Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Not being sarcastic — I’m proud of you. Moe is tripping.

I’m not trying to stir the pot. We had this exact convo and when I saw the news I was reminded of that.

Part of the problem is people like Moe want to outright deny that there’s any issue whatsoever and then imply that I somehow have an issue with Asians setting up business in specific locations.

so soon ja du and rick chow are reflective of the community of asian store owners?

what is the specific issue you’re getting at is what i’m curious about

Isn’t the film being mentioned regarding caricature one where the Asian store owner ultimately gets shot to death by folks of non Asian culture?

Isn’t the film being mentioned regarding caricature one where the Asian store owner ultimately gets shot to death by folks of non Asian culture?
It works both ways.

Not all shootings in convenience stores result in the death of a Black person. Asians get killed as well. In film and in real life.

so soon ja du and rick chow are reflective of the community of asian store owners?

what is the specific issue you’re getting at is what i’m curious about

If you wanna be in denial about the historic animosity between two groups that is pretty well documented I’d call that “lazy”.

That animosity frequently plays out in the liquor store setting whether you want to believe it or not. Said animosity doesn’t always result in violence that reaches the nightly news, but that also doesn’t mean that it’s uncommon.

Also stop trying your absolute best to put words in my mouth and wake up.

You’re not curious about anything you just want to make it seem like I’ve fabricated something.

If you wanna be in denial about the historic animosity between two groups that is pretty well documented I’d call that “lazy”.

That animosity frequently plays out in the liquor store setting whether you want to believe it or not. Said animosity doesn’t always result in violence that reaches the nightly news, but that also doesn’t mean that it’s uncommon.

Also stop trying your absolute best to put words in my mouth and wake up.

no one denying tension has existed between black and asian communities for decades. i grew up in oakland, i saw this **** first hand in our schools and our communities so let’s not act like no one knows this tension exists. liquor stores are not the only space in which asians and blacks interact.

separate from soon ja du and rick chow, who deserved and deserve to be convicted to the maximum extent of the law for murder, where does the responsibility lie in these interactions between asians and blacks?

no one denying tension has existed between black and asian communities for decades. i grew up in oakland, i saw this **** first hand in our schools and our communities so let’s not act like no one knows this tension exists. liquor stores are not the only space in which asians and blacks interact.

where does the responsibility lie in these interactions?

Did I ever say that’s the only place it happens? What’s wrong with you man?

In an interaction between a 58 year old man who apparently has shot other people who he suspected of robbing him and a 14 year old? Where does the responsibility lie?

You tell me.

Did I ever say that’s the only place it happens? What’s wrong with you man?

In an interaction between a 58 year old man who apparently has shot other people who he suspected of robbing him and a 14 year old? Where does the responsibility lie?

You tell me.

separate from soon ja du and rick chow, who deserved and deserve to be convicted to the maximum extent of the law for murder, where does the responsibility lie in these interactions between asians and blacks?

the same reason why you asked another poster in here to stop re-posting stuff from asian dawn because of how it misportrayed black communities is the same issue i take with only bringing up instances of asian shop store owners killing black youth in this thread. you and i had conversations about this via DM and in this very thread. no one is denying that it’s a problem that needs to stop. but if you want to frame the entire asian community as being like du and chow, which seems to be the tenor of your posts currently and historically, then imma take issue with that. you rhetorically ask what’s wrong with me when i’m only presenting a perspective and questions that you don’t want to acknowledge.

Last edited:

the same reason why you asked another poster in here to stop re-posting stuff from asian dawn because of how it misportrayed black communities is the same issue i take with only bringing up instances of asian shop store owners killing black youth in this thread. you and i had conversations about this via DM and in this very thread. no one is denying that it’s a problem that needs to stop. but if you want to frame the entire asian community as being like du and chow, which seems to be the tenor of your posts currently and historically, then imma take issue with that. you rhetorically ask what’s wrong with me when i’m only presenting a perspective and questions that you don’t want to acknowledge.

I’m asking what’s wrong with you because you don’t ask genuine questions. You ask leading questions in hopes of a gotcha moment. You asked if I had a problem with Asians opening stores in Black neighborhoods FOR WHAT?

I said nothing implying that I took issue with that so why ask it?

That gotcha moment isn’t coming moe.

When a person walks into a liquor store regardless of who it’s owned by, if they steal something, you don’t get to shoot them.

So the responsibility in that setting is on the business owner. Operating a business under the foolish impression that you don’t have to consider loss prevention is ridiculous.

What I posted and the random mugshots from Asian Dawnare not the same. I posted a picture of that guy because he is the CONFIRMED KILLER. He shot a child in the back who it turns out, DID NOT STEAL ANYTHING!

He’s not a suspect on the loose. It’s not a misidentification of an innocent person. He has an established history of shooting people and he’s about to be held without bond because of that.

