January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
283BF48E-26E4-4A7A-ADD6-6BA5CF9830A0.jpeg

True?

It was a very good match but idk about MOTY. I think most people are just so surprised at the offense Murphy got in and Reigns selling for him.

A very good match that showcase buddy's strong knee strike not a contender for MOTY.

I say buddy vs Cedric at RR can be a contender.
I swear dudes love throwing out that label for ANY match that is "Very Good."

Dudes in here do it as well, not as much as yall used to but damn. Chill out.
So y’all ain’t lyin about IT being a great match

193AA9F5-82CE-4FC0-A072-6B575ED703DE.gif

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Seems good enough to view for myself

Also have to check buddy vs cedric at RR thanks swaynomics930 swaynomics930

NXT preview (Aug. 14, 2019): Finals

013_NXT_06132019ca_2123__a0fbc679a8b436ede37f6cd08233050a.0.jpg
WWE.com
NXT returns to us tonight (Aug. 14) with their episode taped in Toronto, Ontario prior to the TakeOver card.

Advertised for tonight:

• Myles Jordan vs. Cameron Grimes in the Breakout Tournament finals
  • Breezango vs. the Forgotten Sons
As per usual, her are our five questions about NXT tonight:

1) What title will be challenged for?

The winner of the Breakout Tournament between Cameron Grimes and Myles Jordan gets to choose a title to challenge for.

It would make sense to go for the top title and challenge Adam Cole for the NXT championship. But at the same time, maybe they think it’d be an easier task to challenge for the secondary belt. However, as long as Velveteen Dream is the North American champion, winning the NA title is really not any easier than winning the NXT title.

The only other option is the tag team titles, but of course they’d need a partner. And neither man has a natural partner on the roster. Not that they can’t find one, but it’d take awhile unless they’re willing to wait.

Speaking of willing to wait...

2) When will it take place?

Is the winner going to be getting TV time soon to challenge for the title(s) of his choosing? Or are they going to keep this in their back pocket?

It would make more sense for the winner to spend a bit of time on the roster building their character before jumping into a title match. That way whomever wins is more of a believable challenger. If they face a champion now, I’m assuming they take the L.

This would be the case with any of the competitors in the Breakout Tournament, but the two men in the finals feels like they’ve stuck out the least so it’d be wise to definitely take some time before getting into that championship match.

3) How serious does Breezango get?

This is a question I’m asking often, but tonight, we’ll see what the NXT version of Breezango looks like.

On the main roster, they got 100% goofy, barely wrestling and just performing backstage bits. They were really entertaining, but it wasn’t serious enough to translate to the ring. While the backstage interview they gave upon Fandango’s return showed they’re still going to be rather silly, if they’re going to compete, they need to show that serious side.

If they win tonight, they’ll need to be serious enough to pull it off. If they lose, that may be a catalyst for more change.

4) Is Johnny done?

After TakeOver last Saturday, Johnny took a curtain call, suggesting maybe he’d be leaving NXT after failing to reclaim the NXT championship. Rumor is it was just something William Regal wanted to do to honor all Johnny has done in the promotion.

We won’t get a real answer this week. We’ll have to wait a little bit for that. But this episode will have fallout interviews and one from Gargano could clue us into the future of Johnny Wrestling.

Honestly, there isn’t much left for him to do in NXT. But if they really are moving to FS1, they may want to keep one of the staples of the promotion. And if they really are moving to two hours, they’re going to want more talent, not less.

5) Is this one of the more noteworthy fallout episodes?

Often, the episode after TakeOver is one you don’t need to watch. All the important fallout will happen next week. These have fallout interviews already on YouTube and matches taped prior to TakeOver that don’t carry much weight.

But this episode has the final match of the Breakout Tournament, which we’ve been watching for weeks. The winner gets a title shot. That’s a pretty big deal.

Plus, it’s Breezango’s return. Seeing a popular main roster tag team reunited for the first time in a long time is worth tuning in for.

It’s still not completely “must-watch” and you can always watch the matches later if you need a break after four straight days of WWE wrestling. But it’s one of the more noteworthy episodes right after TakeOver.

We’ll see if we get any answers to these questions tonight at 8 ET on the WWE Network.

The INCONICS remind me alot of the joints who play the biddies on GLOW. I wonder if they were influenced from them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom