AT&T Scales Back Throttling of Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans

I had "unlimited" AT&T and then switched to T-Mobile. Now I have unlimited with no throttling.

You have tmobile...that's like bragging about being able to scoop Team Jordan's easily.

Grandfathered, not dropping it... ever!

:rofl:

I love my AT&T plan (grandfathered as well)...however, it's good to see after the heat the FCC put on them, they increased "unlimited" data to 22gb.

This happens at the time when they are trying to thug their customers into the shared plans for the new iPhone.

2 yr contracts are going by by so there will be less and less unlimited data users over time :smh:

This happens at the time when they are trying to thug their customers into the shared plans for the new iPhone.

2 yr contracts are going by by so there will be less and less unlimited data users over time :smh:
I'm hearing people on next plans have been keeping their unlimited plans lately as well
Sucks that u have to actually go through att for the 2 year contract
I always just got mine at the Apple Store

I'm hearing people on next plans have been keeping their unlimited plans lately as well

Yep that's true. But they don't really outline that stuff to you. They try and thug the shared upon you :lol:

It's funny when they try to do math for me about how paying $800 over time is better for me than paying $400 up front :rofl:

I used to have an ATT unlimited data account and then switched to Verizon a year ago.

I don't regret it much, considering I don't even use that much data.

Yep that's true. But they don't really outline that stuff to you. They try and thug the shared upon you :lol:

It's funny when they try to do math for me about how paying $800 over time is better for me than paying $400 up front :rofl:
:rofl:
And what kills me
Is when the iPhone FIRST released
U HAD to get unlimited
They made it mandatory
I remember for the first iPhone
I had unlimited everything
Minutes texts and data
When the 3GS came out I downgraded my minutes to cheapen my bill

I dropped ATT for Tmobile over a year ago. Best decision I have ever made. I have only had minor issues with their services but nothing that would ever get me to leave them and head back to ATT. The only trade off is spotty coverage when traveling but I don't travel all that often.  Jump program is perfect for someone like who likes the latest and greatest and I do like the fact that TMobile offers 6 gigs of mobile hotspot at no extra charge. 

They lose money on unlimited plan. Greedy corp will do anything they have to to squeeze their long-term customers.

I don't like the no two-year contract that all the carriers are playing. Didn't loyalty mean something to these customers. Now it's all about the quick come up.

Man, that pisses me off too. Love buying iPhones from the store especially because they have a larger inventory than AT&T stores. Gonna try to keep this contract thing going and pay subsidized prices.

They tried to get me on shared thinking they will save me $ and I told them they are wrong it'll cost more. Rep. did the math for shared plan and I would be paying $50 more a month minimum.

Yeah $400 up front and I OWN THE PHONE turn around and sell when I want to upgrade. They can keep their lease programs.

im granfathered in on the ATT unlimited and never had any problems but have considered switching over to T-Mobile because ive good things about them

only thing is, I dont like messing with stuff if I dont need to. since ive never had problems at ATT, I dont know if i wanna risk switching over

I currently have t-mo Unilimited data and dont have any real complaints about their service. I'm switching back to ATT with 6s because I'm an employee and our discount is 50% off all services and accessories (no brainer). Times like this make me wish they still offered unlimited data for ATT

Last edited:
I currently have t-mo Unilimited data and dont have any real complaints about their service. I'm switching back to ATT with 6s because I'm an employee and our discount is 50% off all services and accessories (no brainer). Times like this make me wish they still offered unlimited data for ATT

I remember when I used to work for Radio Shack and they offered that same plan to me but I would have to lose my unlimited data. Even though I would have saved money I didn't think it was worth losing plan.

I remember when I used to work for Radio Shack and they offered that same plan to me but I would have to lose my unlimited data. Even though I would have saved money I didn't think it was worth losing plan.

I did a little bit of mobility before and ANYONE who had unlimited data was able to keep it as long as you never made changes to your data plan. Even til this day its still the same way. Dont let them fool you to thinking you can keep it

AT&T to Raise Price of Grandfathered Unlimited Plans From $30 to $35
Monday November 30, 2015 2:48 pm PST by Juli Clover

AT&T will raise the price of its grandfathered unlimited data plans from $30 to $35 in February of 2016, reports CNBC. The upcoming rate change is detailed on a page on AT&T's website and is the first price hike the unlimited plan has seen in seven years.

Though AT&T no longer offers unlimited data plans to customers, a small number of customers continue to hold unlimited data plans that were purchased before AT&T discontinued them in 2010. AT&T's current $30 unlimited data plan allows customers to use an unlimited amount of data, but AT&T does throttle with excessive data usage.

As of February 16, the $30 price tag, which is in addition to voice costs, will rise to $35. The price hike comes just a couple of months after AT&T announced changes to its throttling practices. AT&T previously throttled customers on congested networks after 5GB of LTE data usage, but that cap was increased to 22GB in September, making unlimited plans more valuable.

AT&T plans to notify customers who will be impacted by the price increase. Customers who wish to cancel their wireless service because of the pricing increase will have early termination fees waived for affected lines. Price changes will take effect during each customer's February billing period.

Tag: AT&T

:smh:

I wish they would allow me to tether on my unlimited plan :smh: I wouldn't abuse it but it would be clutch at times.

Unlimited data till the death of me 
smokin.gif
Grandfathered, not dropping it... ever!
All of this. 
smokin.gif

After leaving T-Mobile for AT&T, I want to go back. The signal is not that much better to warrant the price difference. Gotta pay off this iPhone first though

I wish they would allow me to tether on my unlimited plan :smh: I wouldn't abuse it but it would be clutch at times.

Bout 2008, my bro had household house connection tethered off his phone data. Playing cod, downloading hella movies and albums. They sent him a message.
It's probably his fault lol.
Anybody have a unlocked that allows them to switch off capped data? Experiences?

Last edited:
After leaving T-Mobile for AT&T, I want to go back. The signal is not that much better to warrant the price difference. Gotta pay off this iPhone first though

Just have TMO pay it off.

They are seriously making moves, if they can get enough capital to have better signal indoors, they'd be a real problem.

First Music Freedom and now Binge On :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom