AT&T RELEASING LTE NETWORK IN D.C. NOV 6 SAMSUNG GALAXY S II SKYROCKET AND HTC VIVID

AT&T will expand it's LTE network to a few more cities including Washington DC on Nov 6th. They are also releasing 4 new LTE phones including the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket and the HTC Vivid. The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket will have a bigger screen 4.5" and a faster dual core processor 1.5 ghz versus 1.2 Ghz.

The advantage of AT&T LTE over Verizon's is that when out of range of LTE the phones will go to HSPA+ which is almost as fast as LTE anyway. SO basically you'll be going from True 4G (LTE) to faux-4G (HSPA+). When out of the LTE coverage on Verizon you go from True 4G to EVDO.

attlte2full.jpg

Sweet, LTE in the DMV finally. I'm intrigued by the Galaxy S II but already pay so much for my iPhone plan...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Sweet, LTE in the DMV finally. I'm intrigued by the Galaxy S II but already pay so much for my iPhone plan...
The good news is this Finnns...That means AT&T will be ready for the LTE version of the iPhone which will probably release next year sometime. LTE is a win for AAPL and Android.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by finnns2003

The good news is this Finnns...That means AT&T will be ready for the LTE version of the iPhone which will probably release next year sometime. LTE is a win for AAPL and Android.
I am very anxious, these phones function on wi-fi so much faster than 3G.

Mentioned that some time ago, HSPA+ underlying the LTE is pretty beneficial. I'm liking the design of the Vivid, the white one is
pimp.gif
Can't wait to see what kind of numbers AT&Ts LTE will put up, can't wait to get a new phone

Back
Top Bottom