AT&T heads: Anyone own the Nokia E71x or reccomend a new phone I should look into?!

NO I PHONE!!!!!

Ok, well my contract is up so I`m going to do an upgrade. I was looking at the Fuze, but all my boys have it and that isnt a good look if we all on our phonesat the same time on some "These cats think they doing it steeze" Also, the price is still kinda high, but it isn't that bad.

I was looking at the BB Bold also, but I`m not really up on Blackberrys, and I hear you have to get the BB Plan, all I really need is QWERTY text,Wi Fi, and,and MS Office type stuff on my phone for cheater
devil.gif

I was looking at the Nokia E71x, and it looks pretty good, but I`ve heard like Zero hype on it and I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, ithad WiFi,Qwerty,Office, and is only 99 bucks too
pimp.gif
Im pretty much leaningtowards this, but are there any other phones you guys think I should look at?

Heres some pics and specs for the Nokia E71x
atte71-2.jpg

nokia-e71-red-version-cell-phone1.jpg

nokia-e71x.jpg

[h4]Features[/h4]
toggle_arrow_d.gif
Camera
Camera

blue_checkmark.gif

Resolution

3.2 megapixels

Live video capture and playback

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Music
Music player

blue_checkmark.gif

Supported music formats

MP3, AAC, Real , WAV, WMA

AT&T Mobile Music

blue_checkmark.gif

Subscription music services

blue_checkmark.gif

Streaming Radio

blue_checkmark.gif

MusicID - Identify songs you're listening to

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Messaging
Text Messaging

Insert pictures, video clips and sound clips easily

Instant Messaging (IM)

AOL[emoji]174[/emoji], Windows Live and Yahoo![emoji]174[/emoji] Messenger

Video Share - share live streaming video with friends & family

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Email
Xpress Mail - access work and personal email, including Microsoft[emoji]174[/emoji] Outlook, Lotus[emoji]174[/emoji] Notes[emoji]174[/emoji], Yahoo! Mail[emoji]174[/emoji], AOL[emoji]174[/emoji], Windows Live[emoji]8482[/emoji] and more

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Video & Web
Web browser

full HTML

MEdia(TM) Net for wireless internet access

blue_checkmark.gif

CV - news, sports, weather, entertainment and more

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
MEdia(TM) Mall
Ringtones

blue_checkmark.gif

Answer Tones(TM) - have your friends hear your favorite song or funny phrase when they call you

blue_checkmark.gif

Cool Tools

blue_checkmark.gif

Games, puzzle, sports, action, card, racing and more

blue_checkmark.gif

Graphics

Choose from your favorite music artists, celebrities, sports heroes, and more

Themes

Wallpaper, background, custom menus/popups, icons and more

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Productivity
Calendar, Alarm clock, Call Waiting, Caller ID, Personal Organizer

blue_checkmark.gif

Address book

blue_checkmark.gif

Conference calling

blue_checkmark.gif

Call Forwarding

blue_checkmark.gif

Multitasking

Use voice and data simultaneously

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Extras
3G

high-speed data and voice

World phone

blue_checkmark.gif

BLUETOOTH[emoji]174[/emoji] wireless connectivity

blue_checkmark.gif

USB connectivity

blue_checkmark.gif

Hands-free speakerphone

blue_checkmark.gif

Voice dialing and voice commands

blue_checkmark.gif

TTY/TTD Compatible

blue_checkmark.gif

[h4]Specifications[/h4]
toggle_arrow_d.gif
Battery
Capacity

1500 mAh

Talk time

4 hours

Standby time

Up to 12 days

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Dimensions
Weight

4.4 ounces

Size (inches)

4.4 x 2.2 x 0.4 inches

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Memory
Internal memory storage

120 MB

Expandable memory storage

8 GB

Memory format

microSD(TM)

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Wireless Technology
GSM/GPRS

850/900/1800/1900 MHz

3G

850/1900 MHz

EDGE high speed data network

blue_checkmark.gif

BLUETOOTH[emoji]174[/emoji] technology

FOTA capable - upgrade Firmware Over the Air

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Operating System
Symbian

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Display
Display size

2.4 inches

Resolution (pixels)

240 x 320

Colors

16 Million

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Keyboard
QWERTY

blue_checkmark.gif

bold ftw! i went from the og iphone > 3g iphone > bold. the bb service is unmatched and their keyboards are the best. for media, i say cop the iphone.for everything else i say cop the bb bold.

blah!

I see we don't read much.

All I really need though is Qwerty,Cam, and Wifi. Bold has WiFi if I`m not mistaken correct? Because I`m not trying to get a data plan. And I know it doesntuse Windows Mobile, but does it have any Office Apps?

You've heard no hype on this phone because it's been out for over a year or so (unlocked non branded version)...You don't need a data plan butthey'll try to make you take on to get the mail-in rebate back (if you go that route).

I work for ATT and I'de suggest it this way Bold then the E71 if your just looking for text and office docs. That Nokia has enough apps available on it ifyou search. HTC Fuze is weak...I liked their previous phones but I didn't like that one. Not sure if your really into phones but if you got extra $$$ todrop I'de look into other unlocked options if all you want it for is text and docs

Originally Posted by PghShoeCollector

You've heard no hype on this phone because it's been out for over a year or so (unlocked non branded version)...You don't need a data plan but they'll try to make you take on to get the mail-in rebate back (if you go that route).

I work for ATT and I'de suggest it this way Bold then the E71 if your just looking for text and office docs. That Nokia has enough apps available on it if you search. HTC Fuze is weak...I liked their previous phones but I didn't like that one. Not sure if your really into phones but if you got extra $$$ to drop I'de look into other unlocked options if all you want it for is text and docs
Yea Fuze seemed weak, I had the 8525 and loved it but the others didnt seem to be much of an upgrade.

So is the E71x just wacker or the Bold just that much better? Like I said I pretty much only need Wifi,Qwerty texting,and Office docs or just something I canput test answers in
devil.gif
, and it just so happens mainly Smarphones havethese options.

And with Refurbs, Is it really like a downgrade copping one, or is it actually smarter?

IMO, Blackberry OS > Symbian OS which just makes using the phone easier...

I had the unlocked unbranded E71 last year and I liked it but after 2 months I was back on my Blackberry/Iphone switching. The E71 will do what you want but Ilike BB more.

Refurb is always a gamble...It could be a bad phone or it could be somebody who returned it a day later. You get the same warranty but software defects willultimately pop back up if the phone has them. Also, think of it like this...You use your phone more than any other electronic you have so to me paying theextra $50 for brand new is worth it.

I had the unlocked unbranded E71 last year and I liked it but after 2 months I was back on my Blackberry/Iphone switching. The E71 will do what you want but I like BB more.

Refurb is always a gamble...It could be a bad phone or it could be somebody who returned it a day later. You get the same warranty but software defects will ultimately pop back up if the phone has them. Also, think of it like this...You use your phone more than any other electronic you have so to me paying the extra $50 for brand new is worth it.
gotcha. And I had no idea in order to get a mail in rebate you had to get a data plan, because the E71x has the mail in rebate offer to make it 99unless it is diffrent instore.

Thats the thing, I`m not really OD into the phone stuff, I just want something that pretty much works and will be reliable. So would you say the BB OS is moreuser friendly or just more "cool"? And when it comes to customizing both how are they?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I had the unlocked unbranded E71 last year and I liked it but after 2 months I was back on my Blackberry/Iphone switching. The E71 will do what you want but I like BB more.

Refurb is always a gamble...It could be a bad phone or it could be somebody who returned it a day later. You get the same warranty but software defects will ultimately pop back up if the phone has them. Also, think of it like this...You use your phone more than any other electronic you have so to me paying the extra $50 for brand new is worth it.
gotcha. And I had no idea in order to get a mail in rebate you had to get a data plan, because the E71x has the mail in rebate offer to make it 99 unless it is diffrent instore.

