Asian Culture Discussion Thread

the virus finally hit my state officially yesterday. def got some fear going to the gym.
you already know how dirty mofos be at the gym

CYC would like to thank the entire community for all of your support in donating to the GoFundMe campaign to support the elderly man and his family. We will be ending the campaign today and want to express our gratitude for everyone’s support. Our Executive Director, Sarah Wan, and CYC’s Jacky Zhu are showing the elderly man the GoFundMe page and translating some of your messages of support. In efforts to be transparent, CYC will not be taking any money from the campaign as 100% of the proceeds after GoFundMe fees will go to the family.

She didn’t like his Air Jordan 1 Shattered Backboard 3.0s.
Them shoes are fugly.
(Have a pair).

source.gif

A4FD5107-1A4D-42FB-9C26-9FF05D2E1FD8.jpeg
5D7A156D-D884-4E63-B9B6-63C8AE3284F3.jpeg

Don’t know how many of you guys are Chinese or into Chinese singers/actors, but the past year I’ve been appreciating Cecilia Cheung’s singing and her scratchy voice. Acting not bad too. Too bad she have somewhat of a bad rep since the Edison incident.

breh...you guys remember these girls from old Asian Youtube?

Not to be on some gossip **** but I randomly came across one of their videos just now and apparently one of them had an affair and her husband only found out the kid wasn't actually his a year after raising him. Cheated on him with another dude from their Korean church friend circle.

Imagine. Always stay alert hombres.

I’m still subscribed to them on YouTube. They came out with two new vids lately. Reading the comment to see if anyone brings up their drama, but nothing. I’m still shocked with the news. :nerd::lol:

Don’t know how many of you guys are Chinese or into Chinese singers/actors, but the past year I’ve been appreciating Cecilia Cheung’s singing and her scratchy voice. Acting not bad too. Too bad she have somewhat of a bad rep since the Edison incident.
Never followed her singing careers, but I enjoyed her acting when she first came out. Been washed ever since the scandal though.

Never followed her singing careers, but I enjoyed her acting when she first came out. Been washed ever since the scandal though.
Haha yea that scandal messed a lot of people up. Just came across a YouTube video of her singing a soundtrack from some movie she did a while back and her performance was on point. Not sure if you’ve seen this movie before, suppose to be good. Going to look for it.

Dude really sprayed him with Febreeze

Damb. This doesn't look good. This will just attract more hate. I wouldn't be surprised if an Asian guy is acting redneckish to a defensely black p

Edison Chen is a few years older than me and went to highschool in my city.

By Gr 10, he was driving a lambo to school. He was telling ppl how he was gonna go back to HK and be a star.

Damb. This doesn't look good. This will just attract more hate. I wouldn't be surprised if an Asian guy is acting redneckish to a defensely black p

Edison Chen is a few years older than me and went to highschool in my city.

By Gr 10, he was driving a lambo to school. He was telling ppl how he was gonna go back to HK and be a star.
What city is this? Vancouver? That’s where he’s originally from, right? His dad is some successful businessman I think.

Isn’t Edison not welcome in hk because triads will kill him? I know he lost his job and now works in China and has a Jordan brand deal of some sort

In my opinion he didn’t have to apologize except for home wrecking a married couple. all the celebrities were acting like he was the bad guy and the women were victims. Takes two to tango

I don’t think it’s spreading, they been that way. They just want to show it more now on social media. belgium probably 99.98 % white.

I dunno if a lot of Asians haven’t faced too much racism since we’re usually low on the list for racists. Here in America they just need to talk to Mexicans, blacks, and middle eastern people to get an idea of the trash they deal with on the daily.

I don’t think it’s spreading, they been that way. They just want to show it more now on social media. belgium probably 99.98 % white.

I dunno if a lot of Asians haven’t faced too much racism since we’re usually low on the list for racists. Here in America they just need to talk to Mexicans, blacks, and middle eastern people to get an idea of the trash they deal with on the daily.

true, but the coronavirus giving these fools the empowerment to come out and show themselves and their ignorance and their jackassery. I did some googling and found an account dedicated to racism against Asians but Dutch folks in the regions so apparently it’s a thing.

Most sane people can agree crap like this is blatantly racist or at the very least somewhat offensive yet the secondary/high school these idiots go to posted it up on their FB and IG (which are now offline) like nothing. That’s the difference between racism to Asians vs other groups, it’s “just a joke” because we don’t have it as bad as them nah that’s not gonna fly anymore.

I went to a high school with mostly whites, blacks, and Latinos. Was one of the only Asian guys in my grade (only Asian guy who wasn’t Indian). Heard racist crap from everyone. The ramped up stuff now doesn’t surprise me, it’s how humans are and always have been.

I would not have survived in that school setting . Was lucky to be in a 99% Chinese school

Back
Top Bottom