Asian Culture Discussion Thread

Lets keep it a stack with jin....

Jin was a new face to the rap scene being an asian face that could freestyle (his come up was 106th & park)..... from that platform he got down with ruff ryders where he was put on the bench & got no burn or having his career rise from there ....mac was a chinese gang member who popped jin mans ...only reason jin was known was 106 & park had that not happened would mac really be where he would be at without using jin name as a crutch? Of course not

Who do you guys think is currently the biggest asian rapper now that there's actually a lot more than the early-mid 2000s when the answer would've been clearly Jin

Who do you guys think is currently the biggest asian rapper now that there's actually a lot more than the early-mid 2000s when the answer would've been clearly Jin

Gotta go with stupid young.. one of his videos feat mozzy has over 20m views.

Not to mention dudes pretty nice with the flows even though it aint my cup o tea

Being one of the only Asian people at my school, I heard a bunch of crap from all the other races.

At my school it was me, black, and hispanic dudes who made race jokes growing up. White people knew not to say anything.

We said wild ignorant **** back then.

China mac video talking about how chinese gangs dont pump work in their own hood because they dont wanna ruin their people so they go to other ethnicities spots to sell their drugs

Man do white people say wild stuff to yall like this?

No disrespect man.

@dangerousg

That video always cracks me up.
I'm sure most of us have heard variations of all of these things.

I think I experienced this the most in the Mid-West and South.
West Coast though at least "they" know how to be "specifically" racist, ie, Korean specific stuff, Chinese specific etc.
Somehow this made me less mad - yeah I question myself still.

Could be because as a kid in the 80s was when I went through the blatantly hateful stuff.
Lived in NoVA for a bit as a kid.
Had a classmate that lived in my neighborhood- he'd always want to play ball and Nintendo with me at his house.
His older brother would just flat out say all the stuff to me. Daryl and Merle (Walking Dead) always reminded of these two.
It wasn't until another older guy in the neighborhood beat him down that he stopped messing with me (and the few other Asians).

My usual response to the "Your English is perfect! You have no accent!" is to say, "Yes I'm Asian remember? We are smart, and I mastered your primitive language in 2 years".

EnormousConcreteDutchsmoushond-max-1mb.gif

bro we really talking about JIN? hahah ..
but shout out to Jin for forcing himself in to the rap game. respect the hussle.

Keeping it technical, Awkwafina but because of her acting not rapping. Although she was a rapper first.

Jin should have done better financially with his debut but Ruff Ryders and the rest of the industry weren't trying to promote him like that.

Anyone peep Awkwafina's new movie The Farewell?
Good reviews so far

The film follows a Chinese family who, when they discover their beloved Grandmother has only a short while left to live, decide to keep her in the dark and schedule an impromptu wedding to gather before she passes. Billi, feeling like a fish out of water in her home country, struggles with the family's decision to hide the truth from her grandmother.

Back
Top Bottom