at least 80 killed in Norway shooting; bombing

What's there to respond to ?

Again, he wasn't Muslim. Immigration/Islamophobia (bear in mind this terrorist was anti-Islam) in Europe is another topic, feel free to make another thread if you want to discuss those issues.

its funny how many people were hoping for the guy to be Muslim.. the guy was actually Pro-gay/pro-israel

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Again, not a "joke" just a jab at idiots who assumed this guy was Muslim (check other thread where the guy got sonned including by myself)

It was direct response to the pseudo-intellectuals who were asserting that it was idiotic to assume that it was Islamic terrorism at first glance (yourself included).
As for the Muslim in Europe topic, it is entirely worthy of its own thread, but I would say it would apply just a liiiitttttlle to this topic as well (/sarcasm)

Originally Posted by ekon one

Anyone with half a brain and a knowledge of the current global climate would reasonably think it was Islamic terrorism. 

I just finished a post showing how hate filled sites certainly contributed to the terrorists ideology.  The guy who just killed 80 people.

Then you post pictures from websites titled: infidels unite and my christian blood. 

Those pics are from Danish cartoon protests if you didn't know.  A controversy that many Muslims including myself were hurt by.

It was direct response to the pseudo-intellectuals who were asserting that it was idiotic to assume that it was Islamic terrorism at first glance (yourself included).

It's wrong to assume, it's not wrong to think.  My first reaction was "I hope it wasn't a Muslim."  That doesn't mean I assumed it was.
[h3]as·sume/əˈso͞om/Verb[/h3]
1. Suppose to be the case, without proof

But the fact that everyone thought immediately that it's a Muslim just displays the media's influence over us.  And how it places emphasis on the wrong things.
Meanwhile, in the world of reality, of 294 Terrorist attacks attempted or executed on European soil in 2009 as counted by the EU, a grand total of one -- 1 out of 294 -- was perpetrated by "Islamists."

http://www.salon.com/news...011/07/23/nyt/index.html

You're right.

It's not idiotic at all to post "so much for religion of peace" in any thread regarding a bombing or mass shooting without even knowing who was behind it.
barchart-copy-502x502-custom.jpg

This is sad RIP 
Here you see Anders Behring Breivik shooting kids from the youth-branch from Arbeiderpartiet (AUF). He is wearing a standard police uniform and you clearly can see a kid on the bottom left begging for his life.

2hr07fd.jpg

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Anyone with half a brain and a knowledge of the current global climate would reasonably think it was Islamic terrorism. 

I just finished a post showing how hate filled sites certainly contributed to the terrorists ideology.  The guy who just killed 80 people.

Then you post pictures from websites titled: infidels unite and my christian blood. 

Those pics are from Danish cartoon protests if you didn't know.  A controversy that many Muslims including myself were hurt by.
Link to the post? Would definitely be interested in reading.
And no, I actually didn't know the pics were related to the Danish Cartoon controversy or from those sites. They were honestly from a quick Google img search, but I think they are still relevant to the issue I brought up of assuming Muslims were responsible for the bombings.

Too sad... RIP to the innocent people who lost their lives, and hopefully the douche bag gets what he deserves...

And no, I actually didn't know the pics were related to the Danish Cartoon controversy or from those sites. They were honestly from a quick Google img search, but I think they are still relevant to the issue I brought up of assuming Muslims were responsible for the bombings.
0.4 %

Originally Posted by tkthafm

You're right.

It's not idiotic at all to post "so much for religion of peace" in any thread regarding a bombing or mass shooting without even knowing who was behind it.
barchart-copy-502x502-custom.jpg

Hmm interdasting, an intelligent rebuttal.
Link to source for the graph?

Horrible! Im speechless!
A girl that I know is now in the hospital, she got shot in the back, thankfully she is recovering well.
Worst thing that has ever happend in Norway since WWII.

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...g-bombing#reply-11338987

The only relevance the pictures have is that they show how this irrational belief has been supported and how it continues to spread.
http://www.snopes.com/pho...litics/muslimprotest.asp

Back
Top Bottom