And don’t get carried away with this narrative that I’ve framed the entire Asian community as being murderous lunatics. I haven’t done that. You said those words so again, I’m telling you to stop putting words in my mouth.

I’m asking what’s wrong with you because you don’t ask genuine questions. You ask leading questions in hopes of a gotcha moment. You asked if I had a problem with Asians opening stores in Black neighborhoods FOR WHAT?

I said nothing implying that I took issue with that so why ask it?

That gotcha moment isn’t coming moe.

When a person walks into a liquor store regardless of who it’s owned by, if they steal something, you don’t get to shoot them.

So the responsibility in that setting is on the business owner. Operating a business under the foolish impression that you don’t have to consider loss prevention is ridiculous.

What I posted and the random mugshots from Asian Dawnare not the same. I posted a picture of that guy because he is the CONFIRMED KILLER. He shot a child in the back who it turns out, DID NOT STEAL ANYTHING!

He’s not a suspect on the loose. It’s not a misidentification of an innocent person. He has an established history of shooting people and he’s about to be held without bond because of that.

And don’t get carried away with this narrative that I’ve framed the entire Asian community as being murderous lunatics. I haven’t done that. You said those words so again, I’m telling you to stop putting words in my mouth.

calling the murder of black youth by asian shop keeper a “pattern” is in fact a generalization. no one is denying acts of anti-blackness are perpetrated by asian shop keepers. but if you are going to portray asian shop keepers as having a pattern of killing black youth, then feel free to share articles. beyond du and chow, not much is generating on google.

i’m legit curious as to what constitutes a pattern.

calling the murder of black youth by asian shop keeper a “pattern” is in fact a generalization. no one is denying acts of anti-blackness are perpetrated by asian shop keepers. but if you are going to portray asian shop keepers as having a pattern of killing black youth, then feel free to share articles. beyond du and chow, not much is generating on google.

i’m legit curious as to what constitutes a pattern.

Google Min Sik Kim and Jakeel Rashon because I want you to do some work instead of just sitting back and recklessly questioning something that society at large is fully aware of.

Similar situation. By no means identical.

Now Kim’s wife had an unrelated incident prior to her husband killing Rashon, which should have been reason enough for them to beef up security but they didn’t.

I know the argument has been made here before that maybe hiring security isn’t feasible but you know what? That’s too bad. If you can’t afford security you shouldn’t be running a business that is a prime target for theft. You may not want to hear that and it definitely isn’t fair, but that’s the reality of it. You don’t get to shoot people because you can’t afford security guards or some other means of loss prevention.

I understand that you will only be satisfied if I present you with 10,000 such occurrences. Which is absurd but that’s kinda who you’ve shown yourself to be when it comes to discourse with me.

I implore you you look up more instances on your own and report back. Shouldn’t be too tough as you claim to have grown up in Oakland where I’m sure some of your neighbors can attest to the pattern I mentioned.

Keep in mind that Me saying it’s a pattern is not equivalent to me saying the words you attempted to put in my mouth. It could be south Asians shooting to rectify theft. It could be Hatians. It’s a pattern. The more prominent examples and the ones that have gotten media attention that I’m aware of tend to be Asians shooting Black people BUT AGAIN, I NEVER SAID THAT THAT IS THE ONLY WAY IT GOES DOWN.

Last edited:
Google Min Sik Kim and Jakeel Rashon.

Similar situation.

Now Kim’s wife had an incident prior to her husband killing Rashon, which should have been reason enough for them to beef up security but they didn’t.

Now, I know the argument has been made her before that maybe hiring security isn’t feasible but you know what? That’s too bad. If you can’t afford security you shouldn’t be running a business that is a prime target for theft. You may not want to hear that and it definitely isn’t fair, but that’s the reality of it.

I understand that you will only be satisfied if I present you with 10,000 such occurrences. Which is absurd but that’s kinda who you’ve shown yourself to be when it comes to discourse with me.

I implore you you look up more instances on your own and report back. Shouldn’t be too tough as you claim to have grown up in Oakland where I’m sure some of your neighbors can attest to the pattern I mentioned.

Keep in mind that Me saying it’s a pattern is not equivalent to me saying the words you attempted to put in my mouth.

thank you for bringing light to that case.

what is absurd about asking you to bring up actual cases of this happening if you are the one saying it is a pattern? the onus isn’t on anyone other than the person making the claim.

and wait, people shouldn’t open up businesses if they’re vulnerable to theft? you do understand that historically asian businesses and HOMES in Oakland have been targeted specifically because they tend to be owned by immigrants with less rights and minimized opportunities for lega recourse, right?

thank you for bringing light to that case.

what is absurd about asking you to bring up actual cases of this happening if you are the one saying it is a pattern? the onus isn’t on anyone other than the person making the claim.

and wait, people shouldn’t open up businesses if they’re vulnerable to theft? you do understand that historically asian businesses have been targeted specifically because they tend to be owned by immigrants with less rights and minimized opportunities for lega recourse, right?
The onus is on you because you’re the only one unaware of the problem.

I don’t have any responsibility to pull your head out of the sand. Your ignorance isn’t justification for trying to make me look crazy and as if I’ve made all of this up. That’s a YOU PROBLEM, Moe!

Bro you gotta take time and do a better job reading what is written.

I said that If you can’t afford security you shouldn’t be running a business that is a prime target for theft.

It sucks that that is the reality, but that’s what it is and no amount of idealism or excuses can change that.

The onus is on you because you’re the only one unaware of the problem.

I don’t have any responsibility to pull your head out of the sand. Your ignorance isn’t justification for trying to make me look crazy and as if I’ve made all of this up. That’s a YOU PROBLEM, Moe!

Bro you gotta take time and do a better job reading what is written.

I said that If you can’t afford security you shouldn’t be running a business that is a prime target for theft.

It sucks that that is the reality, but that’s what it is and no amount of idealism or excuses can change that.

YOU are the one making generalizations, so YOU should be the one who presents facts. it is not my responsibility to do research to prove your point of a “pattern.” If you are going to accuse a community of people of having a pattern of problematic behavior then it is on you bring concrete examples. three cases is enough to constitute a pattern?

and calling me ignorant is a deflection.

and why should business owners be forced to hire security? this is really your logic? your rationale is not so far away from saying we need more policing. so asian home owners in oakland should have private security to protect their homes, too?

YOU are the one making generalizations, so YOU should be the one who presents facts. it is not my responsibility to do research to prove your point of a “pattern.” If you are going to accuse a community of people of having a pattern of problematic behavior then it is on you bring concrete examples. three cases is enough to constitute a pattern?

and calling me ignorant is a deflection.

and why should business owners be forced to hire security? this is really your logic? your rationale is not so far away from saying we need more policing. so asian home owners in oakland should have private security to protect their homes, too?

You’re in the minority as far as not knowing that it’s a thing. Sorry that’s just the facts.

When you aren’t aware of something that a large number of people are aware of it’s called ignorance. Nothing to be ashamed of. But you’re gonna own that one buddy.

I never said they should be forced. It is in their best interest and it’s stupid not to do whatever is necessary to secure your investment in your business. Some call it common sense. For the 10th time it’s unfortunate that not everyone can afford security.

And you’re reaching really hard comparing my suggestion for security to a need for more policing. Don’t hurt yourself doing all that reaching because Top Flight security is a separate issue from actual Police.

Stop moving the goal posts. Home security is a different subject altogether.

You’re in the minority as far as not knowing that it’s a thing. Sorry that’s just the facts.

When you aren’t aware of something that a large number of people are aware of it’s called ignorance. Nothing to be ashamed of. But you’re gonna own that one buddy.

I never said they should be forced. It is in their best interest and it’s stupid not to do whatever is necessary to secure your investment in your business. Some call it common sense. For the 10th time it’s unfortunate that not everyone can afford security.

And you’re reaching really hard comparing my suggestion for security to a need for more policing. Don’t hurt yourself doing all that reaching because Top Flight security is a separate issue from actual Police.

Stop moving the goal posts. Home security is a different subject altogether.

speaking in absolutes is a problem. you went in circles to prove nothing about a “pattern.” congrats.

speaking in absolutes is a problem. you went in circles to prove nothing about a “pattern.” congrats.
Oh so it’s still not a pattern just because you said so and are too lazy to look into it further for yourself? You’ve got some weird ideas man.

You’re not a serious person and I don’t even know why I still bother with you.

All you do is Sea Lion and it’s an absolute joke.

Oh so it’s still not a pattern just because you said so and are too lazy to look into it further for yourself? You’ve got some weird ideas man.

You’re not a serious person and I don’t even know why I still bother with you.

All you do is Sea Lion and it’s an absolute joke.
you have a pattern of trying to engage with me so... i guess

today-i-got-time-cuz-i-have-time.gif

you have a pattern of trying to engage with me so... i guess

today-i-got-time-cuz-i-have-time.gif

I never thought I’d say this but you should take a page out of JPS’ book.

Now I’m going out on a limb giving him credit here because he could totally jump on your bandwagon but He passively acknowledged the issue and kept it moving because he knew there wasn’t anything to argue about.

Stop being so dense man. You can’t argue this one down.

Pregnant Seattle restaurant owner shot dead by convicted felon in unprovoked attack​

About the suspect: The gunman has been identified as 30-year-old Cordell Maurice Goosby, a convicted felon in Illinois, as per FOX 13. He was arrested at the scene shortly after the incident, reportedly telling police, “I did it, I did it.” He later claimed that he fired into the Tesla because he thought its passengers had a gun. However, surveillance video showed that he ran up to the car and fired his stolen gun into the driver’s window, according to KING 5.

GoFundMe page for the victim's family : https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-sungs-family-rebuilding-from-heartbreak

Back
Top Bottom