Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Would you mind posting it here? I actually would love to see historical photos like that. Especially because of how important that event is.
Bro I'm not posting my parent photos on here!
Im dead serious, the CCP dont forget.

not racist. I wouldn’t go to a Mexican guy for sushi just like I wouldn’t go to a Japanese guy for tacos.

I once went to a Japanese spot near little tokyo in NY. The sushi chef was mexican (this wasn't any high end spot). Gave me the largest sliced cuts I ever seen.

not racist. I wouldn’t go to a Mexican guy for sushi just like I wouldn’t go to a Japanese guy for tacos.
Do you guys check your kitchens? Latinos are everywhere. Maybe the person in charge is Asian, but don't be surprised if latinos are the ones cooking your asian food.

Most popular sushi joint by my way, always packed, have latino guys making our sushi in front of us

Tangent off the cross cultural food trend, always wanted to checkout what their stuff is like. Filipino-American, married into a Korean family and was inspired to combine Mexican and Korean food. Korean chef branches out to various other projects. I realize there are obviously better more authentic Mexican places in CA.

Do you guys check your kitchens? Latinos are everywhere. Maybe the person in charge is Asian, but don't be surprised if latinos are the ones cooking your asian food.

Most popular sushi joint by my way, always packed, have latino guys making our sushi in front of us

that’s true. But there’s levels to sushi. If you ain’t wash rice for 5 years first as an apprentice, then your sushi prob ain’t good

Tangent off the cross cultural food trend, always wanted to checkout what their stuff is like. Filipino-American, married into a Korean family and was inspired to combine Mexican and Korean food. Korean chef branches out to various other projects. I realize there are obviously better more authentic Mexican places in CA.

I heard of him. I think he was on a Netflix food show. Gotta check it out if I’m ever in cali

You can have latino guys in the back prepping ingredients, but the main chef being latino? No bueno.

And yes, I do pay attention of the staff when I go to spots that are higher end.

Never voted in Taiwan as I left when I was 5. Talking to my cousin who lives in Germany and we agreed the next elections we both making the trip to vote.
Heart feels for the people fighting in HK

A lot of my Taiwanese friends did / plan to make that trip.

Well fusion spots are OK because you know what you're getting. But if I'm looking for authentic recipes, I stick to my original statement.

If i'm going to a Korean spot, there better be some old lady with dyed perm hair in the back.

Never voted in Taiwan as I left when I was 5. Talking to my cousin who lives in Germany and we agreed the next elections we both making the trip to vote.
Heart feels for the people fighting in HK

Baby boomer aged Parents have peers that will go back and do the vote thing.
You still maintain dual citizenship?
But then hear TWN process to reactivate is fairly easy.
Don’t you have to do the mandatory military service though?
Parents dropped mine and younger brother’s green passport in 80s since Life is here.

Went to Nami Nori near Soho and the chefs were all Koreans...some of them worked at Masa.

I'm seeing this image circulating as a show of support during BLM. Some big influencers have reposted it.

Picture is hard but there's some debate about the term "yellow peril." Some people are trying to "reclaim" it and others think we should dead it. What you think?

101751388_3288365291198215_4375338885866061824_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom