ASK AN ENGLISH GUY......Vol. Earl Grey, milk, 2 sugars

What the title says, ask me about tea, the Queen, Wimbledon, girls, whatever.......and thus much hilarity will ensue
tongue.gif

Diego - "like lemon juice and Pledge furniture cleaner".

English teeth - its a myth about British teeth. Here, it varies just like everywhere else from good and well kept to beer, cigarette and tea stained. Its often directly proportional to your income, lifestyle and availability of affordable healthcare...of which we have a free National Health Service.

We rarely eat US Kraft type cheese because its too plastic and we are historically excellent cheese makers. For example, Cheddar, Wensleydale, Red Leceister etc. All our cheeses are named after the town they come from.

Some girls shave and some dont but in general they tend to trim down (for unshaven {} again see 'Japan').

what are the most popular foods over there, like how we like pizza a lot. what do you all eat?

oh you and this will not end well.

When are they coming out with new episodes of Wheeler Dealers?

What is the difference between pounds and quid? 

Do people over there think Victoria Beckham is hot as hell?  You got other chicks like that over there? 

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Diego - "like lemon juice and Pledge furniture cleaner".

English teeth - its a myth about British teeth (for examples of questionable teeth see 'Japan'). Here, it varies just like everywhere else from good and well kept to beer, cigarette and tea stained. Its often directly proportional to your income, lifestyle and availability of affordable healthcare...of which we have a free National Health Service.

We rarely eat US Kraft type cheese because its too plastic and we are historically excellent cheese makers. For example, Cheddar, Wensleydale, Red Leceister etc. All our cheeses are named after the town they come from.

Some girls shave and some dont but in general they tend to trim down (for unshaven {} again see 'Japan').
I just came back from London a week ago. I was told it was a combo with the health care and the fact that yalls' water doesn't have certain minerals.

London is
pimp.gif
tho. Well everything except the weather
alien.gif

2mms8q0.jpg

We're not really ruled by a woman (are you crazy?!)...she's the figurehead of Britain and is good for history, trade and diplomatic reasons, but in reality its Gordon Brown (Prime Minister) who is the one in charge.

Wheeler Dealer's? Cant say I've watched it, but have you checked their website?

Pounds = common parlance and the correct financial term, Quid = slang term (London slang). Other examples of such colloquialisms for money are wonga, dosh and bread.

Victoria Beckham is not that hot. Cheryl Cole is.

Lucy Pinder and Michelle Marsh both started in the English daily newspaper 'The Sun' which is famous for their daily girl picture on Page 3. Hence they (and others like them are known as 'Page 3 Girls'). We have a free daily page of **** for 20 English pence
pimp.gif

Can i base all my opinions on Londoners from the movie "Snatch"?

Why do Brits on XBL claim that all americans are fat when in fact Brits themselves constantly eat deep fried anything?

Why is steak pie and chips so +%@!+*% delicious?

EDIT: Did your face hurt when Dan Henderson KTFO'd Michael Bisping?

Cheers mate.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Why do Brits on XBL claim that all americans are fat when in fact Brits themselves constantly eat deep fried anything?
I went to London for a week and I saw maybe a handful of fat people tops. didnt see any HUMONGOUS people at all...majority of the people I saw were skinny/ slim

Why don't the English pronounce the letter "h" in words? Everytime I meet meet an English person they say "ello."

I'd chasten one against basing one's whole perception of a country in reference to a 'movie'. However. Snatch does portray some London types quite well

Fat people, by country, by your own study: Link = we win, you lose
laugh.gif

Steak pie and chips tastes great (but horrendous for you). We all eat fish and chips or 'all day breakfasts' (a combination of any of the following : chips, fried egg, scrambled egg, bacon, fried mushroom, baked beans, sausages, fried toast or regular toast).

English people do and should pronounce the letter 'H'. Londoners and those who indulge in slang often do not. You can tell a person's upbringing and standard of education from this small example, as those who pronounce 'H' clearly and distinctly are considered better speakers of the language and sound a bit 'posh'.

Milk in Earl Grey is actually a great matter of conjecture here, as some swear by it and some swear its blasphemy. Early Grey with a slice of lemon is a standard way of drinking it but ask many on the street and they all prefer it with milk
wink.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I went to London for a week and I saw maybe a handful of fat people tops. didnt see any HUMONGOUS people at all...majority of the people I saw were skinny/ slim

exactly. Americans are fat.

Back
Top Bottom