**AUDIO HEADS** MTX 9515-44 WIRING HELP

what up nt. without anyone's particular opinion on MTX, i need preferably someone who is familiar with the thunder series. i have the woofer wired down toa 2 ohm load for my 1501d. BUT its not hitting the lows i want it to, and know it is capable of. im starting to think it has something to do with the littlemini positive and negitive connections next to the main ones. IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO WIRE THOSE CONNECTIONS, A POST WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!! thanks.
-jason

Originally Posted by awash242

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

could be the box
or your amp, or your wiring..

- or the vehicle.....

- just curious, its seems from your comments that you dont know too much about car audio, so how do you "know" it can hit that low? whats the freqresponse?

- im looking on MTX's website.....what are they buttons? i cant tell, and they dont list anything on it. it sounds unlikely they're the reason it isnthitting what you think it should. im still looking though.

*EDIT*

- oh...okay. all they are is different connection terminals. giving you the option to have a cleaner install. they dont do anything special.

First off what kind of power source, how do you have it wired, what type of gauge, etc etc. You need to be more specific.

#1. the subs freq response is 20-500hz
#2. the box is a custom, made by me, out of 2" thick heavy duty wood. NOT partical board. it is tuned to 34hz. PORTED
#3. I have a 220 AMP alternator with a big 3 upgrade of 2 gauge wire
#4. The sub is being powered my an MTX 1501d
#5. the sub is wired down to a 2ohm load, thus should be receiving 1000 RMS from the amp.
#6. the car is a crown vick
#7. i know this sub can hit much more lower than this because my friend has this setup, except its a 15" 7500 running off a MTX 801d. and hers hits allthe lows. (they are both wired the same way. [ie mine and hers])
#8. the 1501d's response is 20-500hz as well i believe
#9. the actual speaker wire is 18 gauge wire.

SIDE NOTE- im starting to think it could be this crappy clarion head unit. im deff upgrading to an alpine soon, but im not sure if that's the culprit forALL of this.

Originally Posted by lovemy23kicks

#2. the box is a custom, made by me, out of 2" thick heavy duty wood. NOT partical board. it is tuned to 34hz. PORTED

#7. i know this sub can hit much more lower than this because my friend has this setup, except its a 15" 7500 running off a MTX 801d. and hers hits all the lows. (they are both wired the same way. [ie mine and hers])

SIDE NOTE- im starting to think it could be this crappy clarion head unit. im deff upgrading to an alpine soon, but im not sure if that's the culprit for ALL of this.

(#1) i think i read that your subs go down to 10Hz.....just saying.

(#2) how experienced are you with making boxes? being off by a little can drastically change the sound, especially in a ported box.

(#7) what kind of car does your friend drive?

- make sure your filters aren't set the wrong way on your head unit and amp. (you probably already checked this)

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by lovemy23kicks

#7. i know this sub can hit much more lower than this because my friend has this setup, except its a 15" 7500 running off a MTX 801d. and hers hits all the lows. (they are both wired the same way. [ie mine and hers])

SIDE NOTE- im starting to think it could be this crappy clarion head unit. im deff upgrading to an alpine soon, but im not sure if that's the culprit for ALL of this.

(#1) i think i read that your subs go down to 10Hz.....just saying.

(#2) how experienced are you with making boxes? being off by a little can drastically change the sound, especially in a ported box.

(#7) what kind of car does your friend drive?

- make sure your filters aren't set the wrong way on your head unit and amp. (you probably already checked this)

#1. you nay be right
#2. im VERY experienced. i have built 5 so far, including my friends.
#7. hers is going to be a little louder bcuz its a ford taurus.

-n yea, i have done everything but rip the head unit out trying to fix this issue lol

Back
Top Bottom