Thats the thing, I`m not really OD into the phone stuff, I just want something that pretty much works and will be reliable. So would you say the BB OS is more user friendly or just more "cool"? And when it comes to customizing both how are they?

Before the Iphone came out the BB had the easiest OS to use on a phone. Both will be much easier than your old 8525. Customizing they are both pretty easyespecially because you have Crackberry.com (and the BB thread on here) and Nokia has numerous websites when it comes to customization.

I know in-store it says on our rebate form the data plan is needed to get the rebate back...might be different online tho, so idk. and the BB has Docs to Gopre-installed on it.

gotcha. And I had no idea in order to get a mail in rebate you had to get a data plan, because the E71x has the mail in rebate offer to make it 99 unless it is diffrent instore.

Thats the thing, I`m not really OD into the phone stuff, I just want something that pretty much works and will be reliable. So would you say the BB OS is more user friendly or just more "cool"? And when it comes to customizing both how are they?

Before the Iphone came out the BB had the easiest OS to use on a phone. Both will be much easier than your old 8525. Customizing they are both pretty easy especially because you have Crackberry.com (and the BB thread on here) and Nokia has numerous websites when it comes to customization.

I know in-store it says on our rebate form the data plan is needed to get the rebate back...might be different online tho, so idk. and the BB has Docs to Go pre-installed on it.
cool cool, I think a new BB Bold is like 300 though haha so Idk might have to play cheap skate and cop the Nokia,

E71x is pretty nice, I had the original version for a while and it was a sick phone. Build quality >>>>>>>>>>> BB Bold, thecasing on the phone is actually metal and it feels great. The bold feels cheap as hell compared to it.

You can install quickoffice on an E71 and get full a full suite of office apps. Additionally, you can even hook up a bluetooth keyboard:
3080376319_fd784b1456.jpg

It connects through bluetooth so it's handy because you don't actually have to connect the phone to it.

The one MAJOR downside is the screen size. It's a 2.3 inch 320x240 resolution screen. The Bold has a 2.8 inch 480x320 pixel resolution and it'sbeautiful. Additionally the Bold has a 3.5mm jack for regular headphones but the E71 doesn't (2.5mm jack for phone headsets) Browser is better on the E71and it supports flash so you can actually watch hulu from your phone but like I said earlier the screen is pretty small. That's the one major differencebetween both phones, so I'd check them both out in store. If all you need is texting, wifi, and office, go with the E71, but if the screen is too smallfor you go with the bold. They're both great phones you won't go wrong with either.

I've been eyeing this phone for a while and had a chance to play around with it in the store. The build is nice and the specs aremore then enough for my needs. I would get an iPhone but i already got an ipod touch... and i wan't a phone to just be a phone.. and maybe forinternet/email/gps. The AT&T store will require you get the $30 data plan for at least 3 or 6 months to avail for the rebate. Amazon has a deal right nowfor $0.01!!! But you must at least have the $30 data for 6 motnths. Si if you already have the data plan, you can get a steal on amazon.com

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

E71x is pretty nice, I had the original version for a while and it was a sick phone. Build quality >>>>>>>>>>> BB Bold, the casing on the phone is actually metal and it feels great. The bold feels cheap as hell compared to it.

You can install quickoffice on an E71 and get full a full suite of office apps. Additionally, you can even hook up a bluetooth keyboard:
3080376319_fd784b1456.jpg

It connects through bluetooth so it's handy because you don't actually have to connect the phone to it.

The one MAJOR downside is the screen size. It's a 2.3 inch 320x240 resolution screen. The Bold has a 2.8 inch 480x320 pixel resolution and it's beautiful. Additionally the Bold has a 3.5mm jack for regular headphones but the E71 doesn't (2.5mm jack for phone headsets) Browser is better on the E71 and it supports flash so you can actually watch hulu from your phone but like I said earlier the screen is pretty small. That's the one major difference between both phones, so I'd check them both out in store. If all you need is texting, wifi, and office, go with the E71, but if the screen is too small for you go with the bold. They're both great phones you won't go wrong with either.
Good info!!! I dont need the head phone stuff or anything really because I have an mp3 player. Does the phone allow you to put a full mp3 songfile as a ringtone like the 8525/Fuze does?

NO I PHONE!!!!!

Ok, well my contract is up so I`m going to do an upgrade. I was looking at the Fuze, but all my boys have it and that isnt a good look if we all on our phones at the same time on some "These cats think they doing it steeze" Also, the price is still kinda high, but it isn't that bad.

I was looking at the BB Bold also, but I`m not really up on Blackberrys, and I hear you have to get the BB Plan, all I really need is QWERTY text,Wi Fi, and, and MS Office type stuff on my phone for cheater
devil.gif

I was looking at the Nokia E71x, and it looks pretty good, but I`ve heard like Zero hype on it and I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, it had WiFi,Qwerty,Office, and is only 99 bucks too
pimp.gif
Im pretty much leaning towards this, but are there any other phones you guys think I should look at?

atte71-2.jpg

nokia-e71x.jpg

[h4]Features[/h4]
toggle_arrow_d.gif
Camera
Camera

blue_checkmark.gif

Resolution

3.2 megapixels

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Music
Music player

blue_checkmark.gif

Supported music formats

AT&T Mobile Music

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

Streaming Radio

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Messaging
Text Messaging

Instant Messaging (IM)

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Email
Xpress Mail - access work and personal email, including Microsoft[emoji]174[/emoji] Outlook, Lotus[emoji]174[/emoji] Notes[emoji]174[/emoji], Yahoo! Mail[emoji]174[/emoji], AOL[emoji]174[/emoji], Windows Live[emoji]8482[/emoji] and more

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Video & Web
Web browser

full HTML

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
MEdia(TM) Mall
Ringtones

blue_checkmark.gif

Answer Tones(TM) - have your friends hear your favorite song or funny phrase when they call you

blue_checkmark.gif

Cool Tools

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

Graphics

Themes

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Productivity

blue_checkmark.gif

Address book

blue_checkmark.gif

Conference calling

blue_checkmark.gif

Call Forwarding

blue_checkmark.gif

Multitasking

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Extras
3G

World phone

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

USB connectivity

blue_checkmark.gif

Hands-free speakerphone

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

TTY/TTD Compatible

blue_checkmark.gif

[h4]Specifications[/h4]
toggle_arrow_d.gif
Battery
Capacity

1500 mAh

Talk time

4 hours

Standby time

Up to 12 days

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Dimensions
Weight

4.4 ounces

Size (inches)

4.4 x 2.2 x 0.4 inches

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Memory
Internal memory storage

120 MB

8 GB

Memory format

microSD(TM)

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Wireless Technology
GSM/GPRS

850/900/1800/1900 MHz

3G

850/1900 MHz

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Operating System
Symbian

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Display
Display size

2.4 inches

Resolution (pixels)

240 x 320

Colors

16 Million

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Keyboard
QWERTY

blue_checkmark.gif
The Nokia E71x is aight. If you want an E71 get an Unlocked one from NewEgg or Amazon.com. This phone is comparable to the iphone and I got onebecause I didn't like the size and touch screen of the iphone. The white E71 is sexy and everyone will ask you where you get your phone from. I felt likea celeb when I pulled out my phone-4real.

Anyway, ATT cripples their stuff by taking out important features. Check out www.howardforums.com if you wanna know more info about the E71x and E71. I justsold my 4 month old E71 for $295. I downgraded to the E63 because GPS on a phone is useless to me-I really believe only men value GPS on a phone.

Originally Posted by JayeRell

NO I PHONE!!!!!

Ok, well my contract is up so I`m going to do an upgrade. I was looking at the Fuze, but all my boys have it and that isnt a good look if we all on our phones at the same time on some "These cats think they doing it steeze" Also, the price is still kinda high, but it isn't that bad.

I was looking at the BB Bold also, but I`m not really up on Blackberrys, and I hear you have to get the BB Plan, all I really need is QWERTY text,Wi Fi, and, and MS Office type stuff on my phone for cheater
devil.gif

I was looking at the Nokia E71x, and it looks pretty good, but I`ve heard like Zero hype on it and I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, it had WiFi,Qwerty,Office, and is only 99 bucks too
pimp.gif
Im pretty much leaning towards this, but are there any other phones you guys think I should look at?

atte71-2.jpg

nokia-e71x.jpg

[h4]Features[/h4]
toggle_arrow_d.gif
Camera
Camera

blue_checkmark.gif

Resolution

3.2 megapixels

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Music
Music player

blue_checkmark.gif

Supported music formats

AT&T Mobile Music

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

Streaming Radio

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Messaging
Text Messaging

Instant Messaging (IM)

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Email

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Video & Web
Web browser

full HTML

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
MEdia(TM) Mall
Ringtones

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

Cool Tools

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

Graphics

Themes

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Productivity

blue_checkmark.gif

Address book

blue_checkmark.gif

Conference calling

blue_checkmark.gif

Call Forwarding

blue_checkmark.gif

Multitasking

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Extras
3G

World phone

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

USB connectivity

blue_checkmark.gif

Hands-free speakerphone

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

TTY/TTD Compatible

blue_checkmark.gif

[h4]Specifications[/h4]
toggle_arrow_d.gif
Battery
Capacity

1500 mAh

Talk time

4 hours

Standby time

Up to 12 days

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Dimensions
Weight

4.4 ounces

Size (inches)

4.4 x 2.2 x 0.4 inches

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Memory
Internal memory storage

120 MB

8 GB

Memory format

microSD(TM)

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Wireless Technology
GSM/GPRS

850/900/1800/1900 MHz

3G

850/1900 MHz

blue_checkmark.gif

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Operating System
Symbian

blue_checkmark.gif

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Display
Display size

2.4 inches

Resolution (pixels)

240 x 320

Colors

16 Million

toggle_arrow_d.gif
Keyboard
QWERTY

blue_checkmark.gif
The Nokia E71x is aight. If you want an E71 get an Unlocked one from NewEgg or Amazon.com. This phone is comparable to the iphone and I got one because I didn't like the size and touch screen of the iphone. The white E71 is sexy and everyone will ask you where you get your phone from. I felt like a celeb when I pulled out my phone-4real.

Anyway, ATT cripples their stuff by taking out important features. Check out www.howardforums.com if you wanna know more info about the E71x and E71. I just sold my 4 month old E71 for $295. I downgraded to the E63 because GPS on a phone is useless to me-I really believe only men value GPS on a phone.

so is there really much of a diff between the E71x and E71?

I just got the regular E71 , it's pretty darn good. My one "squib" with it though is that the keys are a bit small and crammed, i prefer the bbcurve keyboard, but this was all i could afford, and it isn't that much of an issue (except I guess if you have big fingers)

Originally Posted by Lorizzle

I just got the regular E71 , it's pretty darn good. My one "squib" with it though is that the keys are a bit small and crammed, i prefer the bb curve keyboard, but this was all i could afford, and it isn't that much of an issue (except I guess if you have big fingers)
yea my fingers are kinda big, how would it compare to saw a Blackjack? And I do alot of texting but I doubt the keyboard will be that bad I justlove Qwerty

If you can afford it get the regular E71. at&t adds a lot of their apps to the E71x that you don't really need and I'm sure they've crippledother things too.

Yes you can assign mp3s as ringtones, the phone supports a lot of formats so you're good with that.

Check out these sites:
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-e71-en.shtml
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_E71.php

http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177 this site is the niketalk of phones, so you cansearch/ask anything here.

Back
Top Bottom