Asomugha how did you do that?!?!?!

I don't blame the Raiders for paying that much for him. He's arguably one of the best corners in the L. I wished my Saints had a chance to make a runfor him.

its funny, NT is obsessed with this dude.. always making posts about him, and now when something finally good happens for him, yall hate on him andquestion.... typical, clown NT'ers

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

its funny, NT is obsessed with this dude.. always making posts about him, and now when something finally good happens for him, yall hate on him and question.... typical, clown NT'ers

People are just angry that they didn't have a shot to get him on their team. This deal actually frees up cap space for the Raiders in comparison to puttingthe franchise on him like they were going to do anyways. He is clearly the best CB in the league for the last 2 seasons and deserved what he got.

its funny, NT is obsessed with this dude.. always making posts about him, and now when something finally good happens for him, yall hate on him and question.... typical, clown NT'ers
*re-reads page 1*

LOLWUT?!

He's the best CB in the league and the Raiders are gonna have to overpay to get anyone to stay in Oakland

Originally Posted by Drama Chase

So not only can you not spell, you also cant read? There is no hate on him in this thread. ZERO. The hate is on the Raiders organization andtheir stupid contracts.
smh.gif

dreClark wrote:
Playing CB is more than just stopping the opposing team from catching the ball. It's also causeing turnovers and getting your team the ball back.

You dont think completely shutting down the opposing team's top WR helps to get your team the ball back? People seem to forget that a 3rd down stop isessentially a turnover, minus the yardage.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

Well, dude is the best man press CB in the nfl. Nate Clements and Asante Samuel got paid, neither have his coverage skills.
and he doesnt help his team win games neither. *shrugs* so it all balances out
what elite cb's do? its a glamorized position, even though its my favorite. how many superbowls has champ bailey won? or every other top ratedcb? they are never as important as they people make them out to be. an above average d-line will make below average cb's look good and that always seems towork better than having one great cb on a team.

Like I said, it all balances out.

Ronde Baber isn't the greatest manVman cover CB but he's good. He's the best Zone CB in recent history. He has more sacks, TDs and Ints than any CBcombined. When clutch plays were needed, he made em. He sealed games. He won games.
He did/does/done more on the field than Nnamdi.
There's a difference between playing ur man and halpin your team win, esp. When your team even when ur O isn't puttin up points

Like I said, it all balances out.

Ronde Baber isn't the greatest manVman cover CB but he's good. He's the best Zone CB in recent history. He has more sacks, TDs and Ints than any CB combined. When clutch plays were needed, he made em. He sealed games. He won games.
He did/does/done more on the field than Nnamdi.
There's a difference between playing ur man and halpin your team win, esp. When your team even when ur O isn't puttin up points
right but no one out there thinks of him when they think of great cbs. and the people they do think of as great usually havent won anything. thatsmy point. its an overrated position.

Man
indifferent.gif
you couldnt read on the "Greatest Threadof the Year" posts in general and you definetely dont know what the hell is going on here.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...e-year-deal-with-raiders/

For a change, the Oakland Raiders intercepted CB Nnamdi Asomugha on his way to the free-agent market.

Asomugha signed a three-year deal that is worth a minimum of $45 million and could reach $50 million, a league source said.

It's a complex contract that the NFL had to sift through and approve, and it has. The deal works like this:

The first two years, worth $28.5 million, are fully guaranteed. In the third year of the contract, if Oakland wants to keep Asomugha, it must pay him the average of the top five highest-paid quarterbacks (not to be confused with cornerbacks) or $16.875 million - whichever is greater. If the Raiders fail to pick up the option, Asomugha will become a free agent, with Oakland not having the ability to tag him again.

I don't care if they pick that option up or not...just the fact that it made it into a contract is absurd.

Originally Posted by DLo13

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/asomugha-lands-complex-three-year-deal-with-raiders/http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...e-year-deal-with-raiders/

For a change, the Oakland Raiders intercepted CB Nnamdi Asomugha on his way to the free-agent market.

Asomugha signed a three-year deal that is worth a minimum of $45 million and could reach $50 million, a league source said.

It's a complex contract that the NFL had to sift through and approve, and it has. The deal works like this:

The first two years, worth $28.5 million, are fully guaranteed. In the third year of the contract, if Oakland wants to keep Asomugha, it must pay him the average of the top five highest-paid quarterbacks (not to be confused with cornerbacks) or $16.875 million - whichever is greater. If the Raiders fail to pick up the option, Asomugha will become a free agent, with Oakland not having the ability to tag him again.

I don't care if they pick that option up or not...just the fact that it made it into a contract is absurd.

Now I know times must be hard when an agent can legitimately swing that...
eek.gif

U don't think of Ronde as a great CB? U do realize he's going to be in the Hall of Fame...

i do. 90 percent of people who watch wouldnt put him in their top 5 for the past 5 years. hes not someone people think of as elite or worth stupid amounts ofmoney.

U do realize he's going to be in the Hall of Fame...

oh and i dont really agree with that. he might deserve it but i dont think he will get in.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Originally Posted by DLo13

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/19/asomugha-lands-complex-three-year-deal-with-raiders/http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...e-year-deal-with-raiders/http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...e-year-deal-with-raiders/

Now I know times must be hard when an agent can legitimately swing that...
eek.gif

WHY YALL THINK I MADE THE THEAD
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this is the 1st time i have EVER seen a contact like this

Back
Top Bottom