Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I heard that asian discord is pretty lame :ohwell:

TrollFace.jpg

NBA raises eyebrows for not allowing customers to print 'FreeHongKong' on custom gear

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-raises-eyebrows-for-not-allowing-custom-gear-to-say-freehongkong

#FYouWoj for missing the point of the conversation.
Stick to basketball. And no, I don’t support an independent Hong Kong.

Edit:
NBA jumping on social justice messaging is a bit hypocritical when they go above and beyond on censoring “FreeHongKong”. Notice no other similar messages mentioned in article were censored. So the NBA went out of their way to accommodate a foreign government here in US.
And why Woj decided to act like a NBA player/employee to step in and take a vulger shot. He’s an ESPN reporter. And least argue the point of the issue.
Whatever your personal view on Hong Kong protests the oversized effect CCP has on domestic conversation is concerning.
It’s the idea that the NBA is censoring US opinion/conversation to appease a foreign government.

Last edited:
NBA raises eyebrows for not allowing customers to print 'FreeHongKong' on custom gear

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nba-raises-eyebrows-for-not-allowing-custom-gear-to-say-freehongkong

#FYouWoj for missing the point of the conversation.
Stick to basketball. And no, I don’t support an independent Hong Kong.

Edit:
NBA jumping on social justice messaging is a bit hypocritical when they go above and beyond on censoring “FreeHongKong”. Notice no other similar messages mentioned in article were censored. So the NBA went out of their way to accommodate a foreign government here in US.
And why Woj decided to act like a NBA player/employee to step in and take a vulger shot. He’s an ESPN reporter. And least argue the point of the issue.
Whatever your personal view on Hong Kong protests the oversized effect CCP has on domestic conversation is concerning.
It’s the idea that the NBA is censoring US opinion/conversation to appease a foreign government.

While it's hypocritical for the league to limit #FreeHK on the back of jerseys, I think Hawley and other GOP members are just using this situation to leverage and incite more anti-China propaganda. I don't want anyone to confuse this as me supporting the CCP but the GOP couldn't care less about the actual independence of HK residents and probably only want it as a tool to potentially destabilize China.

While it's hypocritical for the league to limit #FreeHK on the back of jerseys, I think Hawley and other GOP members are just using this situation to leverage and incite more anti-China propaganda. I don't want anyone to confuse this as me supporting the CCP but the GOP couldn't care less about the actual independence of HK residents and probably only want it as a tool to potentially destabilize China.

Fair point. Unfortunately not seeing much backbone and criticism from the DEM side. Be an actual miracle to see bipartisan stand up against CCP actions.

*Well known fact that tourists get the fresh rice and produce from Fukushima area as they are significantly cheaper

Back
Top Bottom