AUSTIN College students. What bank should I sign with?

Im planning to go to UT this fall semester, but have yet to open a bank account. I got a hefty amount already to deposit. What banks in Austin, UT area, is the best? I have decided between WaMu or Bank of America. Can anyone school right quick? Do both have free credit checking account that doesnt require a monthly direct deposit?

Any other info I should know? I need to build my credit...
"IS IT WRONG TO BE STRONG?
-FS: BNIB IPOD 2GB NANO - LASER IV - FLINT XIII -

Personally, I bank at UFCU (University Federal Credit Union), UT's "credit union". I do pay a monthly fee of $3.00, but there are branches scattered around town and I find the customer service to be great. Their website is www.ufcu.org
TeamCowboysSeptember 10th

Also going to UT in the fall. Don't know which I'm going to go with because I also have a large amount to deposit as well as have an automatic bank draft on the first of each month. Is anyone else on here going to the School of Business?

i go to ut im in the business school. it really doesnt matter who you bank with. theres a chase,wells fargo, washington mutual that are right on the drag (like 5-10 minute walk away from main dorms)

You are best going with bank of america...they have a site right in between 6th and 5th...so believe me when I tell you that you will spend the majority of your time taking extre withdrawls there. Plus they have ATM's in every Valero gas station which is prominent in ATX.
"IF YOU'RE SCARED, GO TO CHURCH...OR BUY A BULLDOG!!!"

BoA has ATMs on Campus, both have ATMs on the drag. Just pick whichever one has better perks.
CIPH$ CIPH$ CIPH$

Anyone else, or already attending the school of architect there?
"IS IT WRONG TO BE STRONG?
-FS: BNIB IPOD 2GB NANO - LASER IV - FLINT XIII -

you could probably look up a credit union around the austin area cuz i know some credit unions like the one i work for they have special accounts for students and its a way to help you save money and earn interest and all that good stuff!!! so you might wanna look around and just see what the credit unions or even banks have to offer for college students and see where u can get a high interest rate on an account!

Quote:
You are best going with bank of america...they have a site right in between 6th and 5th...so believe me when I tell you that you will spend the majority of your time taking extre withdrawls there. Plus they have ATM's in every Valero gas station which is prominent in ATX.

best advice, he's exactly right.
suddenly I heard a tapping,...

fmscully@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom