Ask a guy who started an Amazon business in late April and has made $490k (Gross) anything UPDATE

I will not disclose my amazon store name, or specific products. 

No PMs, someone else might have the same question as you. 

I am 24yrs old, College drop-out. We Import directly from Chinese manufactures. I have a Chinese partner and we work from a 5,000sq ft warehouse. His father in China helps us get the inventory for CHEAP which allows us to sell it on amazon for big profits. 

100% of our amazon inventory is "Fulfillment by amazon" 

I probably won't be able to help answering the "getting in contact with Chinese factories" because thats my partners job. 

I am doing this because NT has given a lot to me and I want to give back and help some of you guys out.

My inspiration was these guys:

http://www.inc.com/profile/yagoozon

UPDATE:

A year later, 

I am very proud to know that I was able to create something from scratch and grow it into something I never imagined. 

Of course this is gross and our net is much lower but I don't care. I grew up having nothing and working my way up to this point is a incredible feeling. 

Last edited:
congratulations!

how many hrs/week do you devote to maintaining the store

what's your staff like (positions and number)

what's included in your overhead

roll.gif
roll.gif
All the spinoff threads tonight are 
eek.gif
nerd.gif

How many people work for ya?
What do you sell?
Why you never at the NT Summits?

congratulations!

how many hrs/week do you devote to maintaining the store

what's your staff like (positions and number)

what's included in your overhead
Thanks

First couple of months we were putting in 70+hrs 7days a week, Now we do about 30 a week (50 if we receive a container).   

It is 3 of us, 1 Full time employee

Overhead- Warehouse lease, 1 employee, our salaries, inventory, and transportation. Oh and of course amazon fees.  

My friend does the same thing selling laptop batteries and phone accessories on Amazon. Makes good money doing it to. Keep it going OP

How many people work for ya?
What do you sell?
Why you never at the NT Summits?
1 full time employee

We sell anything high rank and generic/unbranded on amazon

I was gonna go to the last ben baller/dodger game summit in 2011 but my car broke down that weekend. 
mean.gif

Interested in some Internet marketing. My boy does something similar but generates revenue with website traffic. He's the cheapest mofo on the planet though. Should've posted about him in the cheap friends thread :smh:

Read post, looked at sn, and slowly nodded

anywayz how much of a percentage does Amazon take from you?

Last edited:
How much do YOU make after all the overhead? Are these electronic items?
No electronics. A lot of wall art, kitchen/restaurant supplies, Toys, Wedding decor, seasonal items, 

We have made appox 170k so far. Initial investment was 30k plus 60k owed for the first container. 

Read post, looked at sn, and slowly nodded

anywayz how much of a percentage does Amazon take from you?
It depends on weight and size of the item, since Amazon Fulfills our orders the fees are much higher because they include shipping in the fee. (Amazon's deeply discounted shipping rates)

I overslept 5 minutes today & lost $3,000,000 going back to Android alarms.

Last edited:
How does one go about finding a partner like this to import all the chinese items? this is something ive always wanted to do but never knew where to start

How does one go about finding a partner like this to import all the chinese items? this is something ive always wanted to do but never knew where to start
My situation was lucky. In 2013 I was working part time for a company because I wanted to learn more about the amazon side of business and what better way than with a new company experimenting. This company was a wedding supply wholesaler who was close to going out of business that wanted to get into e-commerce. Its first year (2012) they made 200k in gross sales, in  2013 they made 3million and amazon suspended their account (feb 2014). Thats where I met my partner, his pops is the owners brother who would get the inventory for the company. We knew the ins and outs of the business and we were unhappy with our pay plus having to start over for them. We decided to leave the company and start our own, since my partner is a only child his parents help us out a lot by negotiating great deals for high quality goods.
Did you cop the gtr?
nerd.gif
No, next year 2016 model 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom