Audiophiles : Noise Canceling Headphones ?

I recently purchased a pair of Seinnheiser HD 595 and love them. I wish they were noise cancleing because I take the subway a lot. Can someone reccomend me apair of noise canceling headphones for under $200 that perform close to the 595's ?

bose qc 2. the best i've ever had, i've tried many others and it doesn't compare. call me hype, but i'm speaking the truth here

Originally Posted by reigndrop

bose qc 2. the best i've ever had, i've tried many others and it doesn't compare. call me hype, but i'm speaking the truth here

truth.. i travel a lot and i love my qc 3s ..

the 595s have an open ear design because of the mesh ear cup backing. Noise cancelling headphones do not offer the best sound quality btw. The noise cancellingtechnology takes away from the sound of your music. Perhaps try something with a sealed cup design.

I love headphone threads. Never get tired of them.
pimp.gif

I bought some new Sony noise cancelling joints on Saturday just because I liked the look of them. I need to stop collecting headphones and just buy one LEGITpair.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

the 595s have an open ear design because of the mesh ear cup backing. Noise cancelling headphones do not offer the best sound quality btw. The noise cancelling technology takes away from the sound of your music. Perhaps try something with a sealed cup design.

What do you think are the best closed cans under 200 bucks?

laugh.gif
I saw a dude at Best Buy today with the BEATS on and he was with his boys and kept saying "WWWOOOOWWWW" real loud in ignorant like. I was
roll.gif

Dude I was with was laughin too but he def didn't get the joke.
laugh.gif

I want to get the MDR-NC60 from Sony. What's better for my value. I've had three different sets of Sony 'phones in the past three years and haveloved them all.

I'm still wanting some Senn's.

I was afraid I was going to come in here and see people suggesting the beats
laugh.gif

Do you specifically want over the ear cans or would you try in-ear headphones?

Sony cans are pretty good in terms of noise cancellation but I can't remember the model my friend had.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

the 595s have an open ear design because of the mesh ear cup backing. Noise cancelling headphones do not offer the best sound quality btw. The noise cancelling technology takes away from the sound of your music. Perhaps try something with a sealed cup design.

This man's right. The noise cancelling emits sound that "cancels" outside noises (is really only effective for constant noises like plane noise,subway, etc.) and that makes the sound quality worse. There's no headphone currently on the market with active noise cancellation that sounds anywhere neargood for the price, imo. passive noise cancellation is great though (like iems, even though you said you're considering over-ears; do remember that iemsisolate far more and are far more practical and efficient for portable use). for over/around ear look at senn hd 25, audio tecnica es series, akg k81 (theseare bassy, from what I've heard). There's far more options as far as IEMs go, sure, senn, audiotecnica, denon, sleek, etc. of course there's what ihave, customs ...
pimp.gif
best isolation and comfort i've ever experienced. Avoid Bose, and the Beats. If you're really stuck on active noise cancelling,Audio Tecnica has a pair (as i think someone mentioned)

What's a good over the ear headphone that delivers the best quality sound, not the best noise cancelling qualities?

IDC what anyone says... the Beats headphones are amazing... and if I had 150 to blow on head phones I'd cop them... Employee Price FTW

I just won some promotion at work and go to pick a prize I picked some Bose ear buds... I coulda picked the Over the ear headphones and didn't and I'mkind of pissed..... oh well

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

IDC what anyone says... the Beats headphones are amazing... and if I had 150 to blow on head phones I'd cop them... Employee Price FTW

I just won some promotion at work and go to pick a prize I picked some Bose ear buds... I coulda picked the Over the ear headphones and didn't and I'm kind of pissed..... oh well

Damn. You like them though? What kinda promotion was it? Whoever sells the most BOSE headsets or something along those lines?

Back
Top Bottom