ASK AN ENGLISH GUY......Vol. Earl Grey, milk, 2 sugars

New York accent = cool, Cali = annoying to us.

Breast implant arent that cool here, natural breast size here is gooooood! Butt implants are NOT fashionable

I believe we have one of the highest % of 'mary jane' smokers anywhere in the western world, its as easy as getting a cup of tea
pimp.gif

Russell Peters? Dont watch him, sorry there chap

Does Victorian aged discourse occur during the time of tea and crumpets? If not, how come it doesn't?

^We can engage in such parlance if one does wish so...we do so here readily
wink.gif

Lower Uncton's myth is TRUE

Stressed Eric schlong shouldnt be a concern of yours, know you're a concern of mine. Are you homosexual?

Why do you people pronounce the letter A as "er"?

For example, when i'm watching BBC News or Sky Sports, if they're talking about Valencia in a football match they say it as "Valencier "

Also, how is a New York accent "acceptable" but a "California" isn't? What the hell is a california accent?

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

New York accent = cool, Cali = annoying to us.
What about Texan Accents
glasses.gif
. I didn't have a problem. 

How come when I went there I saw a bunch of dudes on the street verbally abusing Police Officers. And the officers did not do a thing.  Does that happen often?
Why does it Cost SO much to Eat OUT!?!?!
I couldn't Find a Basketball court at all.  I went to a gym and it was all Gymnastics
ohwell.gif
. How let down I was.
laugh.gif

How do you guys feel about American Cars.  One guy brought his Escalade over with a NY license plate.  It was driving all over the white lines lol.
How do you guys feel about Portugal in soccer terms lol.  I didn't want to put my Andrade kit back on as soon as the Euro 2004 finished for England. But I did
smokin.gif

With Bridge, Terry, & Ca$hely Cole all facing calamity off the pitch, how much of a field day do you expect English opponents to have against your back four in the World Cup?

We dont all pronounce Valencia as Valencier,  its more of a regional thing. London folk would usually pronouce it that way.

Because the New York accent IS cool, and a West Coast accent sounds a little 'unintelligent' to us. Sorry!

I dont think they even teach the American Revolution in schools, its not our main concern as there's so much history here this side of the great pond...

Texan accent = sometimes cool, sometimes not. The cowboy type accent (like that cowboy dude in The Big Lebowski) is like the coolest accent of all time. But you average dirt covered hick in Nowheresvilles does NOT sound cool

Police office get no respect here, they have less powers than yours

Eating out costs a LOT more but there are some amazing restaurants here (usually all non-English
roll.gif
)

American Vintage Cars
pimp.gif

Modern American cars = boring

Portugal football team = dishonest bunch of violent cheating scumbags with that idiot Ronaldo doing diddly squat for them every time they have a big match
laugh.gif

England back line at the World Cup are DOOMED
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

We rarely eat US Kraft type cheese because its too plastic and we are historically excellent cheese makers. For example, Cheddar, Wensleydale, Red Leceister etc. All our cheeses are named after the town they come from.
I was born in England, lived there for 6 years then moved. Cheshire cheese is my favorite thing in the world and almost impossible to find in the states.
frown.gif

(along with malt bread, monster munch, buttons, indian food, good football players, & small cars)

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Im confused about:

GBR, UK and England

My co-worker explain "UK" and to my understanding it's made up of 3 countries/kingdom - England, Ireland and _____

explain please.

Scotland and Wales ...
Not quite, Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales - basically the big island. The United Kingdom is that plus Northern Ireland.

They are all separate countries but have joined together over the years. It's almost like having four states in one country - but it's a bit more than that.
So is it safe to assume whenever I see a GBR team it's basically England? Why wouldn't they just go by England then?

so confusing
frown.gif

Im confused about:

GBR, UK and England

My co-worker explain "UK" and to my understanding it's made up of 3 countries/kingdom - England, Ireland and _____

explain please.

Scotland and Wales ...
Not quite, Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales - basically the big island. The United Kingdom is that plus Northern Ireland.

They are all separate countries but have joined together over the years. It's almost like having four states in one country - but it's a bit more than that.
So is it safe to assume whenever I see a GBR team it's basically England? Why wouldn't they just go by England then?

so confusing
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Great Britain = the countries of England, Scotland, & Wales + the surrounding islands. Each country has its own unique culture but for polictical and geographic purposes we are united for the greater good.

Whatever pRon stars will do but American ones are popular ie. Alexis Texas
pimp.gif

Colin Montgomery = not bothered
Tiger Woods = America's John Terry
laugh.gif

Oh YoU MaD...explain.....LA+NY>UK? Considering relative size, population density, money markets, history, future stability, global influence and standard over living, UK >>>>>>>>>>both those places many times over for like the past 1000 years...plus we part created you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bud dink

Im confused about:

GBR, UK and England

explain please.

Scotland and Wales ...

so confusing
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

?

Asking a valid question here. Instead of that senseless stone facing why don't you just answer the question then genius?

EDIT:
Great Britain = the countries of England, Scotland, & Wales + the surrounding islands. Each country has its own unique culture but for polictical and geographic purposes we are united for the greater good.

Thank you.

How does it feel to know that the only reason England survived WWII was because of the United States?

Why is English food so bad (with the exception of English breakfast). When I visited I thought the breakfast was crack (Egg, some type of sausage that i got addicted to, pork n beans, toast). Everything else was bland and tasteless.
ohwell.gif

Im confused about:

GBR, UK and England

explain please.

Scotland and Wales ...

so confusing
frown.gif

No, I'm not quite sure how you'd arrive at that conclusion. England is England.

For most things the countries compete on their own - but for things like the Olympics they compete as GB - a team made up of people from England, Scotland and Wales - like in the Winter Olympics at the moment.

Sure, sometimes there will only be people of 1 nationality in a side - but that's only because all the best players happen to be in 1 country - and that probably happens with England the most as it's the biggest by far - but the curling teams (certainly last olympics - I'm not sure about now) have been dominated by Scots.

To further confuse matters Ireland play soccer as the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland - but in rugby they compete as Ireland - and it can include people from all over.

but for things like the Olympics they compete as GB - a team made up of people from England, Scotland and Wales - like in the Winter Olympics at the moment.

Yeap, this is why it gets confusing. Don't they do this on the Summer Olympics too?

anyhow, I think I got it all sorted out now. Thanks guys.

English food can be good, you just havent been exposed to the good stuff (but its our fault because we settle for the rubbish stuff which is everywhere her)

We dont hate the Dutch, we hate THE GERMANS

How does it feel as a US nation for having covertly sponsored elements of WWII and shamelessly do trade with Nazi Germany during the war in the first place?

Originally Posted by bud dink

Im confused about:

GBR, UK and England

explain please.

Scotland and Wales ...

so confusing
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

?

Asking a valid question here. Instead of that senseless stone facing why don't you just answer the question then genius?

EDIT:

Thank you.

he explained it directly above your +#%#%!@ question

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

How does it feel to know that the only reason England survived WWII was because of the United States?

indifferent.gif
Seriously?

Europe is certainly grateful for the help during WW2 - but the US sent an army - Europe gave a generation. There are still parts of mainland Europe that are a mess because of the devastation caused by fighting for 6 years.

You know, people were making jokes about the teeth of Brits earlier - and it was true a few years ago. There's a reason for that though - the UK paid for a large part of the entire cost of WW2 - and supplied a huge army (relative to its size) and then had to keep paying to rebuild their own country - food was rationed in the UK until 1954 and money was tight for a long time - while huge loans to the US (lend-lease) amongst others were repaid. That meant that a few things like dental care and luxuries were scarce for a long time.

So, thanks for the help - but try and put it into a little perspective next time. It wasn't the magnanimous gesture you think it was.

Back
Top Bottom