ATTN; All Nike Employees.....

What up fam?! Thanks for taking the time out to read my post! I've got a quick question for anyone that has worked for Nike or currently does. The situation is that I live in Dallas and there is a Niketown opening in Northpark Mall in the coming weeks. I'm thinking about possibly trying to pick up a part time job there so I'm curious, is it difficult to become hired by Nike? I just don't know much about their Processes and procedures in this regard. Now, I realize that as their opening is right around the corner, I may be a little late, but even if I can get a jump on a Holiday job that'd be awesome! Thanks for your help folks!! 

im pretty sure is just like any other big retailer, a connection helps, other than that if you get an interview make it seem as if Nike is your life and you will never leave them.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

im pretty sure is just like any other big retailer, a connection helps, other than that if you get an interview make it seem as if Nike is your life and you will never leave them.
Pretty much. Try not to treat it any different. At the end of the day, it's just another job. The people hiring don't care you got hundreds of sneakers and you know every RD. They want people that are great sellers and have great people skills.

Sweet! Thanks man! I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I mean...Not much to lose honestly. I've worked retail before. (Foot Action...Albeit, 6 years ago.) I've got a steady, well paying full time job now, but I HATE it! So, I think I want to do something that has potential to be a little more fun...At times anyway, I'm sure!!

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

They work people like dogs, and pay them like cats.

Haha...Kind of funny! What's also funny is that I currently work for Bank of America (Corporate facility too, as it was Countrywide before the fall out) and they treat their workforce, myself included) like pieces of *$*%. So, I'm used to (REAL) poor treatment and not mad at some hard work that might at least be enjoyable.

im sure you wont get close to how much your paying at the bank. you even said so yourself, its well paying. you may hate it, but thats life. it pays the bills and keeps you surviving.

you want to work at nike because you just need a 2nd job to pay the bills, or just for "fun" and get them discounts so you can hook ME up?
smile.gif

i know someone got a job with NT straight out of high school so it should be too difficult

and it helps because its a new one opening so they must be hiring

GL
pimp.gif

You're going to have a group interview and they're going to ask you questions about how you feel about team work, sports, and general customer service questions. Common sense mostly
Originally Posted by a55a5in11

hook up the swoosh account if u get on

Don't do this

Word! 'Preciate the input guys! Yeah, I know that it's gonna be for scraps (income wise) but I'm really just lookin for some part time work right now in preparation for a future situation. Pretty soon, I might be engaged and at that point, I'll be moving in with my girl. At that point, having two incomes is gonna be clutch as I know I'm gonna leave the Bank and will be making less money! I hate my current job so much that I've resigned to the fact that I will be making CONSIDERABLY less money but I'm trying to make a different career choice and it's not the money that is making this choice for me. ( I know. You're asking, Why the hell do you want a PT position @ a retail store then???) My plan is to interview with them, let my sales and retail experience speak for itself and also let them know that I want to enter the management program and hopefully that will show some drive and potential. My END GOAL???....Nike Rep!!! I'm 28, so I don't think I'll be viewed the same as some of the younger employees, etc. I've held my current job for 4.5 years.

Initially, they might feel as though I'm over qualified, but in rebuttal to that will be my desires to move up in the company, so starting over is in my future anyway and I plan on letting them know I'm OK with that! I have a boy that has a boy and he said that realistically, if you bust your *** w/Nike for a year, you should be considered for advancement. So, if I start out on a mission, with them knowing that I have goals within the company, then I think that will stand out. I'm hoping so anyway. As for hook ups...F&F only! HAHA! Wish me luck!

And as for Group interviews....Not my favorite but *%%%, it's been so long since I interviewed anywhere that it could be a good thing!

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

hook up the swoosh account if u get on

Yeah i lost my swoosh account and i was wondering if someone can hook me up?
nerd.gif

When I got hired for Nike one of the managers told me 1 out of 100,000 people who apply get hired .. but we're talking about NikeTown NY here. Good luck bro!

Originally Posted by Kiiing

When I got hired for Nike one of the managers told me 1 out of 100,000 people who apply get hired .. but we're talking about NikeTown NY here. Good luck bro!

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

this information is very far fetched

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Sweet! Thanks man! I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I mean...Not much to lose honestly. I've worked retail before. (Foot Action...Albeit, 6 years ago.) I've got a steady, well paying full time job now, but I HATE it! So, I think I want to do something that has potential to be a little more fun...At times anyway, I'm sure!!

I wouldn't call working at Nike fun. At the end of the day, you're still running around arranging stuff and getting shoes for people. I rather work in a mom and pop store, much more chill and laid back environment. Probably not as hectic, and no uniform required or anything.

I hear ya Supremacy. I've got bigger aspirations than working the retail side of things. Plus, I'm familiar with the annoyances of working for a sneaker retailer.

Back
Top Bottom