Atlanta NTers remember him? vol....5 years ago today

xin_100302131024382298133.jpg

Brian Nichols! It's been 5 years since dude went on his two day killing spree. For those not familiar with it. He was in court on trial for a rape charge, while he was in the holding cell of the courthouse he overpowered a female deputy, took her gun and went HAM! He shot that deputy (she survived), went to a courtroom and killed a judge (who would be presiding over his trial) and a courtroom reporter. Once he left that courtroom he saw another deputy and murked him. Then he went a GTA like spree and carjacked a few cars while a manhunt went down. This was on a Friday, so schools were on lockdown (I happened to be out that day) and everybody was calling each other swearing I seen that dude walking down the street. The next day he still hadn't been found, but an ICE agent was found dead at an unfinished house (Nichols murdered him on Friday night). Eventually, he was turned in by a woman he had taken hostage and the city of Atlanta could breathe again. Those were two crazy days in my city.

Cliffs
=========
Dude breaks out of courthouse holding cell
Murdered a judge, a deputy, a court reporter, and a ICE agent
Was on the run for 26 hours
Sentenced to life in 2008

Here's an article if my little writeup wasn't good enough: http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22809024/detail.html

Yeah he was ex special ops or something. I thought this was going to be about somebody else though.

I remember hearing about this on the radio...It was crazy because I had a homeboy named Brian Nichols who was a good dude, but was in some trouble w/ the law because a chic claimed he sexually assaulted her in his dorm....i thought my boy couldnt handle the pressure and flipped out..

I sure do, scared the heck out of me! Then after that my dad would not let me go to Atlanta. I said, Brian Nichols had effed it up for everybody! *shakes head*

Also, I always think of him now that I am an officer of the law. I hope nothing like that ever happens again, especially not in any courthouse that I will be in!

I hated that $@+%% so bad, the whole case had me upset. I mean he should have been sentenced IMMEDIATELY after he was caught but it took years.

I was really mad because one of the people he killed was my high school friend's uncle

Wow. Dude went crazy. Over a rape charge, too. I mean, your life isn't necessarily over. It's a stain that will never come off of your record, but you can still lead a successful life. And that doesn't seem like the typical M.O. of a rapist.

He used to be special ops though?? It couldn't have just been the rape thing.

Dude knew too much.

I remember this dude. I was still at Georgia State, when this happened.

The whole city was shook. I remember rumors were floating around that he was using MARTA to get around, had me looking over my shoulder and +*#!.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

The state spent least $2.9 million to pay for Nichols’ defense.
indifferent.gif

Why the hell? Can someone explain this to me? Isn't the state prosecuting him? Why in the world would they spend that much money on him when a court appointed public defender would suffice. He deserves to get (painfully) tortured, then executed.

I remember. Sad story from beginning to end. I was leaving for work when it first happened. Got on Marta and everything shut down for a while. At that point it had been said that he was on a train. But he had been hopped off the train by then. Tragic story. And I knew it wouldnt take long before someone used his name in a song. Don P "now watch me Bryan Nichols"
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I remember. Sad story from beginning to end. I was leaving for work when it first happened. Got on Marta and everything shut down for a while. At that point it had been said that he was on a train. But he had been hopped off the train by then. Tragic story. And I knew it wouldnt take long before someone used his name in a song. Don P "now watch me Bryan Nichols"
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

I remember that song. I was thinking about when I first typed the post. For those two days you couldn't be a muscular black man walking around the city, people were legitimately scared. For those wondering about the $2.9 million on his defense, this article, should help out.

That was a brave white lady that turned him in...i forgot what channel, but there was a special on him and how he ended up at her house. But she was the one that calmed him down, told him stories and made him sandwiches if i remember.

Back
Top Bottom