At What Point Did You Fav Rapper Become Your Fav Rapper?

In fourth grade when Carter 1 dropped..I copped the clean version and fell in love with this dudes music.
Ever since then hes been my favorite.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

NaS, the minute he dropped Stillmatic.

similar to me...

i was in middle school and this dude in my class who would always put me on to music. he would tell me what tracks to go download and who to look up.

his favorite artist was jay and he was also a mobb deep fan.

but when stillmatic came out he was like "man you gotta listen to stillmatic, i'll burn it for you"

it was a wrap when he gave me that burnt disc

There was a buzz around Brother Ali when he was dropping his second album, "The Undisputed Truth." I picked up that album, fell in love with it, and bam, favorite rapper.

true 3 blue wrote:

10 yrs old. 4th grade.

Remember VIVIDLY beasting for cassette tapes to record this off my boombox on Hot 97.�

Yep exactly. I remember my uncle
played this for me in his car when it first dropped.....
. Been a fan ever since

When I was in the 4th grade I remember hearing "It ain't my fault pt 2" by Silkk the shocker feat Mystikal. But it wasn't Silkk who I was impressed with...it was Mystikal. I first heard Sillk say "it ain't my fault" and didn't think much of it but then I heard Mystikal say "DID I DO THAT!?!?" and I was like "whoa! that was illl". From that moment on I knew he was my favorite rapper.

pimp.gif
Right when I heard this, I was probably 15, I liked Ghost before but this is what really got me into him.

Jeezy - And Then What
Pastor Troy - No Mo Play In GA
Three 6 Mafia - Tear Da Club Up
Ludacris -Southern Hospitality
T.I. - I'm Serious
Lil Jon - Bia Bia

I have 3 favorite rappers so:

50- If I Can't

Jay- When I listened to Blueprint 1

Joe Budden- Walk With Me

Jay was always one of my fav's since RD...

But the Blueprint sealed the deal for me...

Close 2nd: Wayne, Dedication 2 & Carter 2.

left rap for a bit then when i came back, his music was still as good as i remembered it. cant say the same for some of my other favorites. either they became meh or didnt stand out quite as much as my favorite

(favorite is nas btw)

[color= rgb(255, 153, 102)]i remember going to Target and all I had was 10 dollars. and Vol. 1 was one of the value cds and I remember Who U Wit was my joint I liked from some soundtrack.  Played it religiously.  Quoting Imaginary Players, Lucky Me, Streets iz Watchin all the time.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 153, 102)]already liked him a lot from his debut .. then .. Im Serious Remix, Never Scared & Re-AKSHON was all poppin on the radio.  Then 24's dropped and I saw him perform it @ Powerfest ... cd kept fn up ... so he got tight. and was like EFF THAT. did 24s accapella ... [/color]
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
[color= rgb(255, 153, 102)] I was already sold ... then Ttap Muzik dropped ...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 153, 102)]I can tell about 100 of these tho. My favorite fluctuates w/ my moods.  Fab, Banks, Bun, Nas, David Banner, Dro, Cam'ron, 2pac, Biggie have all been "my favorite" at one point or another.[/color]

The moment I seen this video. I swear I thought Nas was the illest dude alive I even tried to get waves like him but had no clue how, so i brushed my hair backwards thinking thats how you do it
laugh.gif

After i heard this joint it was a wrap eff what his personal life is like when it came to the music Nas is the GOAT.

I was a huge nerd back in elementary school. I mean in the sense of being in spelling bee's, winning science presentations, etc.

I heard Nas say something about Ghandi in a song and I was intrigued that a rapper knew about him. Been a fan since.

I've gone through phases of favorite rappers.
B.G.- Around the time Baller Blockin came out. I copped all his CDs up until Checkmate.

Lil Wayne- His verse on Juve's Set It Off Remix, this was when I first realized that he could actually spit and had potential. I never thought he'd be where he is today, and even though he fell off considerably, its good to see him getting shine.

Nas- When Stillmatic dropped...I saw the Got Yourself video and knew that this CD was a must cop. 

Jeezy- When TM101 dropped, I played it to death. 

Cassidy- After Im a Hustla came out. 

When I heard this I was hooked

And till this day he is my fav rapper, and I doubt that'll ever change.
Ye' is almost like an idol to me.

after i heard last call from Kayne i become a rider for him, as soon as i played It was written i almost committed suicide because i didnt wanna use any of nastys air

i dont even remember how i got put on but...
when i bought the college dropout, listened to it the whole way through
ye's been my favorite artist since

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom