Athletic Propulsion Labs - paging BP

Came across this, which I recall is where BP is working now...
http://www.athleticpropulsionlabs.com/

Claims to instantly increase your vert.  It'll be interesting to see what technology is behind this... but $300 
nerd.gif

The black ones look 
eek.gif
... I'm always a sucker for the carbon-fiber weave.

product1.jpg

product3.jpg

product2.jpg

I almost wet myself when I saw these. I will get a pair of the Dunkman colored one's above. I like the initial design most def. All it takes is a good design and great color blocking. Of course the price will deter most, but reviews will most undoubtedly bring others in.

This is my boy, so I will def have to get a pair and see if I can get these guys on the air. After all this is one of NTs own. I will be pumping this to all 10K people on our Radio Facebook Pages... that should get some things going.

Good stuff APL. THIS is how you come out....

^Eh..I disagree Rock..I guess it is how they should come out..but not my cup of tea...I see why they want to play it safe with an initial release..But ultimately with such a breakthrough technology, I want to see a breakthrough design..Something that pops out and stands alone..I think their logo in the future also needs work..Something that will stand alone without the lettering....

Id love to try em out, but with a 300 price tag of course I won't e able too
laugh.gif

Still very interesting and I will love to see how they do...

I don't think BP had anything real big with the initial release since he has just started working there...But I'm sure future colors could have a BP twist...

Not trying to criticize a fellow Nter but the traction pattern on these look terrible. Also the silhouette reminds me of Wade 2s or XX3s. I'll start putting up some money on the side for them but first I wanna hear some reviews on court
smile.gif
. Also I'm loving the CWs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i love how BP straight jacked the dman colorway lol.

looks interesting, the performance aspect has me wanting to try these out simply because I am white and indeed cannot jump lol.

Yeah BP didn't do the initial colorways but they've got him working on future ones which I think we're all really looking forward to.

Part of the design inspiration and look for the shoes comes from high end performance automobiles. I interviewed the founders of APL and they have a great backstory to share. Will post the entire feature story up soon on http://CounterKicks.com

I do think BP may have had something to do with the colorway.. but no he's not a designer of these. I think when it comes to the intitial design you have to play it safe and work within your budget and options on tooling for the tech you have.

I think everyone will have their opinion, but if there were a swoosh on these people would shart themselves up and down.

P.S.

I think to criticize another NTer is to critique the colorway, as BP wasnt the Designer.. merely the Color Designer. There has been comment made on my FB and here that the Dunkman Colorway was "jacked"

If you really want to think about it.... Nike could consider EVERY color someone does jacked.

After all didnt they pass on this colorway this year? I guess they may have had a patent on the colors....

Isn't Reebok coming out with a similar concept. Makes you jump higher after being worn? i don't' know how immediate the Reebok results are just remember watching a video of some white kid dunking for the first time in his life after wearing them for like 3 weeks.

So these are actually going to increase your jumping instantly is that going to be legal in the NBA or is that not thier target

Originally Posted by JLking

Not trying to criticize a fellow Nter but the traction pattern on these look terrible. Also the silhouette reminds me of Wade 2s or XX3s. I'll start putting up some money on the side for them but first I wanna hear some reviews on court
smile.gif
. Also I'm loving the CWs
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yeah, the traction doesn't look all that good. Never had good experiences with shoes that went for aesthetics over function. Shoe still looks
pimp.gif
, but $300 is a little too steep. If it does what it says it does, then I'd think about it.

I stand corrected then.. I guess he didnt do the initial colorway... but if he didnt.. can you imagine what future colorways WILL look like? Dag.

@Jking0821 - the Reebok "JumpTone" shoes are completely different. Everything to date from JumpSoles to JumpTones were designed to TRAIN your muscles for jumping higher. The APL shoes are designed to INSTANTLY increase your vertical when you wear the shoes via a new patent-pending technology embedded in the forefoot called "Load 'N Launch".

Originally Posted by Steez

@Jking0821 - the Reebok "JumpTone" shoes are completely different. Everything to date from JumpSoles to JumpTones were designed to TRAIN your muscles for jumping higher. The APL shoes are designed to INSTANTLY increase your vertical when you wear the shoes via a new patent-pending technology embedded in the forefoot called "Load 'N Launch".

Ok cool.  Any idea if this is actually going to be, for lack of better term, "legal" in the NBA.  Doesn't it them seem that if this is indeed true that anyone wearing these would have an advantage over anyone not wearing them?

nice colorway, shoe looks good..

price is ehhhhh, would love to get some reviews about the shoe..

and i also agree, will the shoe be legal if made to the NBA?

Paging BP - i'll be your rep for europe. And make sure you ship across here, i'm def down for a pair

Fresh.. can you imagine you wearing those and all of a sudden jumpin higher than you already do?

Tell me a few inches arent worth a few extra hunge on the daily.. ESPECIALLY if they are high Quality and construct eh? I know I'd like to have my hey dey back... If these get banned from the NBA that could ONLY be good. Also.. AAU's and High School kids serious about their game will be all over these..

Or will they be considered performance enhancers????

Been thinking about it and I'm kind of curious as to how the shoe will react when just running. Does the tech only work when you apply a lot of pressure on the forefoot area? Wondering because I'm on my forefeet a lot in the game. Also wondering how that tech is going to affect cushioning in the forefoot. Is it also a cushion? If not is there some cushioning in the forefoot?

I just posted new info and clean photos of the APL shoes at http://CounterKicks.com ...

Sneak Preview: Athletic Propulsion Labs – Concept 1

apl-concept-1-white-black-green.jpg

Athletic Propulsion Labs is a brand new footwear company that has created the first basketball shoe to instantly increase a player’s vertical leap. The company’s debut model is the Athletic Propulsion Labs Concept 1 shoe which houses a brand new patent-pending technology embedded in the forefoot called “Load ‘N Launch

saw these on one of the blogs in my google reader. so dope and interesting design, although very similar to the UA design jennings is wearing. The $300 pricetag? Easy pass.

Id consider these if theres more info.

lol I need another inch to throw it down CLEAN.

I like the design.

The black colorway is dope.

The midsole looks a bit clunky tho.

I wanna know how much these weigh.

^^I'll have the exclusive first-run interview with the APL founders on http://CounterKicks.com very soon. Will be the first in-depth story on the company anywhere. The shoe has been wear tested and studied at a biomechanics lab according to the APL founders, so they're fully sticking behind the technology announcement. Photos and videos are scheduled to accompany the product launch as well. I covered a TON in the interview so most everyone's questions out there should be covered. Will let you guys know soon when the story is live...

damn, if these work i might cop but then again i cant jump for crap anymore so this wouldnt even help me dunk
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom