AT&T users I need your help please

Hey fellow AT&T users. My contract is almost up and I can upgrade my phone. What are your opinions on the iphone 3Gs and the blackberry bold? I haveread up on both of the phones and both have excellent reviews. Also, for the iphone, is 16 GB enough? Or move up to a 32GB? I heard those apps take up a lotof memory. Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced!!

I would personally go for the HTC Touch Pro 2 or wait for the Leo to drop.
But I think a new BB might be dropping soon.
As for the iPhone, the 32GB

another BB? didn't the bold just come out?

how is the call (sound) quality for the iphone? cnet says it isn't as good and hasn't improved since the last generation. One of the reasons I havethe blackberry curve is the call quality

get the iphone 3Gs

the bold is already outdated, and a new one is coming soon, and not confirmed on ATT yet, its coming out for tmobile i think in october

Get the 3GS. It's got everything you need, and 16 gig is more than enough. I have over a dozen apps. 150+ pictures. Over 350 songs and still have a littleover 10 gigs free space. Unless you plan on putting 3000 songs on your phone. The 16 is plenty.

Yo man i work for att, not sales but marketing and people ask me which phone to go with, if u gonna choose b/t a iphone 3gs or a bold then take the 3gs becausewhat i've seen is that the bold has alot of problems from the trackball not scroll to the phone not coming on anymore, also dont get the bold because thebold 2 aka 9700 is about to come out and there will be nomore trackball its gonna to feature a trackpad similar to a mouse pad

I've had numerous phones over the past few years and no one has ever satisfied me the way the iPhone has.
As for the size, it depends what your trying to put into it. But the 16gb holds a lot. Mines is almost full [considering upgrading next year], but I do have alot of stuff in it...

Songs: 1516
Videos: 36
Photos: 2177
Applications: 51

..just shows how much you can store. The iPhone has multi-touch, video, video editing, best phone internet, GPS, motion sensor games...I mean, there are somany things. One small thing about it that I Love, is that when you hold the phone to your ear during a call, the screen turns black to save power and preventit from heating up. For some reason, I cherish this feature
laugh.gif

Is it perfect? Def not. The call drops are a pain in the **+ and some of the plans are ridiculous. Still, the positives outweighs the negative by far. If youhave any questions, feel free to pm me.

This should help you out as well.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/why-iphone/

I have both, and rotate back and fouth with them (I actually like the BB more though). Here are some pros and cons that i've noticed.

BB pros:
call quality (the iphone sounds kind of muffled)
better email/messaging
great battery life
loud $$! speaker/ringer
reliable (no dropped calls)
can text/type with one hand

Cons:
plain menus/OS/interface/whatever
crappy internet browser
scratches like a mutha
track ball takes some getting used to i guess
freezes every once in a while (maybe once a month)

Iphone pros:
everybody already knows...it's an ipod, games, browser, billion apps, fun, easy to use etc.

Cons:
dropped calls
failed calls (calls won't go/come through)
everybody has one
no MMS until 3 days ago
expensive plans
can't save or edit documents
battery life is better than previous gens, but still not that great
speaker/ringer still not loud enough

Back
Top Bottom