lucky Jin isn't "like that", you should get clapped for that.

That's equivalent to somebody right now hating on his YouTube success, and trying to rob him for whatever he has..smfh
Im with u on jin not making it to shyne level... his music is garbage overall but then again he has some who be biggin him up

I forgot it was some feature or maybe it was the diss you’re talking about if it that was through a phone call. I think it’s more emphasized now when we have so much type of content that you can be a rapper who raps on the side and the main sell can be your other content. Like I’ve seen more of his podcast/interview type content than his music videos. I think he has a good personality for modern social media content. There are a lot of other Asian rappers with a rap sheet but they’re not interesting personalities to watch through a screen.

Mac does acknowledge that he used his story as part of promoting himself in one of the interviews I saw with him. He was even going to fix his chipped tooth but decided to keep it initially because it’s a part of his story. It’s a smart thing to do, and then after that, people keep asking so it is what it is. In the recent vlad interview he made it a point to stop the interview to promote his music so he’s using whatever he has available to promote. I think he’s been transitioning from just the “Chinese gangster with the Jin story” to other content as his own person pretty intelligently and smoothly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom